Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Well I'm on board let's roll with Kim see what she can do. I like everything about her system just worry about getting the players. Her style of basketball and the ways she thinks the game are outstanding. Will she have the athletes to win in the big time.
Get an ace recruiter and she will be fine.

I'll do 25,000*

*dollhairs

I'm just saying, not even Staley made a NCAA tourney in her first 3 seasons, and you're talking about a final 4, my guy come on. You're basically saying she's going to be better than Staley.

I don't care how one off season can change the dynamic of a team with NIL, she ain't making a final four in the first 3 seasons. Period.

Disagree. She's a young hot commodity. She will just keep on winning here, like she has everywhere.

She'll have resources like she's never had before. She'll get SEC level talent. I believe she'll have a great career in DW's athletic department.

I'll put my money on it now. She'll be in the sweet 16 this year and final 4 by year 3.

Such a hot commodity that no one else went for her in their coaching searches... but yet she was the one chosen to lead one of the most storied programs in basketball history. LOL

She's not a "hot commodity." Silly. So hot that Kentucky hired her--oh, wait. Or Virginia Tech? Nope. How many other coaches have been
hired in recent weeks. More than a few, I'm sure. Major programs weren't beating down her door. Would they be in three/four years if she kept
winning the Sun Belt conference? No, but some bigger mid-major or less major would probably hire her.
Because they have a weak-minded AD who crumbled under pressure from their "old-guard"

Reactions: tnktm and COOKEVOL
If we have sucked for years and years then yes I would have agreed.

This isn’t football, this isn’t baseball where we’ve sucked the previous 15+ years. If it was one of those sports, or if the lady vols have sucked for that long, then I’d be agreeing, but this is the lady vols, the only team that has made the tournament every single year.

This is absolutely the wrong hire for a prestigious program.
Need a different energy and that’s more enabled with a younger, hungrier coach imo. Underestimating White’s impressive history of interviewing candidates is a losing hand.

If she is our coach we are going to need a completely different roster or next season is going to be an j holy disaster.

Her entire system is based off pressing for 40 minutes, 5 in 5 out sub patterns and three point shooting.

Nothing on our roster is designed for that exact maybe Cooper and Wynn. We don’t have anyone in good enough condition or past enough to press for 40 minutes.

Also just not sure you can successfully press all the teams in the SEC. It’s a different level of basketball and coaching than the D2 level. Just a fact.

A holy disaster next year and it will be done except for the final number on the buyout. She has to have a good year one or the narrative will take over.

I'm just saying, not even Staley made a NCAA tourney in her first 3 seasons, and you're talking about a final 4, my guy come on.

I don't care how one off season can change the dynamic of a team with NIL, she ain't making a final four in the first 3 seasons. Period.
Not the first 3 seasons, by year 3. If not the FF, she'll be in the EE.

Disagree. She's a young hot commodity. She will just keep on winning here, like she has everywhere.

She'll have resources like she's never had before. She'll get SEC level talent. I believe she'll have a great career in DW's athletic department.

I'll put my money on it now. She'll be in the sweet 16 this year and final 4 by year 3.
Bruce Pearl vibe…as far as energy and using what you got. And now BBQ’s are legal!

So many of you all wanted Kellie gone, so now here you go! An unproven D1 coach. Hopefully she will step up and be successful. I will be root for her regardless. She has been successful everywhere she has been, so hopefully it translates to UT. We need recruits though so hopefully she is or has good recruiters as assistant coaches

VN Store

Back