2022 Target List

At this point do you have to weigh guys like this vs what you could get in the portal?
I know we haven't landed any of them but the staff's evaluations have been amazing this class so hoping that's the case here. Were the first ones on Ernest Udeh Jr, Yohan Traore, Justyn Fernandez, KyeRon Lindsay, Brandon Miller, Cason Wallace, Jalen Hood-Schifino. We did land BJ Edwards tho. I trust this staff's evaluations enough. But we are for sure going to have to go hard in the portal

I know we haven't landed any of them but the staff's evaluations have been amazing this class so hoping that's the case here. Were the first ones on Ernest Udeh Jr, Yohan Traore, Justyn Fernandez, KyeRon Lindsay, Brandon Miller, Cason Wallace, Jalen Hood-Schifino. We did land BJ Edwards tho. I trust this staff's evaluations enough. But we are for sure going to have to go hard in the portal
I’m not going to second guess them, I’m just saying in general the way the portal is nowadays it has to be a consideration

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
At this point do you have to weigh guys like this vs what you could get in the portal?
I think ideally it will be a last resort for this staff, they aren’t trying to go the Musselman route of building a team. Their preference will be to add guys they’ve recruited for awhile and who have all their eligibility, and then in spring after dust settles on NBA/Transfers if they need to look at the portal they will.

I think ideally it will be a last resort for this staff, they aren’t trying to go the Musselman route of building a team. Their preference will be to add guys they’ve recruited for awhile and who have all their eligibility, and then in spring after dust settles on NBA/Transfers if they need to look at the portal they will.
Idk why. Seems to work great for Musselman. I’d rather take a transfer for two years who I know can produce in D1 basketball than a project that sits on the bench for three years then transfers

Idk why. Seems to work great for Musselman. I’d rather take a transfer for two years who I know can produce in D1 basketball than a project that sits on the bench for three years then transfers
Different strokes for different folks…it works for Musselman, clearly he’s better at getting that to work than probably any other coach, same way that Cal is really good at getting all those 5 stars to play together, different methods to getting it done.

Interesting offer for a team with no open spots.
I think it’s clear they were ok with over signing by at least a spot or two for the right guy…obviously this guy doesn’t present much optimism on the surface but I will say that Tennessee has absolutely nailed evaluations this cycle…is this another case of them just being in early?

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
I think it’s clear they were ok with over signing by at least a spot or two for the right guy…obviously this guy doesn’t present much optimism on the surface but I will say that Tennessee has absolutely nailed evaluations this cycle…is this another case of them just being in early?
Perhaps so. He doesn't appear to be an elite athlete. Kind of reminds me of a middle class version of Chandler Jackson, honestly, in terms of body type.

Admiral weight 240. I know his high school profile says 210, but all you had to do is look at his photos and know he weighed a lot more than that. He was just a brute.

Yea he’s definitely leaner than Admiral, but has the same “bully ball” kind of mentality it seems…his measurable are actually pretty similar to JJJ but he looks thicker to me and his game a bit more physical, but admittedly not a ton out there.

In terms of NBA comp, his game reminds me more of Dwayne Wade, or kind of similar to a taller Springer from our squad last year.

VN Store

Back