2022 Target List

The biggest news of the week on the recruiting front was Tennessee reaching out with an offer to wing Angel Montas who attends Life Academy in Kissimmee, Fla.

Montas is originally from the Dominican Republic and has played on his country’s national team so has some International experience. He’s not completely off the radar, he does hold an offer from Illinois but most of his interest has been from mid-major programs.

He was described to us by someone who has seen him play multiple times as a big, physical, athletic guard who needs to polish up his skill set but has a lot of raw potential.

Tennessee found him through Director of Student Athlete Development Ken McDonald who some might remember replaced Rod Clark on the road for a period in July when Clark’s wife gave birth to their first child.

McDonald has a lengthy history with USA basketball and as a result a lot of international contacts from his time serving as an advance scout for the senior national team in 2017 and 2019. He’s the reason that Santiago Vescovi is a Vol.

Long story short, McDonald had heard about Montas from some of his contacts in the International game, had a chance to see him for himself this summer and from that time on Tennessee has kept in touch. With it looking like Chandler Jackson is heading to Florida State, the Vols pulled the trigger on the offer this week.

This one is serious and Tennessee is pushing hard.
-VQ

So there is a chance, UT adds a Dominican kid to go along with all our other international players ? I like it, especially if UT misses out on CJ, who I haven't given up on, yet. The power of the 🐈, uh, excuse me, the girlfriend will still win out, imo. Of course, I've been wrong, many, many times before

So there is a chance, UT adds a Dominican kid to go along with all our other international players ? I like it, especially if UT misses out on CJ, who I haven't given up on, yet. The power of the 🐈, uh, excuse me, the girlfriend will still win out, imo. Of course, I've been wrong, many, many times before

I love the international rosters. Makes the heads explode of the ignorant element that think East TN is nothing but shoeless, dentally challenged hillbillies that don’t tolerate them outsiders.

I love the international rosters. Makes the heads explode of the ignorant element that think East TN is nothing but shoeless, dentally challenged hillbillies that don’t tolerate them outsiders.
I don't know about all that. Our fans might not be hillbillies, but we have some ignorant fools that make everyone else look bad.

Last edited:
It really is amazing that UT only has gotten a commitment from Edwards at this point given how many prospects they were in on.
So far recruiting has been a complete failure for 2022 class. I’m guessing it’s due to the fact that CRB doesn’t want to “ participate “ in NIL deals like the KY, Dukes, UNC’s of CBB. This will be his downfall because he has basically missed on every target he had for 2022.

Reactions: VolNash17
So far recruiting has been a complete failure for 2022 class. I’m guessing it’s due to the fact that CRB doesn’t want to “ participate “ in NIL deals like the KY, Dukes, UNC’s of CBB. This will be his downfall because he has basically missed on every target he had for 2022.
I’m disappointed we missed on some of these guys but can’t really call it a complete failure. We really only had a couple of open scholarships due to the 21 class being so big. We have a 4 star pg commited. As we learned last year with the addition of ZZZ and Aidoo we may not be done yet. Barnes has raised the bar very high if folks want to call this a complete failure.

This will be another swing and a miss for you, that list keeps getting longer.

Yeah, but let’s give it at least a couple weeks since the last time we made it rain garbage in Neyland before we start acting smug about how cultured we can be.

Suggesting that all them fellers round these parts ain’t everyone bahrfoot, without toofbrushes, and ain’t hatin’ on forenures is acting smug and cultured?

Suggesting that all them fellers round these parts ain’t everyone bahrfoot, without toofbrushes, and ain’t hatin’ on forenures is acting smug and cultured?

Disagreeing with “Our fans might not be hillbillies, but we have some ignorant fools that make everyone else look bad.” Is probably a little premature at this point seeing as how recently some of those ignorant fools made everyone else look bad.

Disagreeing with “Our fans might not be hillbillies, but we have some ignorant fools that make everyone else look bad.” Is probably a little premature at this point seeing as how recently some of those ignorant fools made everyone else look bad.

Pointing out that there are ignorant fools everywhere ain’t disagreeing that some are here. They’re all about, not exclusive to the area.

Pointing out that there are ignorant fools everywhere ain’t disagreeing that some are here. They’re all about, not exclusive to the area.
I suppose I took issue with the suggestion that we don’t have more than our fair share. Maybe we don’t, but ours were very recently very noisy.

I suppose I took issue with the suggestion that we don’t have more than our fair share. Maybe we don’t, but ours were very recently very noisy.

Having passionate fans react to ****** officiating, fainting players, and a douche nozzle, agitator former coach really doesn’t have much to do with virtue signaling wokesters not from around here bestowing racism and other ism labels on the TN fans.

Having passionate fans react to ****** officiating, fainting players, and a douche nozzle, agitator former coach really doesn’t have much to do with virtue signaling wokesters not from around here bestowing racism and other ism labels on the TN fans.

You can defend that ish if you want, but if you care about what the general perception around UT is (and you seem to or else you wouldn’t be arguing about this) you’d be better served telling your friends to knock it off next time. There might be plenty of idiots everywhere, but only here did that happen this year.

You can defend that ish if you want, but if you care about what the general perception around UT is (and you seem to or else you wouldn’t be arguing about this) you’d be better served telling your friends to knock it off next time. There might be plenty of idiots everywhere, but only here did that happen this year.

What does launching water bottles have to do with an international roster?

The absurdity of your "guesses" is only exceeded by the predictability...lol

It really is amazing that UT only has gotten a commitment from Edwards at this point given how many prospects they were in on.

We need to step up the NIL deals if we want to continue to land the highest level prospects. UK has deals with Porsche and we have Pals. Even if the monetary gain for the player is equal there’s a difference in prestige of the brands themselves. We can get there, and we have alumni who can help, but it’s a matter of making it happen.

Reactions: 1985Vols
We need to step up the NIL deals if we want to continue to land the highest level prospects. UK has deals with Porsche and we have Pals. Even if the monetary gain for the player is equal there’s a difference in prestige of the brands themselves. We can get there, and we have alumni who can help, but it’s a matter of making it happen.

Barnes just recently in an interview said he is not willing to lie to recruits about NIL deals. He made a comment about how he has heard what is being said to recruits and that those kids are going to leave once they see they're not making as much as promised. I don't think we should expect NIL to carry us if it's based on fudging the truth, Barnes ain't going to do that.

I'm fairly confident after 1-2 years pass and we start getting an accurate depiction of how much you can actually make, it's going to be far less of a factor.

Barnes just recently in an interview said he is not willing to lie to recruits about NIL deals. He made a comment about how he has heard what is being said to recruits and that those kids are going to leave once they see they're not making as much as promised. I don't think we should expect NIL to carry us if it's based on fudging the truth, Barnes ain't going to do that.

I'm fairly confident after 1-2 years pass and we start getting an accurate depiction of how much you can actually make, it's going to be far less of a factor.

That’s good. We definitely shouldn’t mislead these kids, but as I understand it, the UTAD wasn’t quite ready for the NIL to begin and that set us back. I think we can do more but we’re still in the infancy of all this.

VN Store

Back