Electric Vehicles

Driver for rideshare firm Revel sues Tesla over claims his work car suddenly accelerated at high speed with no brakes and only stopped after he deliberately crashed it into empty parking space

A New York City man is suing Tesla claiming that when he started one of their eco-friendly electronic cars, it took off 'suddenly and automatically' due to a break failure, causing him 'serious and permanent' injuries.

Akm Shamsuzzaman, a rideshare driver for Revel, was working on January 29, 2023 at the company's New York City dispatch garage, where he'd been assigned a Tesla to drive that day.

According to a lawsuit filed in New York State Supreme Court Tuesday, he tried to start the vehicle with a key card but it would not start.

He tried it a second time and the vehicle started at once and accelerated forward, out of Shamsuzzaman's control.

Driver for rideshare firm Revel sues Tesla over claims his work car suddenly accelerated | Daily Mail Online

Biden administration Delays Fuel Credit Program for Electric car makers

The Biden administration has dropped a proposal that would have benefited carmakers creating renewable fuel used to charge up electric vehicles.

The proposal would require carmakers, such as Tesla and Rivian, to be included in the 18-year-old Renewable Fuel Standard requiring refiners to mix biofuels into gasoline and diesel. The credit program would have allowed electric car manufacturers to meet the requirements by claiming credits if they use electricity generated from natural gas.

The benefit automakers would have enjoyed from this proposal would have been tradeable credits known as “renewable identification numbers,” which refiners use to show they are meeting quotas. Under the now-dropped plan, automakers could receive e-renewable identification numbers, or eRINs, when electricity was used as fuel for electric vehicles.

Biden administration delays fuel credit program for electric car makers

If an eagle flies into a wind mill, how is that the responsibility of the wind farm? I don't see any negligence on their part. Why do eagles try to fly through those things anyway?
I wonder if it's about taking them offline during migration periods. Or having some sort of technology to identify and warn away approaching eagles.

From what I understand, eagles and other raptors are not accustomed to vertical obstacles and typically have their eyes focused on the ground searching for prey.

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
LOL I do believe New Jersey is the ONLY state that doesn't allow you to pump your own gas. Oregon has started allowing people to pump their own gas is some situations. Additionally, the Oregon state house voted (March 2023) 47-10 to allow people to pump their own gas. Don't know if it will go through or not, but this change is finally coming in Oregon.
when I was there a couple years ago, pre-Covid, you could find "self pump" stations. always made me chuckle. I would always stop at those even if I had to pay a little more.

If an eagle flies into a wind mill, how is that the responsibility of the wind farm? I don't see any negligence on their part. Why do eagles try to fly through those things anyway?
I mean isnt that the exact mindset the renewable energy people are trying to steer away from?

What is the responsibility to an oil producer if it raises temps and some animals die, wheres the negligence?

Reactions: AM64
Customer Service, Elon Style: Musk’s Tesla Asks Man to Bring Car to Service Center After Fire Leaves It a Charred Ruin

Tesla-burning-in-California-640x480.jpg

In a shocking incident, a Tesla Model Y spontaneously caught fire on a California highway, leaving the owner, Bishal Malla, scrambling for answers from a largely unresponsive customer service team. Incredibly, Elon Musk’s Tesla asked him to bring the charred ruin left after a battery fire into a company service center. The owner responded, “How in the world am I going to do that?”

Malla was driving his Tesla on May 6 when he felt the car shaking. Initially suspecting a flat tire, he pulled over, only to discover smoke billowing from the bottom of the vehicle. Within minutes, the entire car was engulfed in flames.

Business Insider reports that in the aftermath of the incident, Malla reached out to Tesla’s customer service for answers. However, he reported that his attempts to communicate with the company were met with silence. Despite contacting the company multiple times, Malla said he received “no follow-ups.”

