#1 Heat v. #2 Spurs: THE NBA FINALS!

Shut up. He's an excellent coach.

Really? Are we 12 here?

And no, he's not. He's done a really good managing the superstars and I'll give him that. He's also done well with their defense. But his substitutions/rotations are bad and he goes away from what is working way too much on offense.

He shouldn't even be acknowledging them at this point. The Decision was obviously a mistake but he's done almost everything right since then and performed at a level that no other NBA player could.

I'm no Heat fan but it's a treat to watch him play.

"The Decision" was the smartest thing he ever did, just in poor taste.

Really? Are we 12 here?

And no, he's not. He's done a really good managing the superstars and I'll give him that. He's also done well with their defense. But his substitutions/rotations are bad and he goes away from what is working way too much on offense.

Going to three straight title games and winning two is something very few can claim.

He's done it. At times he out coached the best basketball coach on the planet.

Give the man his proper due or just be quiet.

Going to three straight title games and winning two is something very few can claim.

He's done it. At times he out coached the best basketball coach on the planet.

Give the man his proper due or just be quiet.

Why? If I don't think he's that good of a coach, I can say that if I would like. It's a message board. What's the point of having dissenting opinions if all we are going to do is say "Shut up" afterwards?

He's won two titles. He hasn't ****ed it up. Good for him.

He's a top 10 NBA coach and probably top 5 right now. That doesn't automatically make him great.

Really? Are we 12 here?

Tell me more about these "superstars" you speak of?

A banged up and declining Wade. And Bosh, a guy who didn't score a point in game 7.

Anyone who thinks this team is some sort of collusion of all-stars is sorely mistaken. They're one really good player above those teams LeBron carried in Cleveland.

Last edited:
Why? If I don't think he's that good of a coach, I can say that if I would like. It's a message board. What's the point of having dissenting opinions if all we are going to do is say "Shut up" afterwards?

He's won two titles. He hasn't ****ed it up. Good for him.

He's a top 10 NBA coach and probably top 5 right now. That doesn't automatically make him great.

I suppose Phil Jackson is just another coach who "didn't "**** it up", as you say.

Don't let that Mod status go to your head buddy, it doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Reactions: 1 person
I suppose Phil Jackson is just another coach who "didn't "**** it up", as you say.

Don't let that Mod status go to your head buddy, it doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Trying to act as me being a mod as anything to do with this argument is petty and childish. Trying to say I'm full of myself because I'm a mod and don't agree with your theory that Erik Spoelstra is a great coach is so damn silly I don't know where to begin. If you can't argue without being petulant, then I'm done and have a good night. :hi:

Red Auerbach is a slouch, he simply didn't **** up having the greatest winner in team sports. Same can be said for Pat Riley, Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich.

Their success is predicated on the players they had. The coaching was irrelevant.

Trying to act as me being a mod as anything to do with this argument is petty and childish. Trying to say I'm full of myself because I'm a mod and don't agree with your theory that Erik Spoelstra is a great coach is so damn silly I don't know where to begin. If you can't argue without being petulant, then I'm done and have a good night. :hi:

You just lack the foresight to see what is happening, which is fine.

Two-time NBA champions don't grow on trees.

EVERY NBA coach that has won multiple titles did so with great players.

Why is Erik any different from them?

VN Store

Back