'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

247 themselves seem to be unclear on those 3 guys still being on scholarship, though imo the bylaw is pretty dang clear. But anyway, the article is a nice reference for our scholarship numbers:
Breaking down Tennessee's scholarship situation for 2020

"The potential numbers crunch could be alleviated by a current player going on medical scholarship or a signee not making it in, and there are a few situations with preferred walk-ons whose scholarship statuses are unclear"
"Montgomery went on scholarship in November, and his status this season is unclear"

@Devo182 that rule just allows for an appeal if a kid wants to fight having their $ removed. It’s my stance one or more of these kids were told the deal upfront and won’t ask for an appeal

Only if you're a scholarship player. Counters are only for scholarships.

"In basketball and football, to specify that a graduate transfer student-athlete who receives athletically related financial aid and enrolls at the certifying institution with one season of eligibility"

Btw that proposal database is pretty sweet. Been checking it for years to see what's coming down the pipeline and understand legislation reasoning.
Gotcha, guess I didn’t read that one close enough. I don’t know of any walk-on graduate transfers though.... they wouldn’t be considered graduate transfers.....

Don’t think Doyle was on scholarship.

I think you are right. But I dunno.

He signed a preferred walk-on contract so this would have been the year he would have been on scholarship right?

Edit: Actually preferred walk-on signatures mean nothing. Because they don’t bind you to anything or the coaches to anything.

Gotcha, guess I didn’t read that one close enough. I don’t know of any walk-on graduate transfers though.... they wouldn’t be considered graduate transfers.....
Now you know Brett Graham ;)

"the Vols will add Brett Graham, a graduate transfer from UConn, as a walk-on to provide competition at punter and potentially fill Doyle's void as the holder on field goals and extra points."

@Devo182 that rule just allows for an appeal if a kid wants to fight having their $ removed. It’s my stance one or more of these kids were told the deal upfront and won’t ask for an appeal
The rule is just saying you can't cite athletic reasons or injuries for not renewing the scholarship. Let's be honest, that is why they aren't getting renewed, if so. But sure, the scholarship could be 'fixed' with some benign stipulation (non athletically related) that the university then says the player didn't meet and the player doesn't appeal. Sure, that's technically possible.

The rule is just saying you can't cite athletic reasons or injuries for not renewing the scholarship. Let's be honest, that is why they aren't getting renewed, if so. But sure, the scholarship could be 'fixed' with some benign stipulation (non athletically related) that the university then says the player didn't meet and the player doesn't appeal. Sure, that's technically possible.

That’s rule is irrelevant if the kid doesn’t appeal and that’s my Point.

That rule only matters if a player wants to question the decision and say he/she didn’t do anything wrong off the field. In the case of the PWOs they would have about 20k reasons to tell a coach they won’t appeal if their money is ever removed

The NCAA doesn’t ask why a kid was removed from scholarship. The only time that even matters is with an appeal. They just sign a voluntary withdrawal form and that’s it

Names...have any? Hubbs and Beattie don’t. Seth Gilliam received one at the beginning of his senior year...so did Alex Ellis. Nothing “nefarious” there. Saying a kid’s “on scholarship” his freshman year and putting out emotional happy happy joy joy celebration videos over something TEMPORARY? Kinda low rent stuff that’ll come back on you during recruiting. That’s why it hasn’t happened.

Nothing low rent at all about giving a kid thousands of dollars and celebrating it. It’s a moment worthy of celebration. It’s strange that you would down play that

Reactions: BruinVol
Nothing low rent at all about giving a kid thousands of dollars and celebrating it. It’s a moment worthy of celebration. It’s strange that you would down play that
You’re playing word games...you and Bruin should hang out, get an apartment...maybe a timeshare? Isaiah Montgomery’s mom herself said he has a full ride scholarship...and you and your boy DOWNPLAY that. 😉

Reactions: Takegame33
That’s rule is irrelevant if the kid doesn’t appeal and that’s my Point.

That rule only matters if a player wants to question the decision and say he/she didn’t do anything wrong off the field. In the case of the PWOs they would have about 20k reasons to tell a coach they won’t appeal if their money is ever removed

The NCAA doesn’t ask why a kid was removed from scholarship. The only time that even matters is with an appeal. They just sign a voluntary withdrawal form and that’s it
Give us an example where this has happened. I’ll count to 85. 😎

VN Store

Back