2022 Recruits

Yeah, I would say that if that was the recruiting class for South Carolina their fans would be unhappy. You can pump up these players all you want, but to get back to where Tennessee should be, you have to recruit a totally different type of player. There are no Aliyah Boston’s wanting to come here. Ziyah Cooke didn’t want to come here…she at least considered us, but wanted to compete for a championship. What recruit have we gone up against a heavyweight program for and got the commitment since Kellie got here? Whatever she is doing…do something else. Tell everyone who you want or something. This secretive strategy isn’t helping at all. We can’t even get any big names to come here in the portal. What Power 5 players are wanting to transfer in here?

I do get that on this board, we are supposed to just be happy all the time and not be “negative”. I’m calling it as I see it. If I was a fan of another team looking in on our program I wouldn’t be worried. We aren’t bringing in any stars and our fans are content with being marginal. We are the most storied program in all of Women’s Basketball! It’s laughable that we ever got to this point and we should have higher standards for our program.

SC, ConnU, Stanford, etc. oobviously hold the upper recruiting hand now because their coaches are safe bets to be in the running each year for a championship. That's true for everyone else, including UT. It isn't relevant for most of these recruits what used to be about Tennessee. If it is imperative to you that we are a perennial powerhouse, then you might want to consider this news: There are only two ways to get there: 1) Fire Kellie and try to attract one of those elite coaches to come here (good luck with that - VERY risky - what will happen to the program if none of them will come here?), or 2) stick with Kellie and see if she can solve the puzzle of how to attract Aliyah Boston without an SEC conference championship or a final four appearance to her name. I want what you want, and that's why I am opting for #2 and supporting her as much as I can. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. If it makes sense to you to opt for # 1 then good luck with that because it ain't gonna happen unless she runs the program into the ground, and there's no sign of that happening. And if uyou think complaining about it is gonna make a difference, then go ahead and complain all you can. When you boil it all down, you are basically complaining that Fulmer hired Kellie and not Dawn Staley. And it is pointless imho to complain about that spilled milk.

Ehhh! You don’t come to play for the assistant coaches at the end of the day, the end all, be all is the head coach. They’re the closers.

Yes they do but i`m talking about assistant coach to go along with the head coach to help with the recruiting. player do build relationship with assistant coaches to

And this team would win the Missouri Valley Conference hands down.

They're preseason picked to finish 2nd in the SEC. Not bad in her third season as she tries to build the program, but not good enough for you. If so, I suggest respectfully that the best thing for you to do is root for the Yankees and UConn and Tom Brady every year and your miseries will be over.

They're preseason picked to finish 2nd in the SEC. Not bad in her third season as she tries to build the program, but not good enough for you. If so, I suggest respectfully that the best thing for you to do is root for the Yankees and UConn and Tom Brady every year and your miseries will be over.

Maybe not UConn, even with a roster always full of “elite” top rated recruits, their last National Championship was in 2016.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
SC, ConnU, Stanford, etc. oobviously hold the upper recruiting hand now because their coaches are safe bets to be in the running each year for a championship. That's true for everyone else, including UT. It isn't relevant for most of these recruits what used to be about Tennessee. If it is imperative to you that we are a perennial powerhouse, then you might want to consider this news: There are only two ways to get there: 1) Fire Kellie and try to attract one of those elite coaches to come here (good luck with that - VERY risky - what will happen to the program if none of them will come here?), or 2) stick with Kellie and see if she can solve the puzzle of how to attract Aliyah Boston without an SEC conference championship or a final four appearance to her name. I want what you want, and that's why I am opting for #2 and supporting her as much as I can. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. If it makes sense to you to opt for # 1 then good luck with that because it ain't gonna happen unless she runs the program into the ground, and there's no sign of that happening. And if uyou think complaining about it is gonna make a difference, then go ahead and complain all you can. When you boil it all down, you are basically complaining that Fulmer hired Kellie and not Dawn Staley. And it is pointless imho to complain about that spilled milk.

The Coaches you mention just have a head start, that’s all. Geno and Tara were born in 1953 and 1954. Staley is 7 years older than Kellie, and has many achievements on her resume, but won no National Championships in college. She was hired at SC in 2008, we won the National Championship that year and obviously weren’t hiring. By 2018-2019, when we were hiring, she was ensconced at SC, and winning with her recruited players.

Kellie is just starting her third year as Tennessee’s Head Coach, still building her team, yet beat SC last year, and no one this year, including UConn and Stanford and SC will overlook Tennessee as a guaranteed win.

