2022 Recruits

We had Rennia last year to board and takeover in the 4th. I love Rae but sheā€™s yet to show me Rennia Davis takeover ability yet . Hoping she proves me wrong though!

We had Rennia last year to board and takeover in the 4th. I love Rae but sheā€™s yet to show me Rennia Davis takeover ability yet . Hoping she proves me wrong though!

This. Tennessee beat South Carolina last season because Davis absolutely took over in the second half and was the best player on the court. When Davis faded down the stretch of the season, the rematch against USC was... less competitive.

Not only is South Carolina deeper this season, but the Lady Vols no longer have Davis to bail them out as she did so often. With Kellie unable to bring in players, that gap is only widening...

Guys, I like this girl more than some of the girls that passed us by....She shoots a nice 3 ball...The 3 ball is everything....Dare I dream?
Art+of+Dreaming.jpg

which one, kemosabe

Posters keep posting to what I said so I post an answer. You can believe what you want to maybe you got that out of the post and answers I gave to post. I would like to know what the other markers are with seven returning players that you think will keep us at the top of the SEC that would be information I would like to have. How do you think she is going to fill the gaps of graduated players in 2023? Transfers or recruits only two ways to get them and she has to do one or the other. Second evidently some are having problems understanding or they would ignore the post and move on.
After reading so many of your posts, you remind me of a fellow I know. He never has a good thing to say about anything in his life. The people we know he thinks are losers, the pastor at our church is a hypocrite, the teacher of his kids are mean to them. There is hardly a positive remark that comes out of his mouth. You must have a lot of friends. I used to watch Winnie the Pooh shows with my two children when they were pre-school. You remind me very much of Eorye, the donkey.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
After reading so many of your posts, you remind me of a fellow I know. He never has a good thing to say about anything in his life. The people we know he thinks are losers, the pastor at our church is a hypocrite, the teacher of his kids are mean to them. There is hardly a positive remark that comes out of his mouth. You must have a lot of friends. I used to watch Winnie the Pooh shows with my two children when they were pre-school. You remind me very much of Eorye, the donkey.

Hi Allen, I think you may have Volfan2012 all wrong. Heā€™s just very serious about Womenā€™s Basketball, especially the Lady Vols, and can get impatient about the way he views our progress sometimes. I earlier complained about his complaining, and you know what he did? He ā€œlikedā€ my post. Only a good guy can do that.

We have in my opinion some real stinkers on this board, but heā€™s not one.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

This. Tennessee beat South Carolina last season because Davis absolutely took over in the second half and was the best player on the court. When Davis faded down the stretch of the season, the rematch against USC was... less competitive.

Not only is South Carolina deeper this season, but the Lady Vols no longer have Davis to bail them out as she did so often. With Kellie unable to bring in players, that gap is only widening...

The season hasn't even started yet, but we're being told that we're doomed in close games because there is no one on the team who can carry us in the 4th quarter, and that Kellie is "unable to bring in players."

This team has senior Burrell, senior Dye (whom we didn't have last season - too bad Kellie wasn't able to bring her in - ahem), and a much more mature person and game in Horston. Who's to say none of them can step up like Rennia did last year late in tough games? And who is to say that such a thing will even be needed with the balanced scoring firepower of those three?

And if it's true that Kellie hasn't been able to bring in players, how come we have 10 players on this team that Holly did not recruit?

Holly recruited Rae, Key, and Horton. Kellie lost Collins, Westbrook, and Green, and Middleton was on way out, then Salery left too, and whoever else might have signed. Face it, recruiting Kellie is a solid D-. As for whom Holly was recruiting, well, I imagine her sights and her hall would be way higher than what Kelly has brought it into years, but I do hope Kelly can turn the pages Good thing she got rid of the division two basketball assistant coaches she's beought, and finally realized she needed to bring an A game talent. This should have never happened in the first place You don't bring minor league coaches, to recruit for the big leagues, they don't know what they're doing, they don't have the contacts, that was a dumb idea first year dumb idea, first strike, strike two was last year, let's see what she strikes out this year with

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinVol16
Rae Burrell On Three Player Of The Year Preseason Watch Lists - University of Tennessee Athletics

Well some people think Raeā€™s going to be ā€œeliteā€ this year, including me. She absolutely can take over a game, she actually scored more points than Rennia last year, and Iā€™m going to enjoy every minute of it. Sheā€™s going to have help and itā€™s going to be a team effort. Near the basket will be Tamari, Alexus, Keyen, Sara, and Karoline, all of whom can score as well as rebound. Horston and Walker and Tess have all upped their game, and Miles and Wynn bring speed, and are just beginning to show us what they can do.

