2022 NFL Offseason Thread

Even at practice? Isn’t that where he is?

Yeah, I don't think people wear game jerseys ever, unless they are making a public appearance on behalf of the team or are playing in a game.

I was laughing because I saw a Def Leppard video the other day where the front man was wearing their own band shirt.

Yeah, I don't think people wear game jerseys ever, unless they are making a public appearance on behalf of the team or are playing in a game.

I was laughing because I saw a Def Leppard video the other day where the front man was wearing their own band shirt.

When Jason Newsted was the bassist for Metallica, he'd wear a Metallica shirt every show.

WTF are you talking about?

He was on a team. He didn't play. He wasn't a free agent last year or even this offseason. He got traded and signed an extension. You can call it whatever you want, but he has 17 games as time served already and you won't see any soap box people on TV mention this. I would have given him a year suspension this year, but I also admit that IDK what is just and I'm not going to bury the fact that he missed 17 games already.

That’s absolutely hilarious since he got paid for every single dime of last year AND the only reason Houston held him out was to tank and make sure he didn’t get hurt.

That’s absolutely hilarious since he got paid for every single dime of last year AND the only reason Houston held him out was to tank and make sure he didn’t get hurt.

He still didn't play tho. The only reason he got paid was to protect the investment, like you said. But I assume he wants to play, get accolades, chase records, possibly earn performance incentives, and move past this. I'm just saying that missing 17 games is a significant enough punishment to be mentioned with the 6-game suspension going forward. This is one of the biggest punishments we've ever seen. 23 missed games, 6 without pay.

He still didn't play tho. The only reason he got paid was to protect the investment, like you said. But I assume he wants to play, get accolades, chase records, possibly earn performance incentives, and move past this. I'm just saying that missing 17 games is a significant enough punishment to be mentioned with the 6-game suspension going forward. This is one of the biggest punishments we've ever seen. 23 missed games, 6 without pay.

I agree with Z. Last year was not punishment. 6 games is all it is. Plenty have gotten worse.

Do you not consider time served as punishment?

Not really. He was being paid.

Yes if they were withholding pay until a determination was made. That wasn’t the case here, and not playing seemed mutually agreeable to both him and the team.

He did not get punished. He got to rest his body, not take hits, he got paid every cent. Got to use team facilities. Not only that, the decision to withhold him HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAWSUITS. If the Texans had the Colts or Titans roster, he would have played every game. Houston wanted to tank, Watson didn’t want to play for a ****** team/wanted to traded and he got the full benefits of an NFL player while being held out. Don’t be obtuse.

@n_huffhines

images

Reactions: n_huffhines
He did not get punished. He got to rest his body, not take hits, he got paid every cent. Got to use team facilities. Not only that, the decision to withhold him HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAWSUITS. If the Texans had the Colts or Titans roster, he would have played every game. Houston wanted to tank, Watson didn’t want to play for a ****** team/wanted to traded and he got the full benefits of an NFL player while being held out. Don’t be obtuse.

Knowing that Watson didn't want to play for the Texans takes the sting out of it, but the NFL literally disqualified him from playing. Suspended with pay is a punishment we see in other areas of life. It's not necessarily considered a strong one, but it is a punishment. We're just arguing semantics, and it's in all caps at this point.

Watching Brady in the 1999 Citrus Bowl on ESPNU. He must have weighed about 160 lbs. Not a muscle on him anywhere. Just as unathletic then as now. Except that arm was pretty darn accurate

VN Store

Back