Customer Service, Elon Style: Musk's Tesla Asks Man to Bring Car to Service Center After Fire Leaves It a Charred Ruin

Without government support and hype, a lot of companies like the ones building these buses wouldn't even exist. It's just one of many companies with a sole purpose of existing on flawed government giveaway programs. It's the great liberal giveaway to promote minorities and/or flawed technologies that can't make it on their own merits, and it's doing no one any good ... except for a few shady types (both government and corporate) who are laughing all the way to the bank.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY and hog88
Without government support and hype, a lot of companies like the ones building these buses wouldn't even exist. It's just one of many companies with a sole purpose of existing on flawed government giveaway programs. It's the great liberal giveaway to promote minorities and/or flawed technologies that can't make it on their own merits, and it's doing no one any good ... except for a few shady types (both government and corporate) who are laughing all the way to the bank.
It's why I chuckle at conservatives who celebrate Musk. He's the king of corporate welfare. Smart guy dont get me wrong

Oh, I know that everyone has strong feelings one way or the other. Doesn't bother me a bit. I have no doubt that the traditional auto industry is probably pushing this crazy narrative that EVs all catch on fire and burn down your house. The same number of people I know have experienced EV fires as have experienced negative CV19 outcomes as young/middle aged healthy adults.

There's no way in hell that the country/ electrical infrastructure is ready for 50% EVs. They are definitely not right for certain types of driving. The government has no business mandating anything. However, mine is super fun, blazing fast, comfortable, relatively affordable, and will save me tons in gas money.

Do you have regenerative braking ? This is a very significant advantage.

Do you have regenerative braking ? This is a very significant advantage.
I do, and I hope it extends the life of my performance brakes as well.

It did take a little getting used to, but unless someone pulls out in front of me or a light turns yellow when I'm rapidly approaching, I rarely have to press the brake pedal.

I do, and I hope it extends the life of my performance brakes as well.

It did take a little getting used to, but unless someone pulls out in front of me or a light turns yellow when I'm rapidly approaching, I rarely have to press the brake pedal.

That's our experience (should equate to longer-lasting brake system). This also is simultaneously recharging the battery.

Read up on recycling (it totally makes $ sense that they will figure out how to make materials reuasable).

Redwood Materials Raises $700 Million In Race To Revolutionize Battery Recycling For Electric Cars

I'm beginning to think that people may be realizing the EV revolution can't possibly go as was being pushed. I've seen in the last two weeks different articles now saying that EVs aren't as pure as the driven snow and not nearly as environmentally friendly as promoted. All the sudden, there are words of wisdom that the studies and claims were too narrowly focused. The batteries that make EVs work also make them extremely heavy and leads to more micro pollution from auto tires in the air - they haven't worked up to weight and road damage yet. The environmental cost related to battery production is making more noise now. It's like there's an undercurrent to dial it all back because somebody has figured out that the infrastructure isn't here and won't be for the mass migration from petroleum fueled cars to EVs, but they can't just come out and say "We got it all wrong."

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
I'm beginning to think that people may be realizing the EV revolution can't possibly go as was being pushed. I've seen in the last two weeks different articles now saying that EVs aren't as pure as the driven snow and not nearly as environmentally friendly as promoted. All the sudden, there are words of wisdom that the studies and claims were too narrowly focused. The batteries that make EVs work also make them extremely heavy and leads to more micro pollution from auto tires in the air - they haven't worked up to weight and road damage yet. The environmental cost related to battery production is making more noise now. It's like there's an undercurrent to dial it all back because somebody has figured out that the infrastructure isn't here and won't be for the mass migration from petroleum fueled cars to EVs, but they can't just come out and say "We got it all wrong."

Interesting. Any actual stats in those articles?

How many new 2-story+ residential, commercial and industrial projects come online annually ; how many mobile phones and other charging devices + supercomputers on the grid.

Yeah, it's crazy to think that the current grid could support such a dramatic shift to EVs as the current administration is suggesting. Vacation travel alone would be impossible.

I'm not sure how much veracity I put into the "heavy car damage" notion, though. At 4000 pounds, my car is still lighter than even mid- sized SUVs, Jeeps, vans, and pickups. The highway I take to work is constantly traveled by dump trucks and molten aluminum carriers, which weigh many times more.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back