Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

If we have sucked for years and years then yes I would have agreed.

This isn’t football, this isn’t baseball where we’ve sucked the previous 15+ years. If it was one of those sports, or if the lady vols have sucked for that long, then I’d be agreeing, but this is the lady vols, the only team that has made the tournament every single year.

This is absolutely the wrong hire for a prestigious program.
Disagree. She's a young hot commodity. She will just keep on winning here, like she has everywhere.

She'll have resources like she's never had before. She'll get SEC level talent. I believe she'll have a great career in DW's athletic department.

I'll put my money on it now. She'll be in the sweet 16 this year and final 4 by year 3.

I am wondering if it is vapor too...bc, from my friends,, I have heard Kim Stephens name but have not personally heard Kim Caldwell's...My own take: with the high action around each of them I would not be surprised if both Kim's, Sam and an 4th opening will be in TN's immediate future

Arguably, coach Sam is the only one who did her job. She got the recruits in here (that is her job,,,closing the deal is the HC's job)...Also the players under her guidance all showed improvement
Hope UT keeps her.

Disagree. She's a young hot commodity. She will just keep on winning here, like she has everywhere.

She'll have resources like she's never had before. She'll get SEC level talent. I believe she'll have a great career in DW's athletic department.

I'll put my money on it now. She'll be in the sweet 16 this year and final 4 by year 3.

I'll do $1000.

We don’t know what was going on between them, could have been issues.
No DUI’s or other off-court stuff. He’s never been categorized as a Fulmer type who gets into personal confrontations. Either way we’ll never know for sure because he runs a professional tight ship and doesn’t disparage past employees. Mine is he gave her a three season blank slate added to her preexisting two season exhibit to prove a positive upward process…and she came up lacking. Good coach but no higher ceiling. My theory…nothing more.

Reactions: Bret178
If she is our coach we are going to need a completely different roster or next season is going to be an j holy disaster.

Her entire system is based off pressing for 40 minutes, 5 in 5 out sub patterns and three point shooting.

Nothing on our roster is designed for that exact maybe Cooper and Wynn. We don’t have anyone in good enough condition or past enough to press for 40 minutes.

Also just not sure you can successfully press all the teams in the SEC. It’s a different level of basketball and coaching than the D2 level. Just a fact.
Partner keeps swearing to me that she will change her system because that’s not sustainable in the SEC. We renewed our season tickets, so I guess we’ll get to see first hand 🫠

Well I'm on board let's roll with Kim see what she can do. I like everything about her system just worry about getting the players. Her style of basketball and the ways she thinks the game are outstanding. Will she have the athletes to win in the big time.

She's not a "hot commodity." Silly. So hot that Kentucky hired her--oh, wait. Or Virginia Tech? Nope. How many other coaches have been
hired in recent weeks. More than a few, I'm sure. Major programs weren't beating down her door. Would they be in three/four years if she kept
winning the Sun Belt conference? No, but some bigger mid-major or less major would probably hire her.

Well I'm on board let's roll with Kim see what she can do. I like everything about her system just worry about getting the players. Her style of basketball and the ways she thinks the game are outstanding. Will she have the athletes to win in the big time.

I'm on board because of the legacy and Pat but let me be clear! She doesn't get a pass if she doesn't make the tourney year 1! Every coach has made it. This wasn't a complete rebuild so times tickin...

Go Lady Vols !

VN Store

Back