'14 TN DE Jashon Robertson (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Since he is off his franklin high horse I decided to watch his highlights. I am a fan. Plays with high motor and with a mean streak. I Always like a guy that could play both lines. Give options. Looks like he could be a mean OG paving the way for his bro Hurd if he chose to play oline instead.

This

I have been trying to say this. I'd take this guy over Sawyers all day. He is stronger than any freshman DL we have coming in. He's mean and athletic. Sittin at close to 290lbs right now and has alot of upside. He understands leverage as he was a pretty good wrestler.

Seems like he would be really active on the interior DL. I feel like Sawyers is one of those guys you wouldn't even notice in a game. We have had way too many of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
While Jashon Robertson was on campus this weekend it was to visit with Jalen hurd as those two go way back. There is some two-way interest there between Robertson and the Vols but it remains unclear if anything will become more serious than just interest by both parties.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Want

He can play.

Talk is just that... Talk. It was 2 tweets from a teenager that were posted a year ago when he was committed to a "rival" school. Who cares.

Robertson, Evans, and Scott would be my ideal finish.

Exactly how I feel about it as well.

A former Vanderbilt commitment — three-star offensive lineman/defensive tackle Jashon Robertson of Nashville’s Montgomery Bell Academy, who reopened his recruitment Saturday — was on Tennessee’s campus over the weekend to spend time with UT freshman running back Jalen Hurd, one of the Vols’ early enrollees who arrived on campus last week. Hurd and Robertson have been close for years, and Robertson likely would have some interest in UT if coach Butch Jones’ staff was to decide to make a run at him. The Vols might have at least some interest in Robertson, depending on what happens with a few of their remaining targets, but it currently appears unlikely that they will make him a high priority.

-247 Sports

we offered!!!!

So most think we would take 1 more DT and then possibly 2 if the staff decides to not wait on Thomas.

Evans
Sawyers
Robertson
Garnett
These seem to be the options as of now. Evans being the best of the bunch IMO. Hopefully we get Evans on the 24th and then one of the TN kids and call it done.

Or Thomas cancels his trips and we can only take 1 more DT.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back