'16 PF NC Grant Williams (UT commit 11/13/15)

noice! Dudes gonna be a disruptor on defense. Also love that he's played against some good competition and seems to hold his own every time.

Throw us some more updates if you can.

He's playing against some top talent. Sousa, Fernando others.
Montverde is loaded.
Just scored on an offensive rebound against some big dudes.
10points 4 rebounds first half.

Last edited:
He's playing against some top talent. Sousa, Fernando others.
Montverde is loaded.
Just scored on an offensive rebound against some big dudes.
10points 4 rebounds first half.

Then on the other end blocked a dunk attempt to end the first half! I like how physical and versatile Grant is. He's like Jerrone Maymon with a 3 point shot.

At the half it is Monte Verde 32 Providence Day 26.

Grant Williams looks impressive and just blocked a dunk at the half which was a pretty awesome block. Jalen Johnson getting some pub on national tv.Paul Biancardi for ESPN stated that Jalen Johnson would be a sleeper for this class and is freakishly athletic. Also stated that Grant Williams will be a force to reckon with once he gets in a college weight room. Really spoke highly of CRB and the recruits that were signed

Good vibes here !

Kid will be a good undersized forward for us. People forget that the last time we went to the sweet sixteen our post players weren't the tallest (Maymon 6'7", Stokes 6'8") granted they're very talented guys. I like 6'7"-6'8" forwards that are thicker built than those tall lanky forwards. A 6'7" 250lb Grant Williams will have an impact on next year's team, and it may be a very big one. I think Jordan Bowden, and Grant Williams are the most college ready players in this class.

Williams is going against Bruno Fernando (top 100 in 2016) and Silvio De Sousa (top 10 in 2018) down low and is out playing both. Both of those guys are D1 size, 6'9"+ 220lbs+

He appears to be the most game ready signee we have to me

Either he or bone seems to be reasonable

i like Williams but I do think he'll lose about 2 inches when he hits the Barnes measuring stick.

I would agree, probably add Bowden to that mix.

In order I would go: Williams, Bone, Bowden, Parker, Fulkerson, Johnson

2&3 are probably interchangeable

I agree and think Fulk and Johnson should be redredshirted to gain weight and spread out the class.
Johnson probally could line up at the 2 this year but with all our talent we shouldn't need him to.The 3 will be his best position.

Just watched the game. We really need to start recruiting Montverde school. The way they played defence and all that size was impressive.

Just watched the game. We really need to start recruiting Montverde school. The way they played defence and all that size was impressive.

Which makes what Williams did against that talent even more impressive. 12pts/8rbs/2assists/1block. Great line against those big men, and his team just fell apart when he fouled out.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back