'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

and burrow set a record in doing so. that's not the norm....

the biggest difference today vs. 30 years ago is the number of games played. that inflates a lot of the numbers now vs. then.

used to be 10/11 games was max, even w/a bowl. now 12+.....spread offenses in general really started to show up in the 90's...and it evolved in to what we saw happen in the early 00's....and now everything's a hybrid.......
yes but as a 3 yr starter he's thrown 32, that's roughly 10 a year, that's pretty poor, and while I fully understand that 60 is not the norm, 16 td's last year with the weapons he had on O is almost criminal

and burrow set a record in doing so. that's not the norm....

the biggest difference today vs. 30 years ago is the number of games played. that inflates a lot of the numbers now vs. then.

used to be 10/11 games was max, even w/a bowl. now 12+.....spread offenses in general really started to show up in the 90's...and it evolved in to what we saw happen in the early 00's....and now everything's a hybrid.......

In 1998, 18 QBs threw 20 or more TDs. In 2019, 50 Qbs threw at least 20 TDs.

Yes, there are more teams in the NCAA now and yes we do play more games, but even on a per game basis, teams are simply throwing the ball more on average. Tee Martin was top 20 in TD passes in 1998 with 19. JG finished 70th in 2019 with 16.

Yes, there are more teams in the NCAA now and yes we do play more games, but even on a per game basis, teams are simply throwing the ball more on average. Tee Martin was top 20 in TD passes in 1998 with 19. JG finished 70th in 2019 with 16.

JG ended up 6th in the SEC in TD passes last season. Not awful and not great either

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Lol, for you neverJG types you had better buy you some tums because that's who is going to start the season out as our QB, if those tums don't work out try you some Pepto Bismol!

I’ve never seen someone so content with us losing.its mind boggling that you can’t even admit how bad he is or that we will not even come close to winning important games to possibly win the East! You’re running out of excuses for him...last year it was the Defense and that will not be the case this year!..soo what will be the reason this year?...his WR’s? lol

thanks for putting in the work didn't have time to do all that research 😂

Reactions: Carp

Bump for emphasis

They make your stance looks foolish.

when you mention them your stance looks foolish

Just waiting on you to stop repeating yourself honestly. Me hating on Tee regardless of the stats,won us a National Championship that would be “Foolish”. me hating on a QB like Andy Kelly who I never got to witness play would be “Foolish” the difference though is Andy and Tee won important games and made a difference “SOMEWHERE” in the offense.the same can be said for Dobbs! Those 3 qb’s made something happen because they knew where their weaknesses were and utilized their strengths to win.so yea their stats make no difference and can be thrown out the window when they are “WINNING”. JG “DOESNT DO THAT” in any form or fashion.

I’ve never seen someone so content with us losing.its mind boggling that you can’t even admit how bad he is or that we will not even come close to winning important games to possibly win the East! You’re running out of excuses for him...last year it was the Defense and that will not be the case this year!..soo what will be the reason this year?...his WR’s? lol
I've never made an excuse for JG. I'm not running out of anything, it's you neverJG guys that continue to try and lay everything off on him. It's getting old and the fanbase is starting to get tired of the neverJG guys.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I am not a neverJG guy been rooting for him since his Time Square announcement! But, things have not clicked to this point. I trust the coaches here if they want Daniels so be it. Maybe they just want to keep him away from someone in the conference. Maybe they want the competition. I trust CJP & Staff here.

VFL...GBO

Reactions: Smokeytom
I've never made an excuse for JG. I'm not running out of anything, it's you neverJG guys that continue to try and lay everything off on him. It's getting old and the fanbase is starting to get tired of the neverJG guys.
You represent the fanbase?

Look, I don't support all the over the top hate that has been thrown JG's way, but I also don't support all of the bonehead mistakes JG has made. If he can correct his faults, then fine, I have zero problem with him being starter. But, he has yet to demonstrate he can actually do that. So I see nothing wrong with fans wanting better. Now, when it comes to issuing threats, or tweeting insults directly to the guy, I think that's over the top and should never happen. That's classless. But unless he improves his play, there is nothing wrong with fans on a MB wanting more from the QB position.

Just waiting on you to stop repeating yourself honestly. Me hating on Tee regardless of the stats,won us a National Championship that would be “Foolish”. me hating on a QB like Andy Kelly who I never got to witness play would be “Foolish” the difference though is Andy and Tee won important games and made a difference “SOMEWHERE” in the offense.the same can be said for Dobbs! Those 3 qb’s made something happen because they knew where their weaknesses were and utilized their strengths to win.so yea their stats make no difference and can be thrown out the window when they are “WINNING”. JG “DOESNT DO THAT” in any form or fashion.

