Recruiting Football Talk VII

I still don’t see how he hit the shot where he twists his body in mid air.

i feel like this is the back end of one of those "how it started"..."how it's going now" deals....and i can't help but think this is how it started..........
along-came-polly-basketball.gif

Yea and the refs already spend a half hour at the scorers table reviewing stupid intentional fouls and OOBs calls.

They're not changing the rules to prolong the game for reviewing every questionable blocked shot.

Why not have 2 challenges per game? They didn't have that in football or baseball until they changed the rules. Is weird to not have the option in basketball. JMO

Calipari takes a lot of heat from fan base. They are so delusional the think they should win National Championship every freaking season.

The Alabama of College Basketball..

They definitely are a delusional lot but they have lost 4 out of their last 5 tournament games.

This is with an absolutely stacked roster each year while making millions per year to coach it. He deserves much of the heat that he is getting.

Is a cautionary tale on building a roster with one and dones.

And the Alabama reference is spot on! That is exactly what they believe.

Great win last night, but I think that will be our only "gimme warmup" game moving forward...

JJJ--- 0 points, FG- 0-2, 3pt- 0-1

Vescovi--- 6 points, FG- 2-5, 3pt- 2-4

LOVE these super seniors, but this simply won't get it done with the rest of our games if we want to advance. Yes JJJ can play defense and V is a passing machine, but we are going to need everyone stepping up against TX, OR/Creighton and beyond. Wonder if Barnes will adjust the starting 5 for the game Saturday?

I’m going to be honest after taking 5 years of Spanish in school- I would have pronounced the two “ll” like a “y.” But apparently it’s not.
Logical, and it might be. But being he's from Maine I think its less likely than if he were from, say, Texas or California.

"When asked where it all went wrong, Calipari blamed youth. With a roster he built, thirty-three games into the season, and ten months after most of the players arrived on campus, he pinned it on youth.

"We made some critical mistakes at critical times again today. I mean we had our chances. As good as they played and as many shots as they made, we still had our chances. And both on defense and offense. And when you have a really young team and you look at where did the mistakes come from, they were freshmen.” "

"When asked where it all went wrong, Calipari blamed youth. With a roster he built, thirty-three games into the season, and ten months after most of the players arrived on campus, he pinned it on youth.

"We made some critical mistakes at critical times again today. I mean we had our chances. As good as they played and as many shots as they made, we still had our chances. And both on defense and offense. And when you have a really young team and you look at where did the mistakes come from, they were freshmen.” "
0545fc2c4e76f68ccb27412c4113beaa.gif
(That's his excuse every year. These narcissistic coaches drive me nuts. He sounds just like Saban before he quit.... or really, anytime he lost. "I'm in total control of everything surrounding this program but none of its failures are my fault." Bless your $10 million per year heart. Calipari's done in Lexington.)

Last edited:

He's not wrong...perhaps get a few top recruits and then focus on a base of upper classmen.

VN Store

Back