2022 NFL Offseason Thread

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
If TB12 does retire and AR/Russ move to AFC teams, the NFC feels really weak at QB.

Stafford
K Murray?
Dak?

Rams may control the conference for a few years. While the AFC could become QB central. Some big ifs, though.

@n_huffhines thoughts?

Reactions: MAD
If TB12 does retire and AR/Russ move to AFC teams, the NFC feels really weak at QB.

Stafford
K Murray?
Dak?

Rams may control the conference for a few years. While the AFC could become QB central. Some big ifs, though.

@n_huffhines thoughts?

It doesn't make sense. I can't believe Rodgers wants in the AFC West, even if Wilson stays NFC. That division + the AFC in general is gross.

I find it hard to believe Brady wouldn't come back if the NFC becomes that wide open.

How about Brady to the 49ers?

It's not a good fit at all. Shanahan has his QB's running all around the backfield, half the time not facing downfield. Brady wants to sit back in the pocket and scan the field.

I think some underrated QB destinations include:

Philadelphia
Washington
Chicago

All NFC. All were solid teams this year with unsatisfactory QB play. All have cap space. Rodgers should go 49ers (but I want him in Denver). Wilson should go Chicago or Philly. I can't see Brady going to any one of these teams, and I can't picture him choosing the AFC path. Feels like Bucs or nothing.

I don't wanna say it's racism, but I can't for the life of me figure out why he got fired or why he hasn't been hired yet. Haven't even really heard his name come up much. Clash of personality? Cool. Do you want to win?

Brian Flores sues NFL, alleging racism in hiring practices

Pats are going to end up with him as DC and coach in waiting, and the Giants and Broncos are gonna find out if Dabol and Hackett are HC material.

It seems he is right that the Giants only interviewed him to satisfy the Rooney rule.

But Belichick allegedly apologizing and said that he had made mistakenly texted Flores and that the Giants were hiring Daboll as their next coach, even though Flores had yet to have his interview.

Flores should 100% have a head coaching job in the NFL right now. As far as his claims...

Flores insists this is proof he was only brought in for an interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule -- which requires teams to interview a minority candidate when a head coaching job opens up.

This strikes me as an accurate statement. It sucks, but you'll get outcomes like this if you're forced to interview at least one candidate of a specific subset.

Brian -- who says there's only 1 Black head coach (Mike Tomlin) and 6 GMs -- is suing on the behalf of all prospective Black coaches and front office employees.

Tomlin being the only black head coach is somewhat damning. 6 GMs, however, seems kind of high to be honest.

There's more ... Flores also accuses Dolphins owner Stephen Ross of offering to pay him $100K per loss -- in an effort to tank the season and get a better draft pick.

Eh, it feels like Flores should have quit while he was ahead. Why bother bringing this into your race-related lawsuit, especially if you want a team to hire you?

Reactions: Plecoptera
Flores should 100% have a head coaching job in the NFL right now. As far as his claims...

This strikes me as an accurate statement. It sucks, but you'll get outcomes like this if you're forced to interview at least one candidate of a specific subset.

Tomlin being the only black head coach is somewhat damning. 6 GMs, however, seems kind of high to be honest.

Eh, it feels like Flores should have quit while he was ahead. Why bother bringing this into your race-related lawsuit, especially if you want a team to hire you?

Yeah that last bit isn't something I would've put out there. That's bridge burning, toxically vindictive material.

That said, I hope he finds a job, and I really hope it's not in New England. Dude can coach.

Reactions: Plecoptera
I am glad to know about the incentivized tanking and I believe he can tie it into the discriminatory theme. "I'm the token black guy who was supposed to tank them through a rebuild. They tried to pay me for losses. They fired me for winning."

I mean, WTF. The optics are completely horrible, racism or not. That's a scandal without race involved.

Yeah that last bit isn't something I would've put out there. That's bridge burning, toxically vindictive material.

That said, I hope he finds a job, and I really hope it's not in New England. Dude can coach.

Suing your prospective employer probably isn't the best way to get a job. However, Flores shouldn't have been fired and deserves another chance somewhere.

VN Store

Back