2018 Midterm Election Thread

The votes at precincts would record who voted and when.

Trump and Scott need to take a chill pill.

200w.gif

So, you don't find it even mildly suspicious they keep having paper ballots "turn up" in this election?

C'mon, LG.

I filled out a paper ballot that had to go into a machine to be scanned and recorded before I left my polling place. How could there be “missing” ballots? How do ballots get “found”? You walk to the machine, you put your ballot in, you leave. If you tried to leave your ballot on the table someone would stop you. The machine scans and records all the votes. I don’t see how it could take days and things just appear.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I filled out a paper ballot that had to go into a machine to be scanned and recorded before I left my polling place. How could there be “missing” ballots? How do ballots get “found”? You walk to the machine, you put your ballot in, you leave. If you tried to leave your ballot on the table someone would stop you. The machine scans and records all the votes. I don’t see how it could take days and things just appear.
Bingo.

And? With her salary increase, is she now unable to purchase a Prius and commute?

A few years ago, there was a GOP freshman that put a cot in his office because he wasn't wealthy/connected/stupid enough to try to find a place in DC he could afford and not get shanked.

Cortez should be used to living on a cot and prostituting herself to make rent.

Where do you live that you fill out a paper ballot? What do you do, put a check mark or x next to your choice? They then scan these into a computer? My God you couldn't find a worse way to have mistakes than this.

The votes at precincts would record who voted and when.

Trump and Scott need to take a chill pill.

200w.gif
Dems send blank absentee ballots to themselves creating a postmark. Post election, corrupt Dems check who didn't vote. Fill in absentee ballots for them and enter them into the system days later.

Dems steal election. Only way to disprove is to contact each absentee ballot voter and verify the did vote which I doubt happens.

Where do you live that you fill out a paper ballot? What do you do, put a check mark or x next to your choice? They then scan these into a computer? My God you couldn't find a worse way to have mistakes than this.
Chattanooga. I’ve always used paper ballots here, never an issue. You mark your candidates and the machine records the vote. You sign a tear off receipt and it goes in a separate box. If they needed to confirm how you voted they’d just match up that stub number to the ballot number.

The democrats painted themselves into a corner on this one crying wolf for 2 years and producing nothing. just look at how many victory lap threads LG has started.

If Mueller comes out with something actually condemning then yeah you will see a shift. but if they can't prove Trump worked with the Russians you will get a big yawn fest. that's the standard the democrats created, so when it falls short its going to seem a lot less worse than it probably is. where if they had treated this with any kind of sense and let the truth come out before convicting Trump, even some minor things might have lead to the back lash they wanted. what it looks like now is they promised a home run and bunted down the 3rd base line.

we will see if Mueller ever produces this report. hopefully before Trump's term is done. - this is the part that still doesn't make sense to me, the timing.
I think that’s all well stated and rational.

I think I do understand the timing. There are two likely scenarios:
1. Mueller has nothing to report.
2. Mueller has something on Trump or someone close to him, but believes that republican legislators will protect Trump.

Given that there have already been a number of indictments and convictions and given how badly Trump obviously wants this investigation to be shut down, my money would be on #2.

In fact, I think it’s pretty obvious from Trump’s behavior that somebody he wants to protect was involved and he fears they have criminal liability. If we don’t see a report shortly after the new Congress is sworn in, I’ll start to agree that it seems unlikely that Mueller has anything.

Also, I think Democrats have only backed themselves into a corner with people who don’t look at Trump’s efforts to interfere as wrongdoing, or those who don’t already view his behavior as making him unfit to be president.

Frankly, I think there are a lot of us who do believe that, to some degree or another. The question will be whether the Democrats spend the next two years shrieking like banshees and roll out Elizabeth Warren as the “first Native American woman presidential candidate” and alienate centrists (like me) into voting for somebody else.

I think it’s pretty clear what my expectations are in that regard.

I suppose something crazy could happen, like what was the John McCain arm of the Republican Party splits off and occupies the middle, but I don’t think there are enough votes there to make that viable.

VN Store

Back