'14 TN DE Jashon Robertson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

If they want to stack up the middle, play action all day. We will have guys open over the middle a lot. You're right about Worley keeping the ball. We cant be predictable.

No question play action is the way to go and our WRs will be open. Can Worley hit the slants consistently?

Robertson must be very physical if they benched Coleman Thomas. He was the hottest name and nastiest on the O-line from all the talk.

From the few clips I've seen, this kid looks like he is strong as a bull. Him and K-Mac are going to have some epic battles in practice the next few years.

Crazy how the on guy I never thought would end up at UT, is now starting at OG for UT. Recruiting is crazy.

Blows my mind that he is ready for SEC football from a strength standpoint. Can't wait to watch him plow the way for Lane and Hurd!

No way bro! With our receivers and RBs we will be extremely balanced and unbalanced at CBJs choosing.

There will be plenty of passes thrown. I'm just saying our starting oline is looking like a nice one for the run game. Jackson, Robertson and kerbyson are much better run blockers than pass pros. I'm not saying they are bad at pass pro just saying they are really good at run block. Kerbyson was always the 6 oline last year to come in run block situations. I don't know much about Crowder and Gilliam strengths.

Blows my mind that he is ready for SEC football from a strength standpoint. Can't wait to watch him plow the way for Lane and Hurd!

Wrestling makes you VERY strong. It makes you good in tight situations, good with hand control, and quick to react to incoming threats. Other than his obvious football talent, I would almost guarantee that it's because of his wrestling skills that he is where he is. JMO of course.

hes ready for an NFL Combine from a strength standpoint. His bench reps would have been top 10 last yr. Hes a beast.

Wrestling makes you VERY strong. It makes you good in tight situations, good with hand control, and quick to react to incoming threats. Other than his obvious football talent, I would almost guarantee that it's because of his wrestling skills that he is where he is. JMO of course.

Butch did make a point about his wrestling ability being a factor.

Reactions: 1 person
Great fit at guard in this offense even though everything points to D.

The right move is guard imo.

Glad to see we got him over to Guard so quickly.

Never saw the front end explosion of a high level DT.

The core strength of Jashon should lead to great things from him.

Seems like most of Butches' under the radar pickups are showing out.

Love to see a pulling guard destroy a LB or DE

Shoot, just give him the ball...

mascot-football-game-gif.gif

VN Store

Back