'17 TX QB Will McBride (UT Commit 12/13/2016)

Don't worry guys..........it's only December. I'm sure that strong finish is coming. Offer list says it all.

Reactions: 2 people
You can discuss this later but he just committed and instead of a BOOM you get a bunch of complaining. Good pickup late in a cycle that is a big improvement over the Lewis kid we dropped. Again kid if you even read this. BOOM. The rest of you whussies just go to the football talk to trash our recent QB commit. But, it's a piss poor look.

Reactions: 11 people
You can discuss this later but he just committed and instead of a BOOM you get a bunch of complaining. Good pickup late in a cycle that is a big improvement over the Lewis kid we dropped. Again kid if you even read this. BOOM. The rest of you whussies just go to the football talk to trash our recent QB commit. But, it's a piss poor look.

What he said.

Boom

Reactions: 3 people
Nope. I think the majority of our class should be comprised of 4*, with a few 5* and 3* players thrown in. Are the teams that win championships built that way and recruit that way? Or do they stock up on potential "diamonds in the rough?" Hoping that they have found the next Manziel?

Whats wrong with wanting Tennessee to sign the best players? Why cant we aspire to be like the Bamas and Ohio States?

Aspiring is easy. Any idiot can aspire. I think it is silly to think that any coach will get any player they want and sillier to complain about the ones they do get. But if you think that makes you a competitor go with that. I'm glad for anyone who wants to come and compete as a Vol.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't worry guys..........it's only December. I'm sure that strong finish is coming. Offer list says it all.

I have not looked at his offer list. But I know many recruiting analysts have not seen this guy, hence his low rating. But I saw these quotes about him that sound intriguing.

Will McBride is a playmaking quarterback who is a true dual-threat player at the position. That said, he's not an athlete playing quarterback. He's a quarterback who's also a good athlete. McBride shows a strong arm that consistently makes throws of 50-plus yards in the air in games.

McBride also displays good velocity on short-to-intermediate routes, but also knows when to dial it back a tad to put good touch on timing routes and deep balls. McBride can throw on the run with his body and across his body. He's a laser-verified 4.59 in the 40, an exceptional time for the QB position. He's dangerous as a scrambler and a read-option runner

Sounds like he has the tools to develop into someone useful if Guarantano, Dormady and Jones all struggle.

Reactions: 5 people
I can give you lots of film of low rated kids who look like Cam Newton In their high school tapes that ended up being bench warmers. I pay more attention to offers than I do stars sorry but beating out Memphis for a recruit doesn't strike much excitement in me.

And we really need you to be excited. :boredom:
tumblr_inline_nejmssmGKC1s4sxxd.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Kid has a quick release and good velocity and accuracy. Playing in the Houston area is not easy. He has happy feet but sound footwork and good elusiveness. Has a low release too that may need to be corrected.

From his highlights he has some Brees in him. If developed correctly I think he can be a great QB down the line.

Reactions: 1 person
In most cases , it's not as bad as it seems (for self-proclaimed "realists"), and it's not as good as it seems (for us sunshine pumpers).

No reason to rush to pass.judgment right now, especially on the negative and discouraging side. Let the kid have his moment and let's hope he turns out to be All World. It would only help us.

Why are we taking a commitment from this bum? 3 stars? Gimmie a break.

I know he is not officially a "player" until January when he enrolls early to begin pouring his sweat, blood, and tears onto The Hill but I do believe that rule three applies here.

5. Respect the players Fans often get upset with players for their performance on the field or other issues that may affect their contributions. It's certainly allowable to criticize players for their play, but personal attacks, name calling, etc. of Tennessee players is frowned upon.

As "UT's#1Fan, you are not representing us very well. Maybe we should move you down the list to #102,456 or so.

Reactions: 9 people
“They are a top school in the SEC. Tennessee is a school I picked for a reason. It's one of the best programs in the country. But, I also respect coach Jones as a coach and man. He will push me to be a great man and great person," McBride explained. "Coach (Mike) Debord has my best interest in his heart, too. We all want to win as many games as we can and have fun while doing it. It came down to the connection I had with them.I feel good about our relationship. Tennessee is a big-time program and Knoxville is a great place and I could definitely see myself there."

“It really was tough. It was a quick decision, but at the same time I made the quick decision because I needed to give an opportunity to Memphis to find a guy,” McBride said. “I really do wish them nothing but success and the best. But, the last 72 hours have been crazy. But, me and my parents sat down and talked and we talked about the opportunities at both places and the school and I decided that Tennessee is definitely the place I want to be and a program I want to be a part of. But, it’s been really fun. “It really is a dream come true. I can’t wait.”

“I think my tape says a lot, but I don’t think it says everything about me. I get in the weight room every day and I push myself to get bigger, faster and stronger," McBride said. "I don’t think people know how well I can throw the ball. Not to be arrogant, but I think I can make all the throws to play at the next level.

"I know I still need to improve, but I think I can push myself to be as good as I want to be. I think Tennessee wants a guy that can make plays with his arm and his feet and is a leader on the field.”

- VQ

I like that. He seems like a smart kid

Reactions: 2 people
It was imperative to get a QB in this class that can be around long-term and have 4 on roster.

Having him in the spring is even better.

Now if we lose one or two QBs by spring 2018 we will still have at least 3 scholarship QBs that yr with only having to take 1 next class.

Reactions: 3 people
Good to get a qb in the fold for this class. We needed one. Curious to see who we target for 2018.

VN Store

Back