2017 Starting QB: Dormady or Guarantano?

Dormady will be the starter next year due to experience. JG will get his chance if Dormady gets injured.

This could very well be another "Hurd - Kamara" situation. Most in the seats knew Kamara was a legitimate threat, but only saw limited action. But when Hurd melted,...Kamara shined. I hope we don't have to go down this road with QBs.

Both can play. Should be fun to watch what happens. If the RB recruiting class pans out as hoped along with the backs returning, UT will be pounding the rock.

Reactions: 1 person
Sheriron Jones will win the job. He is a better runner than JG, more experienced and has a very big live arm. He had issues with knowledge of the offense and reads. If he takes strides in that department, he will be a beast

I'll say this. My dad and I were at the vandy game and at the end of the vol walk with all of the families. When butch came through, he ignored everyone else and stopped for a few minutes and hugged all the Guarantano family members. Not just a hug, but serious butt kissing. Take it for what you will, but he ignored at least 15 other families, many of them starters parents.

When I look at the QBs Butch has offered, I think this board may be more committed to a system than Butch is. By the way, I saw QD play in HS, and he can flat throw it.

Sheriron Jones will win the job. He is a better runner than JG, more experienced and has a very big live arm. He had issues with knowledge of the offense and reads. If he takes strides in that department, he will be a beast

I am not saying Jones will win the job but I honestly cannot understand why his name NEVER gets mentioned as a starter. Dude has talent and to completely ignore him winning the starting job is pure ignorance IMO.

I'll say this. My dad and I were at the vandy game and at the end of the vol walk with all of the families. When butch came through, he ignored everyone else and stopped for a few minutes and hugged all the Guarantano family members. Not just a hug, but serious butt kissing. Take it for what you will, but he ignored at least 15 other families, many of them starters parents.

What you say you saw might be true but taking that to mean anything is a stretch.

I say put them all three on the field at the same time and have some fun.

When I look at the QBs Butch has offered, I think this board may be more committed to a system than Butch is. By the way, I saw QD play in HS, and he can flat throw it.

QD can definitely sling it. He may change the way the offense is ran if he is the starter. People seem to think you NEED a DT QB in Butch's system. I dont think thats true. I think thats been said because of the OL play.

QD may have a quicker relase, be able to read defenses better and make better decisions once the ball is snapped than Dobbs did. If so, then I think the needing a mobile QB thing will be negated.

I also think Jones should be included. Just his demeanor this year on the side line should buy him a shot. JMO GBO!

Reactions: 3 people
Whoever it is, I'm sure he will be a more accurate, downfield passer than Dobbs. Dobbs is great at many things, but he struggled with long throws

Definitely not a fan of UT ever running a two QB system. Hasn't worked out so well in the past

I agree, I don't like the idea either EXCEPT it would be a benefit for the GA TECH game. They will have film on what JG can do (like Dobbs) but not Dormady. That could be a BEE KILLER! IF they do it for that game and it works might just as well give yeller teeth something to worry about!

I was surprised to hear it too, but it was a solid source....like Hubbs or Pat Ryan...not some yahoo like me. They said he'd made great strides but had a ways to go.
It was put out there by Basilio and is pure BS. JG is the guy with the most buzz within the program. Best arm on the team, as accurate as Dormady, and faster than Dobbs (but not as physical of a runner). It all comes down to decision making. If JG takes care of the ball in practice, then he will be hard to beat.

It was put out there by Basilio and is pure BS. JG is the guy with the most buzz within the program. Best arm on the team, as accurate as Dormady, and faster than Dobbs (but not as physical of a runner). It all comes down to decision making. If JG takes care of the ball in practice, then he will be hard to beat.

Brice said multiple times that JG was the best looking QB he had seen practice at UT since PM

VN Store

Back