'17 TX QB Will McBride (UT Commit 12/13/2016)

Glad we could snag this 3 star with a poor offer list. Meanwhile Bama has the number one rated dual threat QB committed we sound like Vanderbilt fans saying every 2 or 3 star could be the next jordan Matthew's

you don't really know how this forum works do you? It's not the FF.

Reactions: 3 people
Colt McCoy was a 3* from Texas. Just sayin'

Stars don't mean anything once the players step on campus. Sometimes you just have to trust the coaches evaluation. It's mostly about fit and development. Heck, even Bama takes a few 2 stars or low 3 stars every year. And they don't waste scholarships.

Reactions: 1 person
This kid can play. How bout watching his film before you *****.
I can give you lots of film of low rated kids who look like Cam Newton In their high school tapes that ended up being bench warmers. I pay more attention to offers than I do stars sorry but beating out Memphis for a recruit doesn't strike much excitement in me.

Stars don't mean anything once the players step on campus. Sometimes you just have to trust the coaches evaluation. It's mostly about fit and development. Heck, even Bama takes a few 2 stars or low 3 stars every year. And they don't waste scholarships.

80% of our class is low rated kids meanwhile Bama and Co are loaded up on the highly touted prospects. I guess we've set our bar so low as a program even our fans are content with stealing players from Memphis.

Reactions: 4 people

Just stop with this stuff. The true powerhouses of college football aren't stacked with 3* diamonds in the rough. I know, we arent Bama and nobody is but thats just lame. OSU, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, LSU, USC. These teams get the big time 5* every cycle. You cannot just hope and pray that every 3* is the next Manziel or McCoy. Thats especially true in the SEC.

We snag low ranked guys while UGA and Bama get the big boys. If stars dont really matter, then why is the CF national champion usually full of high ranked guys?

I can give you lots of film of low rated kids who look like Cam Newton In their high school tapes that ended up being bench warmers. I pay more attention to offers than I do stars sorry but beating out Memphis for a recruit doesn't strike much excitement in me.

No offers from Texas, TAMU or even TT. That says a lot.

Glad we could snag this 3 star with a poor offer list. Meanwhile Bama has the number one rated dual threat QB committed we sound like Vanderbilt fans saying every 2 or 3 star could be the next jordan Matthew's

Oh yeah we all must have forgot that this is Bama 2.0, not Tennessee. How easily we all forget that any school can be great at recruiting just like Bama is! Thanks for the reminder!

Oh yeah we all must have forgot that this is Bama 2.0, not Tennessee. How easily we all forget that any school can be great at recruiting just like Bama is! Thanks for the reminder!

This is the attitude I'm referring to when talking about our program has made the fans lower the bar. Esrly 2000s and in the 90s nobody would have been content with where we are now in recruiting or in results. We sound like Vanderbilt fans.

Capt. you got one bama then the rest of us just the way it is been fan for 48 years other than Phil's 15 year run Bama has own us just the way it is and as long as nick is there we wont and cant beat them they got NFL talent up and down the team the other 13 school's will be playing for second get to like it i have seen it for 35 years out of the 48 years as fan.:cray:

Nice... I like his film. BOOM!

And it's really nice how some of you guys in here attack anybody with a different opinion than yours. "Moran", "Mouthbreather".... and these are by our resident preachers.

What's wrong with questioning this commitment? His offer list? Getting a QB commit so late? These are legit concerns.

Just stop with this stuff. The true powerhouses of college football aren't stacked with 3* diamonds in the rough. I know, we arent Bama and nobody is but thats just lame. OSU, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, LSU, USC. These teams get the big time 5* every cycle. You cannot just hope and pray that every 3* is the next Manziel or McCoy. Thats especially true in the SEC.

We snag low ranked guys while UGA and Bama get the big boys. If stars dont really matter, then why is the CF national champion usually full of high ranked guys?

So you are suggesting that we should sign all 4 and 5 star players. I'll bet Butch hasn't thought of that. Maybe someone will pass you suggestion along.

The concept of building a program is simply lost on some people.

Reactions: 4 people
Nice... I like his film. BOOM!

And it's really nice how some of you guys in here attack anybody with a different opinion than yours. "Moran", "Mouthbreather".... and these are by our resident preachers.

What's wrong with questioning this commitment? His offer list? Getting a QB commit so late? These are legit concerns.

There is nothing wrong with saying something like...well, he's not our first choice, but let's see how he develops, or I wish we could have had one of the other guys who turned us down. It is just running down this kid and assuming he will never do anything without knowing it. This is a big moment for him. Let him enjoy it. If he never develops or contributes, that is when you criticize his recruitment.

So you are suggesting that we should sign all 4 and 5 star players. I'll bet Butch hasn't thought of that. Maybe someone will pass you suggestion along.

The concept of building a program is simply lost on some people.

Nope. I think the majority of our class should be comprised of 4*, with a few 5* and 3* players thrown in. Are the teams that win championships built that way and recruit that way? Or do they stock up on potential "diamonds in the rough?" Hoping that they have found the next Manziel?

Whats wrong with wanting Tennessee to sign the best players? Why cant we aspire to be like the Bamas and Ohio States?

I'm not sure why anyone on these pages felt we would get an elite level QB this cycle. He would be sitting behind Guarantano for a minimum of three years and possibly four depending on who wins the QB competition in the spring. He seems like a kid that will come in, work hard and may surprise us all and be great. If not, it doesn't hurt us. Next year is better for picking up our next highly rated QB because of the way our current QBs will cycle out.

Edit: BOOM!!!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back