'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

Ha! I was more excited to land JG than any recruit I can remember since Justin Hunter. I remember Felder raving about him after the Elite 11. Barrett Sallee called him a heisman darkhorse on Smothered and Covered prior to his RS freshman year. I wanted this kid to succeed soo badly. But we've seen what he is in two full seasons and it isn't good. We need much better in order to succeed. Nothing wrong with fans wanting more.
Once again, please, please, please show me any QB in the history of the SEC that has won more than they lost when the team they played for had the worst OL and DL in the conference. That is exactly what we had JGs 1st 2 seasons. You can't show me it happening in the history of football because it simply doesn't exist!

Lol, what weapons did we have? We didn't have a burner at WR to cause any fear at all of stretching defenses and our running game produced less than 150 yards/gm, I fail to see where 2 possession type receivers and an undersized Fr running back count as offensive weapons. Speed is a weapon and we didn't have much of it last year and certainly didn't have any playmakers the 2 seasons before that.
I understand and agree with you. But, it seems like the game has never slowed down for JG. At this point in his career, he should be playing at Max Capacity, if not injured. JMO

Once again, please, please, please show me any QB in the history of the SEC that has won more than they lost when the team they played for had the worst OL and DL in the conference. That is exactly what we had JGs 1st 2 seasons. You can't show me it happening in the history of football because it simply doesn't exist!

JG hardly played his first two seasons. He redshirted the first, and made more headlines in his second season for sulking on the sideline than he did with his play on the field.

Last two seasons, he's had decent OL and DL play.

Also, Dobbs had a winning record with the worst lines in the SEC, so that sort of kills your argument.

Your complaints sound more about Pruitt's offensive philosophy than it does JG. I think if our running game can improve then our passing game would as well. Why didn't we run the ball all over BYU if all they did was play cover 3? I'm surprised guys like you have it figured out but Pruitt and Chaney can't seem to.
My complaints are not complaints, but observations that you didn’t even address. We did run the ball. We ran for about 240. Pretty soon they started loading the box and we ended throwing for 170+ yards. Then because JG got shook after a pick that destroyed our momentum we started coaching around him . That’s not an opinion either.

I’m not a NeverJGer, I’m just someone who can easily see the problems that he’s having that weren’t caused by others and I hope that he can fix them.

I understand and agree with you. But, it seems like the game has never slowed down for JG. At this point in his career, he should be playing at Max Capacity, if not injured. JMO
He played injured most of last season, I'm hoping for an injury free season this year. He looks to have bulked up a little more during the quarantine so that should help. I know he hasn't been consistent, I just don't think he's the only reason holding us back from being successful.

Reactions: barrylee
Take that up with Pruitt, he still seems to believe in JG. I guess you think Pruitt is an idiot for continuing to run JG out there. I think its dumb to expect a transfer to come into your program in August and be successful 3 weeks later in the SEC.

I don't make the decisions but it's obvious he wants and needs him to succeed. He's probably expecting someone that's been on campus as long as him to make the throws he needs to. It's also obvious he doesn't have 100% confidence in him. Yes, I think JTD can be successful that quick. He was a better QB the day he stepped on USC's campus as a freshman who still should have been in HS. It's not close either...

JG hardly played his first two seasons. He redshirted the first, and made more headlines in his second season for sulking on the sideline than he did with his play on the field.

Last two seasons, he's had decent OL and DL play.

Also, Dobbs had a winning record with the worst lines in the SEC, so that sort of kills your argument.

He played 9 games his freshman year and a full season his sophomore year..maybe you meant last year because he only started in 7 games

My issue with JG isn’t that he’s sixth. It’s why wasn’t he top 3? Lots of people use stats as a tool to support their reasoning for or against JG, my main frustration is why did he have 16 Tds and not 26? I’m more worried about what he’s not doing and why he’s not doing it. Why the hell did he not absolutely torch BYU who played Cover 3 basically the entire night? You could literally run 3 9 routes each pass play and get big hitters. He was late on so many throws that he could’ve had 4-5 tds that night.
I’m rooting for him to improve and take those steps, but I am skeptical. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be that way and why it’s easily the most polarizing subject on UT football in a long time. And that’s saying something.
He wasn't top3 because he didn't have as great a year as the #1 and #5 pick of the NFL draft. I'd love for him to be top3 and he's got a shot this year at it, but his stats placed him around 5th or 6th this past year. The next guy on our QB depth chart had stats that put him with the bottom 3 of the league yet we've still got fans clamoring that we'd be better off playing the guy that rates bottom 3 vs a 5th year guy that's hovering in the top half of the league.

He played injured most of last season, I'm hoping for an injury free season this year. He looks to have bulked up a little more during the quarantine so that should help. I know he hasn't been consistent, I just don't think he's the only reason holding us back from being successful.

He's definitely shown moxie, but also definitely not shown the "It" factor, so far.

He's definitely shown moxie, but also definitely not shown the "It" factor, so far.
I don't think our entire team has shown to have the "it" factor the last few years, do you? Steve Tanneyhill had the "it" factor at USCjrs way back when and it didn't help them win championships. Peyton had all the "it" factors in the world and he played in several games where he stunk it up. I don't believe in the "it" factor.

Good lord, man. JG is barely a Big East QB.

Good lord, man. JG is barely a Big East QB.
You can't come up with a single comparison either because it doesn't exist. You have to know absolutely nothing about the game of football if you feel any QB or any team can overcome having the worst OL and DLs in the conference.

No you believe in the Sh “it” Post on the RF message board factor. Lol
Don’t encourage him. Valid points on both sides but instead of just walking away from it he thinks he’s somehow going to change the opinion of JG to a lot of people.

VN Store

Back