'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

The knife cuts both ways, JG left a lot to be desired just like Alontae blowing coverages and missed gap assignments and terrible routes by receivers on plays. Team sport and **** happens. They can only do what they did at the end and find ways to learn, win, and if another qb comes and supplanted JG then he was outworked... if not then JG obviously put in the work and shows he’s ready to take that next step. New Year, new chapter.
Talent is also a part of the equation. I could have never been a starting QB no matter how hard I worked at it.

Why do we bash Kirby for mismanaging 5 star QBs when Chaney was his OC? But then praise Chaney for getting Crompton to the nfl when he was the OC here.

Maybe Chaney is the problem? None of our QBs looked very good last year.

Reactions: HouseDividedVol
I take this to mean we probably only wanted him if the transfer rule passed and he was eligible this yr otherwise we are comfortable with what we have in Mauer/Bailey and coming in Salter and 2022. At least from my viewpoint This yr is my concern at QB not so much future

I don’t think Daniels could play this year without the transfer rule, so he may be looking to winning the job in 2021 after Newman is gone.

I take this to mean we probably only wanted him if the transfer rule passed and he was eligible this yr otherwise we are comfortable with what we have in Mauer/Bailey and coming in Salter and 2022. At least from my viewpoint This yr is my concern at QB not so much future

If we really wanted him at all

Ga State was all on the defense

agreed on BYU

It really wasn’t. A fumble on the second play from scrimmage, another fumble by JG, an INT by JG, 2 turnovers on downs, and 3 FG’s. JG missed some plays that were out there.

While the defense didn’t play well with almost a whole new front 7, no BT, and Burrell starting, the offense contributed just as much in that loss.

Why do we bash Kirby for mismanaging 5 star QBs when Chaney was his OC? But then praise Chaney for getting Crompton to the nfl when he was the OC here.

Maybe Chaney is the problem? None of our QBs looked very good last year.
Correct me if I am wrong, but Fromm was killing it under Chaney. It wasn't until he left that Fromm fell apart and Justin Fields succeeded at OSU.

With what we hear about false promises by Kirby, that probably had something to do with Justin Fields anger.

Their OC sucked last year

Not much to be confused about with that
no, not that.

i didn't think that you could extrapolate that a new coach that hasn't coached a down of football for their new program could every be a "dramatic upgrade"?

i thought it was always "let's see if he can get a first down before we crown him" type wait and see approach?

hmm. oh well. i guess that only applies for coaches TN hires. lol.

VN Store

Back