Recruiting Football Talk VII

Great win last night, but I think that will be our only "gimme warmup" game moving forward...

JJJ--- 0 points, FG- 0-2, 3pt- 0-1

Vescovi--- 6 points, FG- 2-5, 3pt- 2-4

LOVE these super seniors, but this simply won't get it done with the rest of our games if we want to advance. Yes JJJ can play defense and V is a passing machine, but we are going to need everyone stepping up against TX, OR/Creighton and beyond. Wonder if Barnes will adjust the starting 5 for the game Saturday?
agreed. it's hard to get mad about a 30 pt win.

but i left the game thinking the same tihng. i'll give Vescovi this...he at least saw the ball go thru the net and he had a good defensive night too. he still sometimes looks to pass TOO much. there was one play in the second half where he was driving to the basket, looked like he was about to lay it in and in mid air decided to dump it off, and the ball goes out of bounds. we were up by 26 and i had to catch myself before i made myself look stupid for yelling about it...but i was like "just shoot it!!! there doesn't always have to be an "extra pass"!!!! "

JJJ...i would say he did not have a good game at all. solid-ish rebounding...but he had some brain farts with the ball in his hand, and his shot looked terrible.

I hate being critical of either of those two becaue they have meant a ton to this program and i believe both are gonna be great ambassadors for us after they're done. those two have been here for our 1st SEC tournament title in the last 40 years, a regular season title and 5 straight ncaa tournaments and a ton of meaningful, exciting, big time wins.

i think i'm mostly sad that they seem to be going out like this. they just don't look like super seniors should, especially super seniors that have spent their entire careers at one school, under one coach.

March 22, 1934
The "Augusta National Invitation Tournament" officially began.

"A tradition unlike any other," in the now-famous words of CBS broadcaster Jim Nantz, the golf competition was renamed the Masters Tournament in 1939 and moved to the first full week of April in 1948.

Ralph Stonehouse, fueled by a January victory in the 1934 Miami Open, did the honors of driving the very first ball in the new tournament at 9:45 a.m.

Golf legend Horton Smith won the inaugural Masters; he earned his second title in 1936.

1711118120075.png

Damn, that's a Cold-Ass Honkey! - Reaction GIFs

Why not have 2 challenges per game? They didn't have that in football or baseball until they changed the rules. Is weird to not have the option in basketball. JMO
They have that in the NBA and it's a fantastic rule. you can literally review anything and it seems like almost every time the refs get it right upon review. they even look at the play as a whole and may make a ruling you didn't even challenge. i.e. you're challenging a foul call on your team, and upon review your player did in fact foul BUT the ball handler traveled before the foul occurred so you still get the ball back. It's been a refreshing rule addition to the pro game.

Live look at my bracket this morning:

i did 3 brackets. 8-8, 8-8, 9-7. good news, in my worst bracket, i still have 14 of 16 in the sweet 16, and all of my elite 8 in 2 of them, and all 3 final fours are still intact.

i just picked the wrong upsets. i picked Miss St to win in all 3. i picked Texas Tech to win in all 2 of 3. i picked McNeese St to win in one of them. i had Samford beating KU in 2 of them.....i had TX losing in 2 of them.

oh, now, i did have UK getting beat in round 2 in 2 of them and in the elite 8 in one of them.

i have us getting beat by creighton in the sweet 16 in one. i have us losing in the Elite 8 to Purdue in one and us losing to Houston in the final 4 in one. :)

Oregon is NOT "finally healthy" they are still missing Bittle, Cook and Barthelemy. These are three excellent players.
Jeez....how do teams stack so many great players?. I wish we could stack a bunch of great offensive players and still get RBs ferocious team defense...THAT team would be a absolute juggernaut.

"When asked where it all went wrong, Calipari blamed youth. With a roster he built, thirty-three games into the season, and ten months after most of the players arrived on campus, he pinned it on youth.

"We made some critical mistakes at critical times again today. I mean we had our chances. As good as they played and as many shots as they made, we still had our chances. And both on defense and offense. And when you have a really young team and you look at where did the mistakes come from, they were freshmen.” "
Cartman Throw Under The Bus GIF - Cartman Throw Under The Bus Toss Under  The Bus - Discover & Share GIFs

i did 3 brackets. 8-8, 8-8, 9-7. good news, in my worst bracket, i still have 14 of 16 in the sweet 16, and all of my elite 8 in 2 of them, and all 3 final fours are still intact.

i just picked the wrong upsets. i picked Miss St to win in all 3. i picked Texas Tech to win in all 2 of 3. i picked McNeese St to win in one of them. i had Samford beating KU in 2 of them.....i had TX losing in 2 of them.

oh, now, i did have UK getting beat in round 2 in 2 of them and in the elite 8 in one of them.

i have us getting beat by creighton in the sweet 16 in one. i have us losing in the Elite 8 to Purdue in one and us losing to Houston in the final 4 in one. :)

Oof. . . it just occurred to me that we're only halfway through the first round, 😂. . .

I do have one bracket still at 97.4% though. . .

Last edited:

VN Store

Back