2022 Recruits

Holly recruited Rae, Key, and Horton. Kellie lost Collins, Westbrook, and Green, and Middleton was on way out, then Salery left too, and whoever else might have signed. Face it, recruiting Kellie is a solid D-. As for whom Holly was recruiting, well, I imagine her sights and her hall would be way higher than what Kelly has brought it into years, but I do hope Kelly can turn the pages Good thing she got rid of the division two basketball assistant coaches she's beought, and finally realized she needed to bring an A game talent. This should have never happened in the first place You don't bring minor league coaches, to recruit for the big leagues, they don't know what they're doing, they don't have the contacts, that was a dumb idea first year dumb idea, first strike, strike two was last year, let's see what she strikes out this year with
Kellie hired who was willing to come to Knoxville at the time and based on the budget she was given. When she negotiated her contract last year, she was in a position to include a larger assistant coach budget.

SC, ConnU, Stanford, etc. oobviously hold the upper recruiting hand now because their coaches are safe bets to be in the running each year for a championship. That's true for everyone else, including UT. It isn't relevant for most of these recruits what used to be about Tennessee. If it is imperative to you that we are a perennial powerhouse, then you might want to consider this news: There are only two ways to get there: 1) Fire Kellie and try to attract one of those elite coaches to come here (good luck with that - VERY risky - what will happen to the program if none of them will come here?), or 2) stick with Kellie and see if she can solve the puzzle of how to attract Aliyah Boston without an SEC conference championship or a final four appearance to her name. I want what you want, and that's why I am opting for #2 and supporting her as much as I can. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. If it makes sense to you to opt for # 1 then good luck with that because it ain't gonna happen unless she runs the program into the ground, and there's no sign of that happening. And if uyou think complaining about it is gonna make a difference, then go ahead and complain all you can. When you boil it all down, you are basically complaining that Fulmer hired Kellie and not Dawn Staley. And it is pointless imho to complain about that spilled milk.

Seriously, I kn we're just talking... To get there quickly, I said it from beginning, ( Kara or Candace). I GO FOR CANDACE PARKER anyday. Some fans said she never put her name, same as they said about Kara that she never wants to coach. Offer CANDACE and see how quickly she say yes on ESPN and immediately, I guarantee u her saying yes on ESPN she get top recruit immediately and may win championship her first year. Kids nowadays are not kids 1990. This is 2021 and kids go after who they know in the spot light. Legend coach will be hard to get and it will cost lots of cash. Kara & Candace are Legends kids know well especially CANDACE because she's still playing and a star both Basketball & ESPN and because she loves Lady vols crazy, any offer she'll say yes.. I don't even kn Kellie untill her name came up as coach for lady vols, and my question was if I don't know her I don't think she's that popular. Look at Kim M.. She just came to LSU and most recruits are considering LSU all of a sudden. Everyone kept saying Coach Sam is great, oh yes her and Joy are great and popular but main key is the head coach that's wat makes recruits go there 90% of the time. If Dawn fire all her assistants or Geno, do u think recruits will stop going there, certainly no!!! They're going there because of popular head coaches. Sam was great at Louisville because they have top coach. I don't know why fans doesn't see that. Look at Duke men's team.. All the recruits are pulling out their names from Duke because Coach K is not coming back. Kellie is doing great believe Mr, but to ever fight and win recruits against Uconn,Stanford, S.C, LSU & Maryland lady vols has to have a Top popular coach that kids knows. If not we'll be circling around in the 25 Rank and will never reach Top 3 Rank or Final 4.... I love Kellie and pray that she makes it but it's going to be a miracle for a #1 or #2 recruits to leave these well known head coaches to come to lady vols. If TN Athletic Director was smart enough after Holly, he would've gone for a high top known name out there and won't even spend millions.

I’m saying that teams in the top 15 will be competitive, including the Lady Vols. If you think you already know who will win a game, why play it? There are MANY variables and circumstances that dictate wins. Play a game more than once, and the results will most likely be different. (See Josh Heupel’s presser comments from earlier this week).
Oh I totally agree they are a top 15 team. I think they will have a good season. My point was they aren't going to be in the same conversation as the nation's most elite reams (top 4 teams), but will certainly compete as a top 25 team.

