'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

I’m finding it hard to understand why we’d recruit him or why he would come here so I don’t see it happening. Maybe COVID-19 cancels the season and so Pruitt sees this as an opportunity to put two 5-star QBs on a roster to battle it out for 2021, but outside of that it would seem odd to waste a roster spot on a 7th QB. I just can’t see this happening even though multiple outlets are reporting it as likely.

Have u seen JG play Football. No need for further responses

Both imo. He could come here and win the job, then Harrison Bailey could transfer . Also, he could come and possibly not beat out Harrison Bailey .

I don't think transfers are as devastating as they used to be with relaxed restrictions coming.

Recruit as many good QBs as possible We'll work out the details later.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Clay helton is a worse version of butch. Would be interesting to see Daniels paired with a competent coaching staff

Patrick Brown and Wes Rucker both said there is mutual interest.

USC quarterback J.T. Daniels, a former five-star prospect, went into the NCAA transfer portal this afternoon. Heard from some sources that Daniels has interest in Tennessee and the Vols could be one to watch, so something obviously to keep an eye on moving forward. There's obviously a connection here with Tee Martin, who recruited Daniels to USC and coached him during his freshman season with the Trojans when he was their starter.

-Patrick Brown (247)

Anyone who doesn't want him is out of their gord. He could potentially come in, win the job, let HB redshirt, jump to the NFL, and jumpstart our recruiting. Worrying about QBs on the roster is crazy shortsighted. Fields, Burrow, Hurts, Murray etc.
Would absolutely be best case scenario if this is what happened. Just go ahead and let him win the Heisman taking us to a NC in 2020, and then Bailey follows him and wins it back to back in 2021. Then Ty Simpson comes in and wins it in 2024

Would absolutely be best case scenario if this is what happened. Just go ahead and let him win the Heisman taking us to a NC in 2020, and then Bailey follows him and wins it back to back in 2021. Then Ty Simpson comes in and wins it in 2024

I laughed when I read this, but the last two Heisman winners were transfer QB's and the 2020 favorite is one as well. Sooooo....yes

Edit: last 3?

Can’t believe some of y’all don’t want this kid. I don’t care how many QB’s we have on the roster. We all hope HB is the guy but if Daniels comes in and wins the job so be it. I want the best possible QB starting for The University of Tennessee.

Can’t believe some of y’all don’t want this kid. I don’t care how many QB’s we have on the roster. We all hope HB is the guy but if Daniels comes in and wins the job so be it. I want the best possible QB starting for The University of Tennessee.

And if he came here and didnt win the job you would like.y be complaining about him taking a roster spot. There is no guarantee that if he came here he would win the job.

And if he came here and didnt win the job you would like.y be complaining about him taking a roster spot. There is no guarantee that if he came here he would win the job.
I absolutely agree with this, what I’m saying is he’s talented enough to win the job. As far as complaining about roster spots, I don’t worry about the numbers they tend to work themselves out.

JT Daniels is an elite player and a must-take if you can get him. This is a guy who struggled as a true freshman behind a porous offensive line, but a lot of people fail to remember he reclassified and was technically supposed to be a high school senior that year.

Then Kedon Slovis set the world on fire last year, but he had lost that job to Daniels in the preseason and wasn't ever going to be the guy unless Daniels got hurt. He just made the most of the opportunity, so good on Slovis. This (Daniels) is a guy who is a definite first-round talent who could come to Knoxville, play a year or two and head to the NFL, and Bailey would still have his 2-3 years to play. This would be a massive pickup and a big-time upgrade over Guarantano. He's a must-get if possible. This is the biggest news of the offseason

- Brad Shepard on 247

No Vol fan or player should be against this happening. If he’s immediately eligible, he probably beats out JG and HB may redshirt. JT would probably start for a year or two and HB starts as a sophomore or junior. Bama, Ohio State, and so on wouldn’t bat an eye about it. This is how we get back to the top.

Last edited:
I mean if Pruitt wants him, then that’s cool with me.

However, there’s more important needs than a QB right now.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back