'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

Yeah, if you are a fan of controversy and mutual destruction, I don't see how this is a bad thing. Helps make Cade Mays's request all the more easy, and it creates potential issues in the UGA QB room when it seemed like things were nicely lining up for them at QB for 20 and 21. Newman and Daniels are both good QBs, but neither one is clearly better than the other, so there is no definite answer and this could drag out into fall practice.

According to Austin Price, this is an issue of Tennessee being slow on the draw and not NCAA giving us the finger. Seems we dragged our feet for months.

UT may be waiting for situations like this to set a precedent so that the NCAA has less ability to pick and choose who gets to play under the umbrella of a threat of discrimination lawsuits.

Reactions: TheBigOne10

According to Austin Price, this is an issue of Tennessee being slow on the draw and not NCAA giving us the finger. Seems we dragged our feet for months.

The family was working through an attorney, so I would assume all moves are calculated. Solomon did the same thing last year. They applied very late. Idk the full reason for doing that, but I’m certain there is one.

UT may be waiting for situations like this to set a precedent so that the NCAA has less ability to pick and choose who gets to play under the umbrella of a threat of discrimination lawsuits.

I think JT getting clearance only "guarantees" Cade will be cleared to play as well. I think this is good news for us.

The family was working through an attorney, so I would assume all moves are calculated. Solomon did the same thing last year. They applied very late. Idk the full reason for doing that, but I’m certain there is one.
Possibly to keep their minds fresh on it....at least that would make sense to me. There again, nothing the NCAA does makes any sense. I’m sure our athletic department knows just what they’re doing.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back