Recruiting Football Talk VII

A body found in the Cumberland River this morning has been confirmed to be the body of missing Missouri student Riley Strain. Sad ending, but at least his family gets some closure.
My wife told me about this. Very sad and tragic. Probably could have been prevented at multiple times before he ended up anywhere close to the water. Just very sad.

Technically..... no he isn't.

Problem is.... he is the architect of it.
Calipari's teams in past played defense ex( Anthony Davis, MKG and so on).

The last 3 or 4 years these 5* recruits don't play defense like the ones he recruited in his earlier years.

If I was Cal I would get the hell out of Kentucky. Then they can hire a Billy Gillespie type again.

Last edited:
Are we the only fanbase that literally hates a sweet old Nun?
I think it's extreme sarcasm. She's an awesome old lady and one of the greatest Cinderella stories in CBB history involved her. There's zero reason for anyone to hate her.

That's the comedy of it imo. It happened to us and so we feel an ironic requirement to joke about her actually being an evil old lady who hexed us.

Oof. . . it just occurred to me that we're only halfway through the first round, 😂. . .

I do have one bracket still at 97.4% though. . .
good-good-for-you.gif

I've missed skipping work for the opening rounds so much. I'm so glad I took off. I am going to have to pace myself over the next couple days.

My current level.....View attachment 628354
G
B
O
*For anyone wondering..... 12.5 hours is enough basketball for 1 day. My phone quit around midnight, I did at 12:45.

Day 2 opening tip is at 12:15

GBO

Calipari takes a lot of heat from fan base. They are so delusional they think they should win National Championship every freaking season.

The Alabama of College Basketball..
My post wasn't anything about Calipari...it was something Candace Parker said. She said something like she was glad Knecht was found his rythym again because he had been on a 4-21 stretch.

I hope he plays his best all the way through this tournament...we need everybody to all play at their best to get through this.

I think Oregon is probably going to thrash Chreighton, and if we get through Texas and face Oregon it will be a super tough matchup for us.

Oregons record and seeding are an absolute mirage. They look lethal.

Last edited:
I think it's extreme sarcasm. She's an awesome old lady and one of the greatest Cinderella stories in CBB history involved her. There's zero reason for anyone to hate her.

That's the comedy of it imo. It happened to us and so we feel an ironic requirement to joke about her actually being an evil old lady who hexed us.
Yeah, it's all ironic. No one hates her but she is an enemy of the Vol state after that run lol

My post wasn't anything about Calipari...it was something Candace Parker said. She said something like she was glad Knecht was found his rythym again because he had been on a 4-21 stretch.

I hope he plays his best all tbe wat through this tournament...we need everybody to all play at their best to get through this.

I think Oregon is probably going to thrash Chreighton, and if we get through Texas and face Oregon it will be a super tough matchup for us.

Oregons record and seeding are an absolute mirage. They look lethal.
The big guy #1 is finally healthy. Dana Altman is a very good coach and understated recruiter..I agree Oregon takes out Creighton..

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
👀 sheesh!..refs shouldn’t be allowed to call fouls (Under 2 minutes!) unless it’s obvious…I think they need to implement each coaches having 2 challenges..to give this bs some balance in the game…they did it in baseball so why not💁🏽‍♂️

View attachment 628673
While I completely disagree that refs should change calls based on the time left in the game, I 100% support your challenge idea. That was a tough call in real time, so challenged reviews would certainly help.

"When asked where it all went wrong, Calipari blamed youth. With a roster he built, thirty-three games into the season, and ten months after most of the players arrived on campus, he pinned it on youth.

"We made some critical mistakes at critical times again today. I mean we had our chances. As good as they played and as many shots as they made, we still had our chances. And both on defense and offense. And when you have a really young team and you look at where did the mistakes come from, they were freshmen.” "
He is an idiot that will just keep on trying to catch lightning in a bottle like he did with that one great stacked young team.

He is too dumb, stubborn and impatient to do it that way.
I just believe Calipari is in a damned if he does or damned if he don't situation at Kentucky.

Saying that I believe any Basketball coach at Kentucky would be in same situation as well.

Some still believe Adolph Rupp or Joe B. Hall is going to walk through the door and lead them again.

Calipari's teams in past played defense ex( Anthony Davis, MKG and so on).

The last 3 or 4 years these 5* recruits don't play defense like the ones he recruited in his earlier years.

If I was Cal I would get the hell out of Kentucky. Then they can hire a Billy Gillespie type again.

I've got a suspicion he's not gonna have to worry about that. Zero chance he leaves on his own and throws away what? 30 some million?

As for the defense....... HIS players, HIS blueprint, HIS job

Is a copout blaming something on the players that HE recruited.

Edit: That 2023 class(#1, 2, 4, 7, and 22 players in the nation!) was insane on paper.... at least. Gives credence to the old saying that "there's no I in team" though.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back