'14 TN DE Jashon Robertson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

The one thing I like about Robertson over Thomas is the fact that he his instate and has friends on the team. That greatly decreases the chances of attrition later on which has killed our roster. Especially with Thomas' current family situation. Would love to have them both though! Along with Jackson, Scott, and Evans : )

I agree with this. Didnt DeAnthony Arnett go back to Saginaw because of family issues? If the local kids are just as talented, Sign them up!

Not saying I don't like Thomas but what I like about Jay is he is a sure fire DT. We have so many SDE/DT guys like Carr, Hendrix, Barnett. I like the fact he is a pure DT at about 290lbs already. He's a beast. We don't have enough good interior DL.

@A_Smotherman: @J_Rob51 This is the fulfillment of how it all started. You and Jalen getting each other hype before games!

Watching Jalen's parents recruit is pretty awesome!

Reactions: 3 people
SIAP

@patrickbrownTFP: former Vanderbilt commitment out of MBA in Nashville. RT @J_Rob51: Just got the offer from UT #blessed

m.twitter.com/patrickbrownTFP

Edit: wow. Is this my first jimmy hyams? And by like two pages too. Apologies VN. Been busy at work (what's up with that)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What's the O/U on Robertson committing to UT? An hour? 6pm tonight? Tomorrow?

I bet he commits before the day is over.

Reactions: 2 people
Robertson, Sawyers, and Garnett are all pretty equal IMHO. Take whichever one jumps on board first. Robertson is probably preferable because of his connection in state and to members on the team.

Might discuss it with the family and sleep on it but I bet this has already been kicked around after the visit he probably had an idea this might be coming.

Another thing I like about this guy is that he finished 2nd in the state in wrestling in the heavyweight division as a Sophomore. We need strong interior linemen that understand pad leverage!

Last edited:
Tbh I'm not sure he commits before Vandy hires a new coach. If I were him I'd commit ASAP though. Time is running out and spots are close to being full.

Not saying I don't like Thomas but what I like about Jay is he is a sure fire DT. We have so many SDE/DT guys like Carr, Hendrix, Barnett. I like the fact he is a pure DT at about 290lbs already. He's a beast. We don't have enough good interior DL.

I think he's an OG in college all the way. I just dont see the talent to play DT in this league. I'd much rather have Thomas if it was a decision between the two. This seems like a major reach if the offer is legit. I hope it doesn't mean Hendrix is also about to jump ship and they are getting desperate on the Dline.

I know we love commitments around these parts, but I'd much rather hold onto Thomas than pick up Robertson.

This. Thomas is just a much better prospect IMO. This is a Dooley type reach IMO. I'm still skeptical that the offer is even legit. Could be a greyshirt offer or who knows what.

I would think it wouldn't take long at all unless its not commitable yet or butch wants him to wait on going public. Also friends with Barnett.

I know some dont like his comments before season but I take it as he is a passionate kid that will fight if he is believes in someone. Franklin fooled a lot of people. Butch could use that passion for good on the field, in locker room and as a guy that can recruit future kids as a host when he is on campus.

This. Thomas is just a much better prospect IMO. This is a Dooley type reach IMO. I'm still skeptical that the offer is even legit. Could be a greyshirt offer or who knows what.

It's not a Dooley reach. He's also a pure DT and Hendrix is a versatile inside out guy. Can also road grade at OG. Lots of ppl over exaggerating.

I think he's an OG in college all the way. I just dont see the talent to play DT in this league. I'd much rather have Thomas if it was a decision between the two. This seems like a major reach if the offer is legit. I hope it doesn't mean Hendrix is also about to jump ship and they are getting desperate on the Dline.

I like his game especially at OG. We were searching for another olineman so maybe they like his versatility.

While I agree with you Thomas is a better prospect, I just think he is gone no matter what. Filling his spot with a 2 way prospect in Robertson would be a smart move and then you try and get Evans as your elite DT prospect.

God this is a horrible reach. So what now, if Jimmy Frank wanted him we want him? Sheesh. I thought Dooley was out of town.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not a Dooley reach. He's also a pure DT and Hendrix is a versatile inside out guy. Lots of ppl over exaggerating.

Doesn't look like a pure DT to me at all. More of a tweener between a SSDE and DT if he stays on the Dline but athletically looks somewhat limited. Looks like a Vandy/UK/Miss State type prospect to me. I'm thinking some decommits are about to happen if they are offering him this late with numbers like they are. I think he ends up a guard in college. Probably the best fit for him.

Doesn't look like a pure DT to me at all. More of a tweener between a SSDE and DT if he stays on the Dline but athletically looks somewhat limited. Looks like a Vandy/UK/Miss State type prospect to me. I'm thinking some decommits are about to happen if they are offering him this late with numbers like they are. I think he ends up a guard in college. Probably the best fit for him.

Cory Thomas?

VN Store

Back