This. Tennessee beat South Carolina last season because Davis absolutely took over in the second half and was the best player on the court. When Davis faded down the stretch of the season, the rematch against USC was... less competitive.

Not only is South Carolina deeper this season, but the Lady Vols no longer have Davis to bail them out as she did so often. With Kellie unable to bring in players, that gap is only widening...
Every post includes slamming Kellie’s recruiting. It doesn’t matter the topic. He’s worried Kellie and this team are about to prove him wrong. Not that he will be capable of admitting it.

Holly recruited Rae, Key, and Horton. Kellie lost Collins, Westbrook, and Green, and Middleton was on way out, then Salery left too, and whoever else might have signed. Face it, recruiting Kellie is a solid D-. As for whom Holly was recruiting, well, I imagine her sights and her hall would be way higher than what Kelly has brought it into years, but I do hope Kelly can turn the pages Good thing she got rid of the division two basketball assistant coaches she's beought, and finally realized she needed to bring an A game talent. This should have never happened in the first place You don't bring minor league coaches, to recruit for the big leagues, they don't know what they're doing, they don't have the contacts, that was a dumb idea first year dumb idea, first strike, strike two was last year, let's see what she strikes out this year with
Any possibility that as you insult our coach and players you could get their names correct?

Sam was great at Louisville because they have top coach. I don't know why fans doesn't see that. Look at Duke men's team.. All the recruits are pulling out their names from Duke because Coach K is not coming back.
Uh... Duke has the #1 class for 2022. They have the #1, #4, #7 and #55 players. For the 2023 class they already have the #9 player committed. You may need a different example

Seriously, I kn we're just talking... To get there quickly, I said it from beginning, ( Kara or Candace). I GO FOR CANDACE PARKER anyday. Some fans said she never put her name, same as they said about Kara that she never wants to coach. Offer CANDACE and see how quickly she say yes on ESPN and immediately, I guarantee u her saying yes on ESPN she get top recruit immediately and may win championship her first year. Kids nowadays are not kids 1990. This is 2021 and kids go after who they know in the spot light. Legend coach will be hard to get and it will cost lots of cash. Kara & Candace are Legends kids know well especially CANDACE because she's still playing and a star both Basketball & ESPN and because she loves Lady vols crazy, any offer she'll say yes.. I don't even kn Kellie untill her name came up as coach for lady vols, and my question was if I don't know her I don't think she's that popular. Look at Kim M.. She just came to LSU and most recruits are considering LSU all of a sudden. Everyone kept saying Coach Sam is great, oh yes her and Joy are great and popular but main key is the head coach that's wat makes recruits go there 90% of the time. If Dawn fire all her assistants or Geno, do u think recruits will stop going there, certainly no!!! They're going there because of popular head coaches. Sam was great at Louisville because they have top coach. I don't know why fans doesn't see that. Look at Duke men's team.. All the recruits are pulling out their names from Duke because Coach K is not coming back. Kellie is doing great believe Mr, but to ever fight and win recruits against Uconn,Stanford, S.C, LSU & Maryland lady vols has to have a Top popular coach that kids knows. If not we'll be circling around in the 25 Rank and will never reach Top 3 Rank or Final 4.... I love Kellie and pray that she makes it but it's going to be a miracle for a #1 or #2 recruits to leave these well known head coaches to come to lady vols. If TN Athletic Director was smart enough after Holly, he would've gone for a high top known name out there and won't even spend millions.
Coach K announced his retirement on June 2, 2021.
Duke has commitments from 3 of the top 10 rated players in the 2022 class. All of whom committed after June 2.
Do facts matter to you at all ?

I don't even kn Kellie untill her name came up as coach for lady vols, and my question was if I don't know her I don't think she's that popular.

How are you a Lady Vols fan and you didn’t even know the point guard who helped us win 3 titles in a row? It would be a good idea to learn the past greats of any team you claim to follow.

