2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Aqib Talib's bro is wanted for killing a coach at a youth football game.

"the dispute began when [the coach] went to pick up a football and someone kicked it away."

Aqib Talib's bro is wanted for killing a coach at a youth football game.

"the dispute began when [the coach] went to pick up a football and someone kicked it away."
There's a video. You can hear the gunshots in the background.

There's a video. You can hear the gunshots in the background.
Most of it’s grass as the recorder obviously takes cover. That South Dallas youth football scene has always been testy and volatile. Lot of violent types living vicariously through the kids. The victim was a giant in reputation and a great overall guy. Met him at a football clinic in our building.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Most of it’s grass as the recorder obviously takes cover. That South Dallas youth football scene has always been testy and volatile. Lot of violent types living vicariously through the kids. The victim was a giant in reputation and a great overall guy. Met him at a football clinic in our building.

Is this Oak Cliff, or where is it?

Wtf. At least with Kyler you have some serious upside. Lamar has probably already peaked. His QBR dropped off bad the last 2 years.

How do the Bucs (the division winner) have the 7th easiest SOS and the Falcons have the 23rd? And the Bucs have one of the best rest advantages in the league. I swear, Tom Brady captured a leprechaun. This dude's luck never runs out. Pencil them in for 2 home playoff games.

How do the Bucs (the division winner) have the 7th easiest SOS and the Falcons have the 23rd? And the Bucs have one of the best rest advantages in the league. I swear, Tom Brady captured a leprechaun. This dude's luck never runs out. Pencil them in for 2 home playoff games.
He had great timing as far as changing divisions too. The Bills are really good now and would be a big challenge for him if he was still there, and the Saints are trash and in complete rebuilding mode after having been good for a while.

He is the GOAT, but he's also the luckiest player in the history of professional sports. Amazing. If you remove the SBs he's won with the really fortuitous breaks, he's still got 4 of them, which would tie him for the best ever. And he also lost a SB with a break going the other way.

Reactions: n_huffhines
He had great timing as far as changing divisions too. The Bills are really good now and would be a big challenge for him if he was still there, and the Saints are trash and in complete rebuilding mode after having been good for a while.

He is the GOAT, but he's also the luckiest player in the history of professional sports. Amazing. If you remove the SBs he's won with the really fortuitous breaks, he's still got 4 of them, which would tie him for the best ever. And he also lost a SB with a break going the other way.

He made his own luck by always being in the mix but it was also partly luck that he was always in the mix, LOL.

Reactions: 05_never_again

That is bizarre given they are in the same division. I guess it is because good teams last year (that TB drew) are falling off this year as an expectation and vice versa for ATL?

Disclaimer: I didn't fact check any of your analysis or the schedules.

That is bizarre given they are in the same division. I guess it is because good teams last year (that TB drew) are falling off this year as an expectation and vice versa for ATL?

Disclaimer: I didn't fact check any of your analysis or the schedules.

Yeah, I think you are right and that also part of it is TB gets to play ATL 2x and ATL is burdened with playing TB 2x, but that doesn't explain a difference of 16 spots. I think your explanation takes care of the rest.

Russell Wilson gets 5-year x $245m extension locking him down thru 2028. With only $165M guaranteed, to Denver it's more like a 3-year extension with the option to keep him 5. I assume it's backloaded that way the cap hit isn't big while he's still in his prime. Broncos won't mind eating the big cap hit if/when we are ready to cut him because we'll be rebuilding.

I think he's only a $27m-$28m cap hit these last 2 years of his old contract.

VN Store

Back