Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

I would say probably at least 20 wins and a top five finish in the SEC. I don't think they will get to hard on her until the team is her players. For her that is going to come fast. Kellie not leaving anybody after this season only 3 roster players Cooper, Boyd, and Ace if they are still here.

If she messed up the streak ? What do we think ?

Reactions: Vols919
Hope KC can get Nyla Brooks and Finley Chastain to re-commit. GBO.
This, and her ability to achieve a level of success in the transfer portal in the next couple of days will, I believe, give all of us an indication regarding her chances of success at Tennessee. If she can pull in a solid post player, or two, and a strong scoring wing, as well as holding on to the nucleus of the current roster, she will, at least, have a chance to keep/put the Lady Vols in the hunt in the SEC.

Jim

Its kinda amusing that some of the LV posters that have bashed most of Kellie's players all season that were not SEC caliber are not fretting that they may leave.

I don't see more than 2-3 specific players leaving would be that big a deal that the new coach couldn't replace quickly. Yeah maybe season 1 will be a challenge but a BB roster can be built up fast. How about giving her a chance before showing up to her house with the pitch forks.

This, and her ability to achieve a level of success in the transfer portal in the next couple of days will, I believe, give all of us an indication regarding her chances of success at Tennessee. If she can pull in a solid post player, or two, and a strong scoring wing, as well as holding on to the nucleus of the current roster, she will, at least, have a chance to keep/put the Lady Vols in the hunt in the SEC.

Jim
We need a starting Pg, Wing, and Center.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
He obviously did not want to pay to get the best person for this job. There is also the chance that firing Harper who has a decent level of success was an issue with some of the top notch coaches.

Wishing her success but expecting some really difficult years coming up which may include seeing the program sink to unthinkable lows.
What would you consider "unthinkable lows? My prediction for the upcoming season is that the LVs will have a better record than last year and will host in the NCAAT. They also will finish in the top 3 in the SEC. GBO.

Somewhat surprising, but got to give her a chance. My question is will the Hayes family return to the Lady Vol program? 🤔

I will be behind Kim Caldwell 100% until I can’t. I just know of her from volnation. I kind of feel like when we hired Botch Jones. Like Who the heck is she. I wish her the best of luck here!!!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Outside Rikea Jackson how many Lady Vols would have gotten real playing time on any team in the Final Four?🤔
not what i was implying, i’m just saying the marshall players are not on the same
level as the lady vol players. if they were, they would be at a bigger D1 school. that’s no hate to them, they had an amazing season last year at marshall, but they can stay there 😊.

If she messed up the streak ? What do we think ?
Hard to say fans will be like crazy and nuts. I really think she better do all she can to not end that streak unless they all start leaving she has a good nucleus. She needs post players another good scorer should be enough to get to the NCAA again. Worry for her more than next season is 2025 when she needs like 10 players from somewhere.

What would you consider "unthinkable lows? My prediction for the upcoming season is that the LVs will have a better record than last year and will host in the NCAAT. They also will finish in the top 3 in the SEC. GBO.
whew those are some big dreams. i’d love to see it.

With this hire being made in early April, I rank Tennessee 3rd in the SEC to start the season:

1. South Carolina
2. LSU
3. Tennessee
4. Texas
5. Alabama

Reactions: Volfan1000
You are right in most circumstances. But presume the worst case for a second. Jewel Spear hits the portal, strikeout in portal, no high school recruits, wins less than 10 games next year.

Then yes he's going to come under significant fire.
Agree with your comments. My question to you though is how convinced are you that CKJH was going to find another RJ in the portal to save her. Slim or none.

Remember what this years team looked like without RJ. Struggled.

Hard to say fans will be like crazy and nuts. I really think she better do all she can to not end that streak unless they all start leaving she has a good nucleus. She needs post players another good scorer should be enough to get to the NCAA again. Worry for her more than next season is 2025 when she needs like 10 players from somewhere.
If we don’t get any players on Nyla Brooks lever or better in 2025 class, we Will be looking for another coach.

This fanbase cracks me up. ALWAYS expects the white whale. We haven't hired one of those since Johnny Majors in any sport I can think of. Maybe I'm forgetting one, but even Rick wasn't a white whale since he was coming off of getting fired at Texas.

Relax.

VN Store

Back