Nope, not interested in any other Coach, Kellie gaining respect already, all over the country.

#Vols hoops coach Rick Barnes: The transfer portal being as big as it is shows you that a lot of coaches at a lot of places are making promises they can’t back up in recruiting. We focus on the big picture here … and we tell the truth.
Interesting statement by Barnes as I think this is happening in the women's game as well and is the reason we'll see another 1000 in the portal after this season.

Tennessee hasn't won since 2008 and that is not relevant. What is relevant is that top coaches have their teams in the mix every year. Tennessee needs to land a star player. They need another Parker or Holdsclaw to them back among the top programs.

So you're saying the titles that PAT SUMMITT won aren't relevant. Why don't you go try telling a fan base that didn't lose their coach to a horrible disease their titles aren't relevant.

Furthermore weren't the uconn poster that stoked the whole "thug" thing that had to be deleted? So the only thing not relevant around here are your unwanted and unnecessary racist comments.

Tennessee hasn't won since 2008 and that is not relevant. What is relevant is that top coaches have their teams in the mix every year. Tennessee needs to land a star player. They need another Parker or Holdsclaw to them back among the top programs.

200w.gif

...and take those idiot chicken fans with you.

So you're saying the titles that PAT SUMMITT won aren't relevant. Why don't you go try telling a fan base that didn't lose their coach to a horrible disease their titles aren't relevant.

Furthermore weren't the uconn poster that stoked the whole "thug" thing that had to be deleted? So the only thing not relevant around here are your unwanted and unnecessary racist comments.

He was that poster. He likes to come in and stir the pot trying to get the fan base riled up so he can have a good laugh. I had the jerk on ignore but when you talked about Pats titles and relevancy, I had to check who would be so stupid to say something like that. I thought it was Darth or one of his chicken buddies but I have to admit, I was not surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfan__18
Then why did Oldacre commit to Miami they are never going to sniff a Championship. That could also be said for several of the top 25 players commits this season and last. I don't know why players commit like they do, but it seems to be for other reasons than championships because there are to many committing to teams that are almost certain never to win one.
What part of most didn’t you understand? Key won’t win one either at NC but she obviously wanted to play for the home team. Connections with the environment plays a part as well and not just the School.

I agree that no recruit should be taken for granted, even an in-state recruit. With that being said, I believe we are in a good position for Harrison. Nevertheless, the LVs coaching staff needs to continue to go hard for Harrison. As I stated in previous posts, the LVs primary targets for the Class of 2023 should be McGhee, Shade, and Del Rosario. With not getting a PG in the Class of 2022, Harrison also should be a primary target.
I agree with you on that. I was just simply stating we might have to really work for it. I played against that school and the fan base is mostly pro Vols so that helps.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
And yet, after 14 years as head coach, and even though he never was head coach at a mid-major, and even though he inherited an ncaa tourney ready P-5 program in very good condition as his first HC gig, and with all that talent and all that support from his University and fans over all those years, he can't win the big one. That's OK, though, you can keep drooling over him all you want.

(See, there's a glass half empty scenario wherever one tries to find one)
With the talent he has had during his tenure he should’ve won the big one by now! He reminds me of Goestenkors, get a lot of talent and still can’t get the job done.

And yet, after 14 years as head coach, and even though he never was head coach at a mid-major, and even though he inherited an ncaa tourney ready P-5 program in very good condition as his first HC gig, and with all that talent and all that support from his University and fans over all those years, he can't win the big one. That's OK, though, you can keep drooling over him all you want.

(See, there's a glass half empty scenario wherever one tries to find one)

Yep, not the standard for WBB. He's had teams absolutely loaded and didn't make the Final 4. There's a reason he never stood a chance of getting the LV job.

Better than 98%??? What genius said that?

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Have you been reading this thread. The only coaches that are "better" than Kellie in either coaching and recruiting are Geno, Tara, Dawn and maybe Kim and you might get some pushback from a posters on those four. She's on par or equal to Walz, Vic, and Kelly Graves from Oregon because they have never won a title and some of them have had some down years in recruiting.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
May not be useful but is highly accurate as to what the situation will be if we fail with the 2023 recruiting class. I don't like to say it, but reality is reality. If the coaching staff is not thinking of it as a must get ready for SEC bottom of league so they have to get out and either get transfers or 2023 top recruits no way to state it any other way. I mean if you willing to accept going to the middle or further down in the SEC no problem. I doubt most fans would accept that in year four of a coaching reign. Not trying to be negative just stating a fact that is absolutely true.
Maybe, just maybe, we should look long term!

VN Store

Back