Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skynet is spreading. The movie probably just had the year wrong. It will become self-aware on August 4, 2023, not 1997. Start working on your bomb shelters and stocking up on food and ammo.
Why ammo? It obvs does no good.

I've started procuring old retail store dummy's, large drive by light up electric signs, wacky inflatable flailing arm flailing tube guys, and erecting a large smelting pit. (my wife isnt happy)

Truth be told the gigantic pit of liquid fire can be a bit hazardous for smalls. But, its worth it.

Why ammo? It obvs does no good.

I've started procuring old retail store dummy's, large drive by light up electric signs, wacky inflatable flailing arm flailing tube guys, and erecting a large smelting pit. (my wife isnt happy)

Truth be told the gigantic pit of liquid fire can be a bit hazardous for smalls. But, its worth it.
solid-solid-plan.gif

Reactions: Jackcrevol
That's crazy, you literally hear the complaint prior to the sales pitch. I can literally see it coming. Just like a used car salesman shaking the head whilst examing your trade in, 'I just dont know, these Honda's just arent in demand anymore.'

Ive been told there are concrete pour minumums. Load needs rebar which adds cost. I said to hell with it.
Yeah, you can save a lot doing it yourself. I used rebar and fiber reinforced. I realize not everyone has the skills or equipment to do stuff like this but it's amazing how much money you save by doing it yourself plus I enjoy it. My dad taught me about every skill imaginable. YouTube is a great resource as well.

Hosed mine down last week. Then started noticing that some boards were loose and nails sticking up. So, deck screws replaced crappy nail gun used by cheap labor hire.

Then noticed stain was peeling. Time to start restaining.

Next noticed the beds hadnt been weeded.

Then a tree needed trimming.

Beer.

Grass mowed.

Garden tended too.

Beer.

Dinner time.

Oh look, a butterfly.
I got up and did the same thing, then it was breakfast time, instead of dinner.

our yard odds on limestone hill. rock vein stretching under house into yard.

We looked at concrete but were quoted $5K, also to get a truck back there would hve to removed part of privacy fence.

Had I to redo, would have opted for polywood, acetylated, or some hybrid. Perhaps full synthetic.
Hardie boarding is how we went. Little more costly but hardly any upkeep. it looks good and feels good. Haven’t been disappointed

That's crazy, you literally hear the complaint prior to the sales pitch. I can literally see it coming. Just like a used car salesman shaking the head whilst examing your trade in, 'I just dont know, these Honda's just arent in demand anymore.'

Ive been told there are concrete pour minumums. Load needs rebar which adds cost. I said to hell with it.
Someone tried to Jack the price up on you. Rebar isn’t necessary for a 4 inch patio slab. I’d have a second quote. As @InVOLuntary said they have line pumps that are used to get around house or what they call Georgia buggy’s.

Someone tried to Jack the price up on you. Rebar isn’t necessary for a 4 inch patio slab. I’d have a second quote. As @InVOLuntary said they have line pumps that are used to get around house or what they call Georgia buggy’s.
yeah that service was never presented.

My driveway and sidewalk were quoted between $10-12K for concrete, right next to the road. I even offered my services for removal. Guy calls his boss, ok called my boss. Today only $8K.

I just shook my head. I wouldnt pay over $1500 for that.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
yeah that service was never presented.

My driveway and sidewalk were quoted between $10-12K for concrete, right next to the road. I even offered my services for removal. Guy calls his boss, ok called my boss. Today only $8K.

I just shook my head. I wouldnt pay over $1500 for that.
Oh wow haha. Depending on how much concrete needed might not be too bad. I know I’m middle TN a yard of concrete is about $120-140

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back