That’s really the only part of your post I wanted to address. I’m happy Kellie focuses on teaching our players the history of the program because I would hate for them to appear uninformed in public. Yikes.

Every post includes slamming Kellie’s recruiting. It doesn’t matter the topic. He’s worried Kellie and this team are about to prove him wrong. Not that he will be capable of admitting it.

Lucy, the first seasonal shot has not even been taken and some of these supposedly Lady Vols fans are already calling our team and coach losers.....The hell with em...
troll-movie-poster.jpg

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. Irrelevant Whining. Water over the dam. Spilled Milk. Done Deal.

Reactions: LadyOrange
Five-star guard Kaiya Wynn announced her commitment to the Lady Vols on Thursday in a social media post on Twitter. Wynn is ranked as the No. 23 overall player in the country and the top-ranked player in the state of Tennessee in ESPN’s 2021 HoopGurlz rankings. Wynn is the ninth-ranked guard in those ratings as well.

This was where Wynn was with ESPN until they changed to Premier. When they took over she totally left the top 100 for a while then was put back in at 62. This is why I don't think much of the system they have going over there now. Some of the highest ranked players in their final 2021 didn't play a minute for their teams yesterday. I wouldn't expect any freshman to replace a starter, but you would think some highly rated in the top ten could get 5 to 10 minutes on the court.

Some of the highest ranked players in their final 2021 didn't play a minute for their teams yesterday. I wouldn't expect any freshman to replace a starter, but you would think some highly rated in the top ten could get 5 to 10 minutes on the court.

Every recruiting site had Rivers, Johnson and Feagin in their top 10, not just Premier. SC also has the luxury of not needing them to play a major role night in, night out. Opening day game on the road vs. a top 5 team returning the core that beat you at your place the previous year is probably not the time to test the waters with newcomers when you have elite veterans you can count on. The game was too close and Henderson/Cooke were playing far too well to risk momentum by throwing inexperienced players on the court no matter how highly touted they were. I suspect they'll be seeing much more court time outside of the early top 5 OOC matchups.

Or a thread where it’s only rainbows, sugar, spice and everything nice?

would be nice! speaking of sugar, spice, and everything nice how's Rutgers faring ? You are a Rutgers fan right? I get so confused so many on here claim to be fans.

I hope asking about YOUR team isn't too "vitriol" is it?

Reactions: LadyVol1908
would be nice! speaking of sugar, spice, and everything nice how's Rutgers faring ? You are a Rutgers fan right? I get so confused so many on here claim to be fans.

I hope asking about YOUR team isn't too "vitriol" is it?
Well, this is a Lady Vols board so I try to stick to that topic. You might have heard that C Viv is not coaching again this season.

I’d like to think you care how RU is doing but I just dont think you do.

I was just having fun with the rainbow post.

Well, this is a Lady Vols board so I try to stick to that topic. You might have heard that C Viv is not coaching again this season.

I’d like to think you care how RU is doing but I just dont think you do.

I was just having fun with the rainbow post.

I actually do care about C. Vivian Stringer because I loved that groundwork she laid for others that look like her to follow! If you go back i'm sure I have been more than complimentary towards her in some previous posts as I have Dawn! Stringer is also a genuine coach who loved Pat just didn't say it she showed it. As a black person (any person can admire the person she is) i admire Stringer and all she has had to overcome not just being a major player as a predominate black female but also her family struggles.

So nice try ... But she has nothing but my respect and i would hate to see anything she built crumble.

Now, For you i don't think you give a damn if what Pat built crumbles to the ground. You have shown that repeatedly in your remarks (and no i'm not a snowflake). Also, we will leave out your cultural insensitivity that Ive called you out on before and you blamed on your age! Nice try though!

Oh and back to what this thread is about...

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangeVol and Lucy
I just joined this group not too long ago I'm not a troll but I do worry about Kellie recruiting players to TN but I will take the wait and see approach maybe she can do it. I really hope so

Coach K's got the university, name, place and resume,,,now she just has to show she can succeed in one more opportunity,,,WINS = recognition, respect and recruits

VN Store

Back