'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

Yes he most certainly did lead us to 8 wins. Neither Shrout nor Maurer did. It was JG. Time and time again Pruitt relies on his leadership. You can try and spin it another way but facts defeat your ignorant hate.

No one hates him. He seems like a good kid who works hard. This isnt personal. He has had 2 1/2 years to prove he is a good QB. Hasnt hapoened yet. If I stink at my job that long my azz is fired.

He's also the same QB who lost to GA State and BYU ( many reasons we lost those 2 games, but he is a big part of why we lost)

He also continues to play bad against Vandy, and we won the bowl game with him being a no show for the biggest part of the game.

I'd say the disrespect is deserved
For once we agree on something

I’m rolling with Shrout, year two with Chaney over Daniels who wouldn’t even get here until August.

JT Shrout > JT Daniels

That is my JT preference.

Don’t @ me

Reactions: Helton1
He's also the same QB who lost to GA State and BYU ( many reasons we lost those 2 games, but he is a big part of why we lost)

He also continues to play bad against Vandy, and we won the bowl game with him being a no show for the biggest part of the game.

I'd say the disrespect is deserved

Well said. JG deserves credit for helping this team turn around last season. He's also been a good kid and teammate.

But as the OP pointed out, there have been too many times JG's performance has hurt this team's chance of winning. We can do better at QB.

Yes he most certainly did lead us to 8 wins. Neither Shrout nor Maurer did. It was JG. Time and time again Pruitt relies on his leadership. You can try and spin it another way but facts defeat your ignorant hate.

You must not watch the NFL. You don't pass on a star free agent because the incumbent is nice?

In addition to the mediocre 8 wins he "lead us to," he also lead us to massive ass beatings against our biggest rivals, and cost us the first two games and was a no show against Vany and Indiana.

He seems like a super nice kid and he's tough as nails, but just like the NFL, if you have a mediocre player at any position, fans are going to want an upgrade if one is available.

Anyone who doesn't want him is out of their gord. He could potentially come in, win the job, let HB redshirt, jump to the NFL, and jumpstart our recruiting. Worrying about QBs on the roster is crazy shortsighted. Fields, Burrow, Hurts, Murray etc.
Because this is one of those moves that always seem to backfire on us..

I'm going to take my chances on Bailey. He came from great company (from a stats standpoint) in the state of GA. Young kid, prototypical size for a QB. I don't want to add drama to the QB room.

Still hasn’t graduated. That one time free transfer may be done by May.
Yeah I’m dumb I totally forgot, forgive me lol. I don’t think he will end up here anyways. Could probably see him at LSU or FSU.

Because this is one of those moves that always seem to backfire on us..

Have we had a transfer backfire? They're often duds, but I can't remember a transfer hurting us. Keller Chryst gave us some good minutes. We've missed out on transfers in the past who ended up being great.

There are three likely scenarios that could play out: 1) Daniels, a Top 20 overall player in the 2018 class despite effectively playing up a year, who started at USC as a true freshman before missing all but the first half of the first game of 2019, wins the job. That means he’s beaten out the 5th year senior in Guarantano, a ballyhooed freshman in Bailey, and the rest of the QBs on the roster, showing the kind of talent that made him that sort of superstar prospect, 2) Guarantano wins the job. That means that he – a 5th year senior in his first season with the same offensive coordinator as the season before – has beaten out Daniels, Bailey, and the rest, or 3) Bailey wins the job, which means his talent is just so damn good, and his grasp of the offensive system so damn advanced, that he’s beaten out Daniels, Guarantano, and the rest. In either scenario, iron has sharpened iron and the Vols will have the best QB they can possibly have leading what should easily be Coach Jeremy Pruitt’s best team in his three-year tenure.

-DylanVol

JT Daniels to Tennessee? Let's Discuss... | Gameday on Rocky Top

Or we bring him in and it pisses Bailey off. Bailey then leaves with a sour taste in his mouth, and we ruin some GA connections

But hey hopefully he comes here and becomes the next KC and backup HB for a few years.
If that’s were to happen (highly unlikely IMO) don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

I don’t see why this is so hard to comprehend for people

Daniels is a day 2 NFL talent at QB. Maybe even day 1 if he reaches max potential He’s most likely a 1 and done guy if he gets eligible.

It gives Bailey the opportunity to redshirt and he takes the reigns in 2021. He won’t transfer. If he cared that much about being the guy as a freshman, he wouldn’t have came here to begin with knowing he’d have to deal with JG. He’d likely be at Georgia Tech or something. He’s not scared of competition.

We may have 6 QBs on the roster but we only have ONE good one, and he’s never played. JG is what he is and no coach will ever fix him. Shrout has a ceiling and it’s not very high. Maurer is busy partying with UF students while everyone else is working to get better. Holiday is likely a WR. Kasim could potentially move positions as well.

Take him and don’t look back. Worst case scenario is Bailey has a solid backup for 2 years before he goes transfers again to Colorado or something. Best case scenario is he shows up, goes off and throws for 30 TDs and behind our OL makes us a 10-11 win team with a New Years 6 bowl game, which is possible with the right QB.

It’s the same thing that happened to Jacob Eason n at UGA. Would anyone turn down Jacob Easons production at UW for one season? Didn’t think so

I don’t see why this is so hard to comprehend for people

Daniels is a day 2 NFL talent at QB. Maybe even day 1 if he reaches max potential He’s most likely a 1 and done guy if he gets eligible.

It gives Bailey the opportunity to redshirt and he takes the reigns in 2021. He won’t transfer. If he cared that much about being the guy as a freshman, he wouldn’t have came here to begin with knowing he’d have to deal with JG. He’d likely be at Georgia Tech or something. He’s not scared of competition.

We may have 6 QBs on the roster but we only have ONE good one, and he’s never played. JG is what he is and no coach will ever fix him. Shrout has a ceiling and it’s not very high. Maurer is busy partying with UF students while everyone else is working to get better. Holiday is likely a WR. Kasim could potentially move positions as well.

Take him and don’t look back. Worst case scenario is Bailey has a solid backup for 2 years before he goes transfers again to Colorado or something. Best case scenario is he shows up, goes off and throws for 30 TDs and behind our OL makes us a 10-11 win team with a New Years 6 bowl game, which is possible with the right QB.

It’s the same thing that happened to Jacob Eason n at UGA. Would anyone turn down Jacob Easons production at UW for one season? Didn’t think so

Thank you! The roster is strong this year. QB is the biggest thing holding us back from 10ish wins. This would change that. Defense will be stout. Great O line and talent at RB and WR.

VN Store

Back