2022 Target List

Depending on how the early enrollment affects his eligibility for the 2022 NBA Draft, this could be bad for UK if they only get 20 or so games out of him, several of which will be an adjustment period. If he sticks around for another year, then it would seem to be great news for them.

It's an interesting case. Aaron Torres was suggesting he might come to campus in January but NOT play, which seemed weird. I'm not sure why you'd do that. I guess maybe to use the facilities and have better training opportunity. But, Torres was suggesting this could be a bad situation for UK because he would come to campus, not play, and then decide to go into the draft and essentially never play a second for the Wildcats. I find that highly unlikely but who knows.

It's an interesting case. Aaron Torres was suggesting he might come to campus in January but NOT play, which seemed weird. I'm not sure why you'd do that. I guess maybe to use the facilities and have better training opportunity. But, Torres was suggesting this could be a bad situation for UK because he would come to campus, not play, and then decide to go into the draft and essentially never play a second for the Wildcats. I find that highly unlikely but who knows.
That's sort of where I was going with my post. Not sure if enrolling early clears a path for him to enter the 2022 draft.

Updated…

Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#4 Yohan Traore
#10 Cason Wallace-Top 3, OV 9/17, 6/3
#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#90 Chandler Jackson- OV 10/16
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT

NR Daniel Sanford

I'll be interested to see which international prospects pop up in a few months who Barnes ends up pursuing. Always seems to be an intriguing non-US player who makes a splash in the winter/early spring who we get in on.

Yeah it's safe to say this list is down to one name, Chandler Jackson.

For now, it's all quiet until the Spring most likely, when things should pick back up again once we know what this team looks like, who is likely to leave, and what people might pop in the portal elsewhere.

Reactions: berryvol
I’m not giving up on Wallace until he commits. If anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt as far as not counting him out (dang, look at those sick bars 😂) it’s the Deacon.

Barnes said that he is supportive of the transfer portal and rules. He said something like it is fair for the players to have that option. With high school prospects falling to others I think we’ll see even more transfers filling spots. Kevin Punter made a big contribution, although he came from a community college. Baulkman might have transferred from a 2-year as well. Lew Evans was a grad transfer. James Daniel was granted an extra year after an injury and was eligible immediately. Chris Darringyon came in as a Junior from a 4-year school and was gone before becoming a senior. Victor Bailey, Uros, and Anosike all arrived NOT directly from high school. Powell is the latest and fits the bill for somebody using the one-time transfer option. I would like to see 2 or 3 four year players added every year. But that might not be reality any more.

Barnes said that he is supportive of the transfer portal and rules. He said something like it is fair for the players to have that option. With high school prospects falling to others I think we’ll see even more transfers filling spots. Kevin Punter made a big contribution, although he came from a community college. Baulkman might have transferred from a 2-year as well. Lew Evans was a grad transfer. James Daniel was granted an extra year after an injury and was eligible immediately. Chris Darringyon came in as a Junior from a 4-year school and was gone before becoming a senior. Victor Bailey, Uros, and Anosike all arrived NOT directly from high school. Powell is the latest and fits the bill for somebody using the one-time transfer option. I would like to see 2 or 3 four year players added every year. But that might not be reality any more.
Darrington came to UT as a JUCO transfer, wasn't he? Vincennes JC?

Darrington was a JUCO….I don’t think you’ll see us pursue JUCO’s, but I don’t think transfers will be utilized. Barnes has mentioned being open to it, but they don’t want to take a bunch, he said they want to get back to building the program and having guys the fans know really well…like grant, admiral etc.

Darrington was a JUCO….I don’t think you’ll see us pursue JUCO’s, but I don’t think transfers will be utilized. Barnes has mentioned being open to it, but they don’t want to take a bunch, he said they want to get back to building the program and having guys the fans know really well…like grant, admiral etc.

Really don’t need JUCOs any more with the one time transfer rule now enabling immediate help. There will be exceptions for really good players that needed to work on their academics, but with relaxed admission standards those will be rare cases.

Bailey, Uros, Anosike, and Powell are recent transfers but you don’t think transfers will be utilized with the relaxed rules for sitting out?

Really don’t need JUCOs any more with the one time transfer rule now enabling immediate help. There will be exceptions for really good players that needed to work on their academics, but with relaxed admission standards those will be rare cases.

Bailey, Uros, Anosike, and Powell are recent transfers but you don’t think transfers will be utilized with the relaxed rules for sitting out?
Utilized as in taking 2-3 a year? No. Utilized as in maybe taking 1 a year or every other year? Yes.

VN Store

Back