Man I wish you would just admit your hate for JG is WAY stronger than your faith in CJP.

it really is sad for you to be so untrusting that you can’t just sit back and let CJP and Cheney make the decisions

Man I wish you would just admit your hate for JG is WAY stronger than your faith in CJP.

it really is sad for you to be so untrusting that you can’t just sit back and let CJP and Cheney make the decisions
I mean I feel like us really being involved with this guy kind of proves Pruitt & Co. have their doubts about JG... that said, nothing would make me happier than JG finding and pulling something out that he didn’t know he was capable of and have a vindication campaign against the SEC.

I mean I feel like us really being involved with this guy kind of proves Pruitt & Co. have their doubts about JG... that said, nothing would make me happier than JG finding and pulling something out that he didn’t know he was capable of and have a vindication campaign against the SEC.

Yes if CJP decides this is the way to go then I will support the hell out of this kid.

I’ve tried and tried to tell you to stop with the math/stats. They make your stance looks foolish.

Just say JG doesn’t have “it”. No feel in the pocket, gets sacked too much, fumbles too much and can’t get out of his head many times. That kind of talk doesn’t get made look foolish.

Andy Kelly
40 games
36 TDS
38 INTs

Tee Martin
38 games
32 TDs
16 INTs

JG
34 games
32 TDs
13 INTs

So unless you hate Andy Kelly and Tee as well then your math sucks again.

So really STFU about stats because when you mention them your stance looks foolish. Try the other angle I have been trying to teach you about. It has some validity.

You’re kind of off on your point and as I always state stats can be used to make any narrative as whomever is trying to make. But the reason your stats don’t compare is because both Tee and Kelly had aa conference RBs. JG had decent RBs but was more of the focal point than those two. If we had either of those 2 at qbthe past 2 seasons we’d have contended for the SECE title. JG is the worst starter at UT in all of my years of fandom and I’m 43.

You’re kind of off on your point and as I always state stats can be used to make any narrative as whomever is trying to make. But the reason your stats don’t compare is because both Tee and Kelly had aa conference RBs. JG had decent RBs but was more of the focal point than those two. If we had either of those 2 at qbthe past 2 seasons we’d have contended for the SECE title. JG is the worst starter at UT in all of my years of fandom and I’m 43.
We had the worst OL and DL in the SEC 2 seasons ago and you think we should have contended for an East championship? Explain to me how a better QB would have improved our line play that year.

He’s better than Worley, Simms, Nick Stephens (not saying much)

More than RBs, they had better OL protection. JG had reason to live in fear his first starting season. But that should be a huge difference this year if everyone stays healthy.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
yes but as a 3 yr starter he's thrown 32, that's roughly 10 a year, that's pretty poor, and while I fully understand that 60 is not the norm, 16 td's last year with the weapons he had on O is almost criminal
Lol, what weapons did we have? We didn't have a burner at WR to cause any fear at all of stretching defenses and our running game produced less than 150 yards/gm, I fail to see where 2 possession type receivers and an undersized Fr running back count as offensive weapons. Speed is a weapon and we didn't have much of it last year and certainly didn't have any playmakers the 2 seasons before that.

JG might get criticized more than he deserves, but it's because, to this point, he hasn't been very good. This isn't hating on the guy, it's just pointing out the obvious.

If it all clicks for him this year, I will be his biggest fan. No one ever questioned his heart and toughness, but until he learns to throw on time and put the ball where it needs to be, he will be criticized. Be just hasn't played well most of his career. He has had two or three really good games and a bunch of stinkers.

I’ve tried and tried to tell you to stop with the math/stats. They make your stance looks foolish.

Just say JG doesn’t have “it”. No feel in the pocket, gets sacked too much, fumbles too much and can’t get out of his head many times. That kind of talk doesn’t get made look foolish.

Andy Kelly
40 games
36 TDS
38 INTs

Tee Martin
38 games
32 TDs
16 INTs

JG
34 games
32 TDs
13 INTs

So really STFU about stats because when you mention them your stance looks foolish. Try the other angle I have been trying to teach you about. It has some validity.
Where do Tee and Kelly’s numbers rank, relative to other QBs of that era? Where does JG’s rank relative to his contemporaries? That’s what should be used if you’re comparing eras.

Honest question I don’t know.

Andy Kelly
40 games
36 TDS
38 INTs

Tee Martin
38 games
32 TDs
16 INTs

JG
34 games
32 TDs
13 INTs

Great post

VN Store

Back