‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Things have gone very quiet on the DC front. Has there been any recent news on his recruitment?
Not that I am aware of. He is in the middle of his season, at this point, so I would expect things to pick up a bit as spring approaches and the late signing period.

Kid was a star tonight on both ends of the floor. Nearly had a triple-double. He is a PG at the next level, IMO. He made some real heady plays in traffic.

Side note: Matthew Murrell can flat out shoot it. Ole Miss is getting a good one.

Reactions: Stoked and The Dog
Kid was a star tonight on both ends of the floor. Nearly had a triple-double. He is a PG at the next level, IMO. He made some real heady plays in traffic.

Side note: Matthew Murrell can flat out shoot it. Ole Miss is getting a good one.

Agreed springer is the Pg of the future no doubt in my mind

Reactions: ArdentVol

Positive development if he’s a legit PG imo...would allow us to play Bailey more at the 2, and possibly even Vescovi or James off ball.

Positive development if he’s a legit PG imo...would allow us to play Bailey more at the 2, and possibly even Vescovi or James off ball.
At the risk of putting too much stock in a small sample size, after watching Springer last night, and knowing his biggest "weakness" (least developed asset is probably more accurate) is his outside shot, I really, really believe he will play PG and Vescovi at SG, next season. Their respective current strengths almost demand it. Vescovi may play some spot minutes at PG, may even be the outright 2nd option there with continued improvement and familiarity with the system, but that is a luxury we will have.

Springer, James, Vescovi, and Bailey...we are going from the outhouse to the penthouse in one season, as far as PG options and depth go.

Reactions: i2amavol
I’m not sure if you all seen some of the clips from the game or not, but Springer had a few incredibly athletic plays. It was impressive. On one he caught a pass thrown from the other end of the court, spun, and slammed in one fluid motion.

College basketball is going to be stunned next year when they see THIS team right now and it’s struggles develop back into a consistent Top 10 team almost overnight. So much depth on next year’s roster it’s insane.

After watching Springer last night, and knowing his biggest "weakness" (least developed asset is probably more accurate) is his outside shot.
Outside shooting and inside play will be two of the potential issues with the team next year. We got a chance to be very special next year, but we need to shore up those two issues. I think Barnes is going to need to make some tough decisions this spring like moving on from a developmental player to shore the roster up for a shot at something very special.

Outside shooting and inside play will be two of the potential issues with the team next year. We got a chance to be very special next year, but we need to shore up those two issues. I think Barnes is going to need to make some tough decisions this spring like moving on from a developmental player to shore the roster up for a shot at something very special.

I actually think next year’s team is already pretty well-rounded. Outside shooting might not be a strength, but I don’t think it will be a weakness. James, Bailey, Keon, and Vescovi can all shoot the ball. Springer I think will develop a shot. And Gaines could be a wild card in that regards.

I think next year’s roster is pretty much set, except for potentially Jalen Johnson transferring and Barnes picking up some grad transfer big man.

At the risk of putting too much stock in a small sample size, after watching Springer last night, and knowing his biggest "weakness" (least developed asset is probably more accurate) is his outside shot, I really, really believe he will play PG and Vescovi at SG, next season. Their respective current strengths almost demand it. Vescovi may play some spot minutes at PG, may even be the outright 2nd option there with continued improvement and familiarity with the system, but that is a luxury we will have.

Springer, James, Vescovi, and Bailey...we are going from the outhouse to the penthouse in one season, as far as PG options and depth go.
I watched. First time I have seen him play a full game (as opposed to highlights). Day 1 starter. He is a stud. I completely agree with you that he plays PG and allows Vescovi to not have too much ball handling responsibilities. Springer is just very comfortable with the ball in his hands. Good passer. Good penetrator. So much athleticism. And I just love the way he plays the game. I knew he was really good but seeing him in that game just took it up a notch. IMG has another ESPN game later this month I believe.

Reactions: cncchris33
$20 is ridiculous for a high school game. Of course, Catholic fans will get passes so they won’t pay that.

VN Store

Back