‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

I think you can say "he could possibly announce his college choice in November" about any basketball recruit and not be proven wrong.

Or

“Sources say an official announcement is coming in November”

That one isn’t going to be wrong

Please do not listen to Jake Weingarten. I feel like I say this a lot, but it's important because he is cited frequently on this website. The dude is an 18-year old self-starter reporter with no sources. I'm not insulting him by saying that. I respect the hustle and the hard work he puts in, but most of his twitter feed is him taking stabs in the dark or regurgitating information he has seen second-hand, either from another more recognizable reporter or online fan forums. I might be wrong but I don't think he has ever personally broken the news about a major recruit commitment. He just follows the crowd.

I don't know anything about him, but Gary Parrish had him on his radio show recently. I could be wrong, but I doubt Gary would have on someone unless he has some contacts. I think Gary knows enough people to vet him. I didn't hear the interview, but in reviewing at the end of the show, he called him a young guy who has been getting information.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
I don't know anything about him, but Gary Parrish had him on his radio show recently. I could be wrong, but I doubt Gary would have on someone unless he has some contacts. I think Gary knows enough people to vet him. I didn't hear the interview, but in reviewing at the end of the show, he called him a young guy who has been getting information.

I'm sure Gary is helping the kid out by raising his profile. That I do not doubt. Like I said, I respect the kid's hustle and maybe one day he'll be a worthy source, but he royally mishandled the Blackshear commitment and has had some pretty big mis-fires in recent months. If you use him as a source to find out when coaches might have in-home visits/official visits with recruits, I think it's fine, because like I said he reports info from other sources. But it's when people start relying on him for information about how a recruit is generally feeling and where he might commit is when things get dicey. He just doesn't have his finger on the pulse in that regards.

Reactions: TN_gal and VolGee4
Rob Lewis says he expects to hear a decision next Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, and that’s he’s “guessing” Springer’s family is attempting to get his commitment set up on a national TV channel (ESPN).

Great for exposure. Was actually kind of hoping it wasn't going to be a low key announcement.

Reactions: Vols All Day
During his radio show in Memphis yesterday, John Martin said that Jaden is going to UT, and the announcement could come any day. Said Memphis made a push but came up short.

John is the guy who penned the piece in The Athletic a few weeks ago, claiming that it was down to Memphis and Tennessee in Jaden"s recruitment and that Memphis had a legitimate shot. He's a known Memphis homer.

Last edited:
During his radio show in Memphis yesterday, Jason Martin said that Jaden is going to UT, and the announcement could come any day. Said Memphis made a push but came up short.

Jason is the guy who penned the piece in The Athletic a few weeks ago, claiming that it was down to Memphis and Tennessee in Jaden"s recruitment and that Memphis had a legitimate shot. He's a known Memphis homer.

Sounds promising

During his radio show in Memphis yesterday, Jason Martin said that Jaden is going to UT, and the announcement could come any day. Said Memphis made a push but came up short.

Jason is the guy who penned the piece in The Athletic a few weeks ago, claiming that it was down to Memphis and Tennessee in Jaden"s recruitment and that Memphis had a legitimate shot. He's a known Memphis homer.
That was John Martin who wrote that

Reactions: TN_gal
During his radio show in Memphis yesterday, John Martin said that Jaden is going to UT, and the announcement could come any day. Said Memphis made a push but came up short.

John is the guy who penned the piece in The Athletic a few weeks ago, claiming that it was down to Memphis and Tennessee in Jaden"s recruitment and that Memphis had a legitimate shot. He's a known Memphis homer.

John Martin changing his tune is definitely a good thing. Not that Memphis really had a chance but people in Memphis think all recruits are lining up to play for Penny.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back