'17 TX QB Will McBride (UT Commit 12/13/2016)

Baylor is a disaster right now. They have 8 commits and got 7 of those since Christmas. They are calling every kid in Texas right now looking for bodies. Complete scramble mode.

They just flipped a WR that was committed to LSU , I believe.

Reactions: 2 people
Baylor is a disaster right now. They have 8 commits and got 7 of those since Christmas. They are calling every kid in Texas right now looking for bodies. Complete scramble mode.
Briles got a late start on recuiting in 2008 and came up with:

4* QB RGIII (Redskins/Browns)
3* WR Kendall Wright (Titans)
2* WR Terrance Williams (Cowboys)

Lots of talent in these parts.

Edit: Those 7 commits you mentioned all came in the Dead Period...time to get home visits now.

Matt Rhule's staff has a nice list of top recruits from around the country interested in Baylor.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/around-the-ncaa/269343-baylor-hires-temple-coach-matt-rhule.html

Starting to like this Matt Rhule guy. Hiring Shawn Bell is starting to pay off.

Bell flipped UofH CB commit Timarcus Davis (College Station HS) and SMU QB commit Charlie Brewer (Austin Lake Travis) today.

Davis holds offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Missouri, Okie Lite, Purdue, Utah among others.

Brewer comes from a long line of QBs and played at a QB factory. Charlie's grandfather, father and uncle were all starting QBs at Texas...pops beat Alabama in the Cotton Bowl. His bother Michael QBed Lake Travis to two State Championships before going to Texas Tech along with Baker Mayfield (also from Lake Travis). Michael later transferred to Va Tech (same year Mayfield transferred to OU).

Charlie was 1-1 in State Championships (lost to Katy HS in 2015 and thrashed The Woodlands in 2016) and was the Texas State Class 6A Offensive POY. At one point Charlie held offers from Oregon and Texas.

Baylor's newest QB pledge @CBrewer16 set the national record for completion percentage in a season at 77.4% in 2016

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Briles got a late start on recuiting in 2008 and came up with:

4* QB RGIII (Redskins/Browns)
3* WR Kendall Wright (Titans)
2* WR Terrance Williams (Cowboys)

Lots of talent in these parts.

Edit: Those 7 commits you mentioned all came in the Dead Period...time to get home visits now.

Matt Rhule's staff has a nice list of top recruits from around the country interested in Baylor.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/around-the-ncaa/269343-baylor-hires-temple-coach-matt-rhule.html

Nobody cares

Reactions: 6 people
Butch is going to visit Jarren Williams (2018 QB Ky commit) on Thursday. Interesting the first day of contact he is seeing Williams. Butch must feel comfortable where he sits with the 2017 class.

I won't blame the kid if he does..look at Peterman, if he had stayed, yeah he would have gotten a degree, but NFLDraftScout has him as the number 5 QB prospect. He might get a look from the league.

Your same website has him as the possible next Dak Prescott, Lol! No longer a reliable source, in my opinion!

“You go to those camps and everyone is trying to get reps and you have people cutting in line and being obnoxious,” he said. “For me, I have a chip on my shoulder. I never believe in those (recruiting) rankings There are plenty of 2- and 3-star athletes that end up being NFL players.”

McBride, for his part, is handling Tennessee’s offensive shuffle like a pro. “It was kind of surprising, but things happen, people have to do what’s best for them,” McBride said. “It caught me off guard, but I’m sure Coach Jones will get someone in there that’s a great coach. Tennessee football will always be Tennessee football, and I wish Coach DeBord and Coach Sheridan the best of luck.”

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/will-mcbride-staff-changes-vols

Texas QBs are a different breed.

Had Peyton Manning not come to UT. Who knows how good Brandon Stewart would have become under Cutcliff.

I like this kid. Reminds o Chase Daniel former Mizzou QB.

Looks better than a 3 star. Throws the ball very well and not afraid to let his receivers make a play.

Reminded me a bit of Manziel.

Texas HS football on its worst day, is better than a large maj of other HS programs on their best.

Reminds me of Beyoncé, but a little more pop on his intermediate throws

I think I see it nick.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fbeyonces-hair-gifs%2Fponytail.gif

VN Store

Back