Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

What do you call your designated hitter at the plate with the bases loaded? A grand slam!

Welcome to Rocky Top Kim Caldwell! One of if not the best coaching minds in WBB. Tennessee will run teams out of the gym night and night out. Lets go!!
Totally agree she understands what it takes to win and her system is built to make that happen. You need much more talent at this level than she has ever had. So her first job is in the next three to four weeks to improve that roster dramatically.

Disagree. She's a young hot commodity. She will just keep on winning here, like she has everywhere.

She'll have resources like she's never had before. She'll get SEC level talent. I believe she'll have a great career in DW's athletic department.

I'll put my money on it now. She'll be in the sweet 16 this year and final 4 by year 3.

If Caldwell is hired you may want to put your money somewhere else. I would recommend the Lady Vols NIL collective because they will need to spend big to make up for the lack of name recognition by recruits and portal players.

In addition, Caldwell will have an uphill fight on her hands convincing Cooper and Spear, et al. to stay. With Spear in her COVID year, would she really want to stay for a rebuild with an unknown head coach and a questionable roster?

I had a dream a few nights ago, fans showed up in droves to the press conference and the poor girl quit on the spot. I’ll see you all there tomorrow.

Man this is just a horrible feeling. La Tech, ODU.. we are on our way.

All jokes aside, I guess I’ll give her a chance… but I’m just shocked to say the least

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Football after our best coach: Dooley, Butch, Pruitt, finally Hype

Womens basketball after our best coach: Warlick, Harper, Stephens

WE ARE ALMOST THERE GUYS, JUST ONE MORE COACHING CHANGE
You’re skipping over WHO made the hires…so your sequence is off. 😏

So many of you all wanted Kellie gone, so now here you go! An unproven D1 coach. Hopefully she will step up and be successful. I will be root for her regardless. She has been successful everywhere she has been, so hopefully it translates to UT. We need recruits though so hopefully she is or has good recruiters as assistant coaches
While I didn't mind giving KH 1 more year...

She ain't unproven lol. Unless you consider winning your league reg + tourney IN YEAR ONE unproven.

She also crushed it in D2. Believe it or not, that's coaching too. The only difference is the talent of players. Thus, it's all relative.

VN Store

Back