#1 Heat v. #2 Spurs: THE NBA FINALS!

Well let's see.... I made a comment about bandwagon Heat fans and the response was about "LeBron hate". So my reply had everything to do with the conversation.

You ever stop to think that you may be mistaking bandwagon fans for people that want Lebron to win just to shut up all the whiny biatches?

Reactions: 2 people
Spoelstra isnt a bad coach, but he's not a great one either. He did outcoach Pop late in the last 2 games.

I don't think either really outcoached the other one in terms of strategy. I thought both had some dumb rotations/subs however (Pop with the more egregious ones).

No, but it's amazing how many Heat fans appeared after James became a member of the Heat and especially after they won last year. And as I said, Miami is a notoriously fairweather sports town.

Oh, you are saying that teams that win a lot and have popular players, have lots of fans that aren't truly fans?

I'm enlightened.

Spoelstra isnt a bad coach, but he's not a great one either. He did outcoach Pop late in the last 2 games.

I think people have a misconception that anyone can take a so-called superteam to the championship. There have been quite a few examples to the contrary in all sports. It's about facilitating cohesion and he has done that. I'm not saying he's Red Auerbach but he's a really good coach.

Reactions: 1 person
No, but it's amazing how many Heat fans appeared after James became a member of the Heat and especially after they won last year. And as I said, Miami is a notoriously fairweather sports town.

Im a big fan of Lebron, making me a Heat fan by association. I became a Heat fan when he made the decision. I rooted for them in 2011 when they lost to Dallas too

In a league as dominated by personalities as the NBA it's kind of silly to complain about people having allegiances to individual players. I personally can't do it but it isn't up to me.

Not a LBJ hater but his hater speech was pretty freaking dumb.

That said, I'm really happy to see Birdman get his ring & Ray get his second. I just hope Bird doesn't OD tonight haha. Anyone want to take bets on how soon Bird is in the nearest tattoo shop?

That said, I'm really happy to see Birdman get his ring & Ray get his second. I just hope Bird doesn't OD tonight haha. Anyone want to take bets on how soon Bird is in the nearest tattoo shop?

On his way there now probably

Congrats Heat Fans on winning a 2nd NBA Championship for the 2nd Year in a Row by beating the Spurs ending their undefeated Streak in the NBA Finals.
It was far from easy after the First Round, and the Heat finished with a terrific comeback in game 6 of the NBA Finals, then finishing the Spurs in game 7 where the Spurs were unable to make clutch shots.

Can't wait for Bayless's and SASmith's reaction on ESPN First Take.

He shouldn't even be acknowledging them at this point. The Decision was obviously a mistake but he's done almost everything right since then and performed at a level that no other NBA player could.

I'm no Heat fan but it's a treat to watch him play.

37 pts and 12 rbs in game 7 of the NBA Finals, including the proverbial "dagger" jump shot with less than 30 seconds left. 69 points and 22 rebounds total in the elimination games 6 and 7. He joins Bill Russell and MJ as the only players with back-to-back league MVP's and championships over the same two years.

Lol @ the clowns who still question LeBron James. The Grizz are my team, but I always root for LeBron outside of the two times we play him a year, and have ever since his Cleveland days. And it has already been mentioned multiple times in this thread, but I love seeing his haters get all bent out of shape. And I loved Magic's comment after the game about how he's pretty much just aiming for Jordan at this point.

But I have a lot of respect for the Spurs. Even more so after this series. Game 6 will haunt them forever, but they have absolutely nothing to hang their heads about. Very, very few people, if anyone, expected them to take the Heat to a full 7. Duncan and Pop are still a couple of the all time greats, and a small part of me would have been happy to see both of them get #5, but like I said before, I'm happy for LeBron.

tumblr_mopo5qPqyS1rs5ngxo1_400.jpg

VN Store

Back