Kellie is giving the Freshmen lots of minutes to get them ready for SEC games, and they already show so much promise.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Holly and staff were probably if not the second or the third best recruiting staff in America bar none. I put UConn ahead, in some years Baylor out of your Stanford but overall in all I'd put them second every year Holly was there period. And no matter the outcome they had it didn't stop her from being the top of her game recruiting. Now Kelly got left a damn good roster and she's done a little to show any more than what Holly did if anything more than what Holly did we'll see what she does now with her players and what's left that Holly left her which is three really damn good players. If she had been a better coach herself Kelly might have been able to keep Collins, could have kept green out of trouble and in the university, and no reason to ever have lost salary she should have gotten more playing time right from the start. Westbrook was on her way out no matter what but I wonder how hard Kelly even tried to keep her. We'll see what she can do, so far I haven't seen much development of any of her players that she recruited. Horton has not gotten any better than her first year in my opinion her offensive skills have if anything deteriorated, key has gotten better but key was a top 10 player in America when she got her and where she at now is still not first team all SEC, Kelly had two years with Kassi, nothing imported. Burrell was always a superstar ready to break out we saw that her first year and it just kept growing I don't even think even bad coaching could have kept her from being the star she's going to be. She plays around tempo and it shows and that also shows lack of coaching on Kelly's part but the other team cannot play at the same tempo she does, and at points it's reasons we lose games

Holly and staff were probably if not the second or the third best recruiting staff in America bar none. I put UConn ahead, in some years Baylor out of your Stanford but overall in all I'd put them second every year Holly was there period. And no matter the outcome they had it didn't stop her from being the top of her game recruiting. Now Kelly got left a damn good roster and she's done a little to show any more than what Holly did if anything more than what Holly did we'll see what she does now with her players and what's left that Holly left her which is three really damn good players. If she had been a better coach herself Kelly might have been able to keep Collins, could have kept green out of trouble and in the university, and no reason to ever have lost salary she should have gotten more playing time right from the start. Westbrook was on her way out no matter what but I wonder how hard Kelly even tried to keep her. We'll see what she can do, so far I haven't seen much development of any of her players that she recruited. Horton has not gotten any better than her first year in my opinion her offensive skills have if anything deteriorated, key has gotten better but key was a top 10 player in America when she got her and where she at now is still not first team all SEC, Kelly had two years with Kassi, nothing imported. Burrell was always a superstar ready to break out we saw that her first year and it just kept growing I don't even think even bad coaching could have kept her from being the star she's going to be. She plays around tempo and it shows and that also shows lack of coaching on Kelly's part but the other team cannot play at the same tempo she does, and at points it's reasons we lose games

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ˜ƒšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜‚

Holly recruited Rae, Key, and Horton. Kellie lost Collins, Westbrook, and Green, and Middleton was on way out, then Salery left too, and whoever else might have signed. Face it, recruiting Kellie is a solid D-. As for whom Holly was recruiting, well, I imagine her sights and her hall would be way higher than what Kelly has brought it into years, but I do hope Kelly can turn the pages Good thing she got rid of the division two basketball assistant coaches she's beought, and finally realized she needed to bring an A game talent. This should have never happened in the first place You don't bring minor league coaches, to recruit for the big leagues, they don't know what they're doing, they don't have the contacts, that was a dumb idea first year dumb idea, first strike, strike two was last year, let's see what she strikes out this year with

Thanks for weighing in again, Holly.

And I think we can do it again. If anyone gets them in the SEC this season itā€™ll be us or LSU. Those, in my eyes, are the only teams that have the interior size to match them on the boards and defensively.

Everyone else will get crushed on the boards and in the paint.
I wouldn't count Georgia or Ole Miss out quite yet. If ole miss plays defense like they did last year with their added depth, they cannot be counted out of any game. Angel Baker and Lashonda Monk added to what they had (Reid and johnson) make this team very dangerous when you add them with Shakira Austin and some decent wings (Madison Scott and Snudda Collins) Scott was an ESPN top 20 recruit. Illyana Kitchens is another big body that was improving tremendously last year. Too many people are sleeping on Ole Miss.

Reactions: Peas29
$10 if you can say something positive about the job Kellie has done so faršŸ˜‚

really.gifAnother person that doesn't have a clue hates to hear the truth about anything and thus results to calling names and acting like the real world doesn't exist. You don't have to read or accept any post or result I write skippy. If you don't like it move on because nothing said is not actual analysis of the situation as it exists. You really need to be someone with the ability of reading comprehension to understand posts before you decide to make one of your 259 comments.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back