‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

If he goes to Michigan ... Dammit

If he goes to Memphis... FFFFUUUUUUU*****

I read Evan Daniels' Q & A with Jaden. He essentially said the same things when talking with Rob Lewis. The new thing was that Coach Barnes planned on the team to be guard dominant over the next few years.

No timeline set, but a decision will be made soon. He is going to sit down and talk about all 3 schools with his family.

Makes sense considering the overall dynamic of the NCAA and what teams have been successful as of late. Moving the 3-pt line back will help (slightly) but guard-play is more important now than ever with the focus on athletic, quick-strike guards and players who can shoot the 3-ball. Auburn dismantling North Carolina as Exhibit #1. Purdue's guard play in the NCAA tournament Exhibit #2. Etc.

Make no mistake, there is obviously still a place for an inside game, and a true big-man. I'm not saying that isn't important. Just that the nature of the game in 2019 is that most teams aren't working inside out but the other way around.

Makes sense considering the overall dynamic of the NCAA and what teams have been successful as of late. Moving the 3-pt line back will help (slightly) but guard-play is more important now than ever with the focus on athletic, quick-strike guards and players who can shoot the 3-ball. Auburn dismantling North Carolina as Exhibit #1. Purdue's guard play in the NCAA tournament Exhibit #2. Etc.

Make no mistake, there is obviously still a place for an inside game, and a true big-man. I'm not saying that isn't important. Just that the nature of the game in 2019 is that most teams aren't working inside out but the other way around.

Yes, I think it's the sign of the times, and how the game is evolving. Last season, the one knock that CBB pundits had with the team is that some thought it was "old school" with its inside game, and that's why some felt the team wouldn't get as far in the Tourney. With our current roster, we have several bigs who can step out and shoot the 3 (Plavsic and Pember come to mind.) Perhaps the addition of Coach English has brought a new perspective for Coach Barnes and staff.

boom.png

That guy has been wrong on multiple occasions within the past year. I don’t believe anything he has to say.
Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt this drags on another 3 weeks. Anything could happen, but there is really no sound reason it should last beyond the weekend. I guess it is possible he makes a decision quickly (he perhaps already has) and simply waits to announce it. Not much to gain by doing that, IMO, but it’s possible.

Please do not listen to Jake Weingarten. I feel like I say this a lot, but it's important because he is cited frequently on this website. The dude is an 18-year old self-starter reporter with no sources. I'm not insulting him by saying that. I respect the hustle and the hard work he puts in, but most of his twitter feed is him taking stabs in the dark or regurgitating information he has seen second-hand, either from another more recognizable reporter or online fan forums. I might be wrong but I don't think he has ever personally broken the news about a major recruit commitment. He just follows the crowd.

Reactions: TN_gal
I think you can say "he could possibly announce his college choice in November" about any basketball recruit and not be proven wrong.

VN Store

Back