'12 CA OL Matt Cochran (Cal commit)

New to the message board coming from a guy with 90 posts.

not taking sides here.. But you barely have over 200. I think you should have to have 500+ to post and 1000+ to start a thread. That would cut down on these bs call out posts.

I get on here to read about developing stories in kids were recruiting. If I don't think the info is credible, I just don't pay much attention to it. I don't tell them to go away or bash their sources, I simply ignore it.

Some of you idiots should take a lesson.. let's stay on subject.

V, B!

Reactions: 1 person
What happened to Mack 'Truck' Crowder? It wasn't to long ago that he seemed to be the heir apparent to the center job.. Some on here were ready to hand the job to him almost as soon as he stepped on campus... Now it's "if Cochran can snap the ball, he will start"........... Is/has Crowder been recruited over or has he become much needed 'depth'?..

VN always fawns and swoons over the new kid--whoever he may be and wherever he may play. Crowder was the new kid last year, Cochran is (hopefully) the new kid now. The coaches will figure it out--despite what VN posters say.

Announcing Jan. 3, looks to be Cal.

You're probably right. This is exactly why Dooley will have some recruits go home and think about things. The kid wanted to be a vol while on his visit. If the kid ends up at cal, he was always cal. Atleast this way we dont have a "flip" or someone saying we stole a recruit from Tennessee.

This was just like Otic Jacobs recruitment, i want to commit but i need to talk with the family first.

not taking sides here.. But you barely have over 200. I think you should have to have 500+ to post and 1000+ to start a thread. That would cut down on these bs call out posts.

I get on here to read about developing stories in kids were recruiting. If I don't think the info is credible, I just don't pay much attention to it. I don't tell them to go away or bash their sources, I simply ignore it.

V, B!

How can you get 500 posts if you can't post?

A lot of the BS call out threads are coming from guys with several thousand posts.

VN always fawns and swoons over the new kid--whoever he may be and wherever he may play. Crowder was the new kid last year, Cochran is (hopefully) the new kid now. The coaches will figure it out--despite what VN posters say.

Been here long enough to understand the flavor of the month syndrome.. Still curious about Crowders development.. Is Cochran good enough to pass him on the depth chart that fast? Don't mean to derail this thread but I thought it was an appropriate place to ask considering they play the same position.. Maybe someone a little closer to the team can answer about Crowders development..

V, B!

I think your an idiot for giving criteria as to who should start threads on a free message board. If you would have paid attention, I was talking about the player who this thread pertains to. Take your make believe 'board rules' to another thread if you are not liking what you are reading.........and agreed let's stay on subject.

Sooooo, where's Cochran headed?

Last edited:
Yup. I think it will be like McNeil and Santos. The recruit has a really good visit, says great things and after awhile folks think distance will play too much of a factor...and then BOOM, VFL. JMO

Hope you're right...

How can you get 500 posts if you can't post?

A lot of the BS call out threads are coming from guys with several thousand posts.

No joke, right. I think the above poster who made that comment has taken a couple of licks from that sledgehammer in his profile page.

Yup. I think it will be like McNeil and Santos. The recruit has a really good visit, says great things and after awhile folks think distance will play too much of a factor...and then BOOM, VFL. JMO

I've been thinking the same thing. Great minds...

i think your an idiot for giving criteria as to who should start threads on a free message board. If you would have paid attention, i was talking about the player who this thread pertains to. Take your make believe 'board rules' to another thread if you are not liking what you are reading.........and agreed let's stay on subject.

Sooooo, where's cochran headed?

Two posts later

no joke, right. I think the above poster who made that comment has taken a couple of licks from that sledgehammer in his profile page.

lol

Sorry to change the flow here, but it is a thread about Cochran and I have read so many posts that pretend they know something about this guy and want him to be a Vol.

Have posters actually watched his tape? If you have, compare him to Guillermo at Maryville. No comparison - Cochran is not in the same league. He controls his man on the first step with little problem because he is so big going against smaller HS kids. Then he stands up and pushes with his arms. Most of his film he had help from the guard on double teams. If the coaches want a sprint draw type blocker like they had our o-line doing for half of last season then he's your guy. But I kind of doubt that will work well in the SEC with the big DT's that have quickness to match. Seems our running game stats kind of proved that one. If they do sign this guy then it tells us that CDD is committed to the same Chaney scheme - win or lose.

Last edited:
He definitely sounded like he wanted to be a Vol after his visit. I know recruits fluff a school after a visit, but his just seemed different. He seemed more enthusiastic.

Been here long enough to understand the flavor of the month syndrome.. Still curious about Crowders development.. Is Cochran good enough to pass him on the depth chart that fast? Don't mean to derail this thread but I thought it was an appropriate place to ask considering they play the same position.. Maybe someone a little closer to the team can answer about Crowders development..

Crowder is now 290 lbs and strong enough to play. Was probably strong enough last year. He's the perfect size for center. Crowder has the fastest feet on the o-line and has Ivy League smarts. It'll be hard to pass up a kid with all those qualities. He also has a good 'team' attitude to boot.

Reactions: 2 people
Crowder is now 290 lbs and strong enough to play. Was probably strong enough last year. He's the perfect size for center. Crowder has the fastest feet on the o-line and has Ivy League smarts. It'll be hard to pass up a kid with all those qualities. He also has a good 'team' attitude to boot.

I sure hope your correct. He got to RS like so many posters on here claim to be a huge benefit for OLineman but people somehow think that means he isn't going to be a guy for us. I just don't understand how people think they can make that assumption. I have a strong feeling for the reasons you stated and reaping the benefits of RS, he is going to prove to be a very good player.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back