‘22 CA C Yohan Traore

If anyone thought we might schedule Memphis State in the future, I think we know it’s not happening now.

You guys are so cute calling people cheaters when paying guys isn’t illegal anymore with NIL. It’s adorable.

Coaches have been playing players for decades before NIL was even a thing.

It just makes it easier to do so.

I doubt anyone considering Memphis is thinking, “Penny is going to coach me to my max potential”

You guys are so cute calling people cheaters when paying guys isn’t illegal anymore with NIL. It’s adorable.

Just because NIL is now a thing, doesn’t eliminate dirty recruitments from happening. It’s naive to think bringing some stuff above board means no foul play will happen. If anything, it just makes the really bad stuff easy to overlook because you can just say “But NIL.”

Just because NIL is now a thing, doesn’t eliminate dirty recruitments from happening. It’s naive to think bringing some stuff above board means no foul play will happen. If anything, it just makes the really bad stuff easy to overlook because you can just say “But NIL.”

I mean other than hookers and drugs and I guess paying a kid up front before he enrolls, what else can there be?

Reactions: germanicus
Ahh yes, because Penny has so many accomplishments as a college HC.

Why else would they be impressed? 🙄
Guess these top 10 guys must prefer the shorter season of not participating in the NCAA tourney and playing in a second rate conference in front of small crowds with little tv coverage? Only makes sense

That's quite a smug post from someone who doesn't appear to understand "NIL =/= free-for-all."
NIL also doesn't mean guys still aren't getting paid under the table. Anybody landing 5 star basketball players is dirty and that includes us. Its been that way for a long time.

His point was that we have posters that want to cry foul when someone doesn't choose us, but act like we are somehow landing these kids by playing a totally different game. Kids and families aren't passing up 6 figures just to play for Rick Barnes lol

Reactions: zjcvols

VN Store

Back