'14 TN DE Jashon Robertson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

@VandyBound51
keep living in the past bro y'all have hit #rockybottom

OK I'm done copying and pasting this dudes twitter. Y'all get the point. If you want yo see more of him rip TN then check out his twitter. SMH
Bump

I must say thT after watching last night's game, at least the USU fans were onto something regarding their front 7. That group didn't look like your usual mid major group.

I think they will have some very good numbers versus the rush this year.

USU front 7 is stout. I guarantee we run the ball better against ASU who lost their whole DL. The OL wasn't perfect but they are promising. USUs run Defense is their bread n butter. No doubt its pretty legit. We gave up two sacks but they were in the first half. The OL was alright considering it was their debut together. Better than I expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Who came in for Gilliam? I was looking for Blair, but didn't see him. Maybe I just overlooked him. Was it Kendrick?

I thought Kerbyson was our least effective. He had the back-to-back false starts once, gave up a sack, and allowed some pressure. He looked pissed off at one point, and I read his body language thinking he wasn't pleased with his performance. I guess the good news is he had passion.

Crowder did good considering we ran up the middle a bunch. I wanted to see 3 or 4 more sweeps myself. All the runs up the gut says something about how the coaches feel about Mack. The one holding call was iffy. The guy was kinda falling down already, however, from the refs angle, I see why he made the call. If penalties were reviewable, then maybe they take that one back.

Gilliam played well

I didn't like the last 5 minutes of the game. I know we just had to run the clock out. But think about it, we practice up tempo. I think the coaches did our backup O-line a disservice. Every play was a run, and the defense knew it, and we ran the clock down every play. If the coaches want to develop these young guys, then they shouldn't have done that. Again, I know its the unwritten rule of the game to just run the clock out, but it probably had a negative effective on our backup O-line.

Ok asking around about the false starts. Here's what happened. The Defense was Calling out our Cadance and jumping. Ok? I noticed the jumping on the defense as am sure you did too if you watched the LOS. Now we all know that is against the rules and the refs finally got it stopped. Yes that's dirty play and yes it made us look bad several times. But calm down because it was encrouchment on the Def and they clearly had our snap call down. It's hard for refs to hear when all the fans are in the stands so the LOS and QB were the only ones hearing it until finally the refs got it stopped.

Ok asking around about the false starts. Here's what happened. The Defense was Calling out our Cadance and jumping. Ok? I noticed the jumping on the defense as am sure you did too if you watched the LOS. Now we all know that is against the rules and the refs finally got it stopped. Yes that's dirty play and yes it made us look bad several times. But calm down because it was encrouchment on the Def and they clearly had our snap call down. It's hard for refs to hear when all the fans are in the stands so the LOS and QB were the only ones hearing it until finally the refs got it stopped.
O lineman are taught early on to go on the snap of the ball.

USU front 7 is stout. I guarantee we run the ball better against ASU who lost their whole DL. The OL wasn't perfect but they are promising. USUs run Defense is their bread n butter. No doubt its pretty legit. We gave up two sacks but they were in the first half. The OL was alright considering it was their debut together. Better than I expected.

Didn't they have a nationally ranked run D last year?

When he switched his commitment to Tennessee he changed it to nflbound

Lol, it didn't even click with me that this used to be Robertson's twitter handle. I hadn't read it back when it was posted, and for some reason when it was bumped I just assumed it was some random Vandy player's twitter account. Makes sense that he changed his name haha.

they held USC,Wisconsin,and AU to 3.1 ypc or less...their odd defensive schemes and stunts give every team that runs the ball fits... we will see exactly what we have the next few weeks

Wow, they held Wisconsin to 3.5 yards a carry. I think I was underestimating them big time.

Edit: I went back and looked at their stats the last two years. No doubt they play a soft schedule, but their run d is legit. Everyone averages less than 4 yards per carry on them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back