Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Agree with your comments. My question to you though is how convinced are you that CKJH was going to find another RJ in the portal to save her. Slim or none.

Remember what this years team looked like without RJ. Struggled.

There isn’t another RJ that’s the issue lol.

We were in deep trouble with Harper at the helm. This is somewhat terrifying but at least we have a chance at improvement. We were going to be worse or the same next season under the same leadership.

Probably would have gotten Petty from the portal who in 0 ways is capable of replacing what Jackson brought.

My greatest hope is that she makes terrific first impressions on recruits and their families, and that she can persuade them to give her a chance. She supposedly has high-octane offense and defense, and that could be attractive. Winning COY is no small thing.

Players today can actually take a chance on a new coach because if they take that chance, play a year and decide they don't think that program is right for them, they can easily transfer.

Hopefully some great players will look at it like, "I'll sign a one-year lease on this coach car, and if I like how she's driving it I'll keep it. If not, I'll turn it back in for another one!"

Gotta keep our fingers crossed she'll get a fair shake. She LOOKS friendly and sweet, so hopefully she win 'em over. She'll have help -- hopefully makes some good choices.

GO LADY VOLS!

I watched her post game press conference after the sun belt conference championship game...

A few things that stood out to me, very positive and engaging demeanor, and body language.

- was asked about her system, she said very simply we want to have as many possessions as possible, the more possessions we have the stats show we have best chance to win (reminded me of Heup)

- asked about loving her players and not relaxing standard. She admits human nature whrn you really Love your team, you don't want to push them hard and be hard making things tough on them. She then states that would be cheating them of special moments. So no matter what she will keep the standard. She said she told them at beginning of camp very simple phrase "hate me now love me later"

I do like her, just had other's I liked more. But several positives that give hope could be a big time hire.

My greatest hope is that she makes terrific first impressions on recruits and their families, and that she can persuade them to give her a chance. She supposedly has high-octane offense and defense, and that could be attractive. Winning COY is no small thing.

Players today can actually take a chance on a new coach because if they take that chance, play a year and decide they don't think that program is right for them, they can easily transfer.

Hopefully some great players will look at it like, "I'll sign a one-year lease on this coach car, and if I like how she's driving it I'll keep it. If not, I'll turn it back in for another one!"

Gotta keep our fingers crossed she'll get a fair shake. She LOOKS friendly and sweet, so hopefully she win 'em over. She'll have help -- hopefully makes some good choices.

GO LADY VOLS!

Very good point lvocd

GO LADY VOLS!
Evidently she made a huge impression on Danny. If you see that time when Marshall hired her that AD was like overflowing with happiness that he hired her and that was before they had played a game. So she seems to have that type of personality that connects we'll see if it works with players cause she has work to do right now for next season.

I’m excited. I love her brand of basketball. She will fill TBA. If she can sell herself to DW, She certainly can sell herself and Tennessee to to many great recruits.Happy Days!!!

not what i was implying, i’m just saying the marshall players are not on the same
level as the lady vol players. if they were, they would be at a bigger D1 school. that’s no hate to them, they had an amazing season last year at marshall, but they can stay there 😊.
I'm saying a lot of the LV roster aren't top SEC caliber players.

I watched her post game press conference after the sun belt conference championship game...

A few things that stood out to me, very positive and engaging demeanor, and body language.

- was asked about her system, she said very simply we want to have as many possessions as possible, the more possessions we have the stats show we have best chance to win (reminded me of Heup)

- asked about loving her players and not relaxing standard. She admits human nature whrn you really Love your team, you don't want to push them hard and be hard making things tough on them. She then states that would be cheating them of special moments. So no matter what she will keep the standard. She said she told them at beginning of camp very simple phrase "hate me now love me later"

I do like her, just had other's I liked more. But several positives that give hope could be a big time hire.
You stated a lot of what I like about her. She likes to win the rebounding and turnover stats and build those possessions. They had 82 against Va Tech to Techs 67 but you have to shoot the ball and they shot 24 percent that game.

If it happens next season it’s really Harper’s fault.
Bull crap. Kellie is a beast in the portal and i’m sure she would have got people to make us better. It’s on the this new coach to get players out of the portal and she has no excuses. Get out there and get them.

Reactions: KrazyVolFan
This fanbase cracks me up. ALWAYS expects the white whale. We haven't hired one of those since Johnny Majors in any sport I can think of. Maybe I'm forgetting one, but even Rick wasn't a white whale since he was coming off of getting fired at Texas.

Relax.
I really wanted the "white whale" in this search, Hammon or Gottlieb, but if they weren't coming then this was the best hire. It's risky, but I trust DW.

If she messed up the streak ? What do we think ?
CJH first year record wasn’t all because of his coaching and the LBB record next year will not all be on the new coach even though it will get assigned to her.

Rosters are a result of the work completed by a coach the previous 5 years….

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Most negative comments need to be kept to themselves, nothing gained. Most negative comments will be from those that don't know sh$t. Behind the scenes in finding a coach you know nothing.
Bottom line is that she is a tremendous coach of basketball. That's what we needed.
Get behind her full force
Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back