Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bee that guy.
zombee.jpg

No Davy Crockett? Chet Atkins or Issac Hayes?
What about Morgan Freeman or Reggie White? Samuel L Jackson or Justin Timberlake? Quentin Tarantino?

Pat, Wilma, Reggie, and Elvis, imo. Maybe trade out Reggie for Davy? I'd have Aretha Franklin on there before Tina, as much as I love Tina (Ike-days Tina especially).

I'd rather see James K Polk on there than Oprah.

I'm related to 'ole Uncle Polk:p

Reactions: drvenner
THE VOLUNTEER
@ALLVOLNEWS
Vols should get some good news soon.
12:34 PM · May 26, 2023

===========================

Anyone know what this tweet might refer to?

Reactions: BigSteve09
His parting words were "You can go to hell. I'm going to Texas." Eff him.
True. Wasn't that directed more to Jackson, though? He did call Jackson "a greater tyrant than Cromwell, Caesar, and Bonaparte".

Last edited:
True. Wasn't that directed more to Jackson, though? He did call Jackson "a greater tyrant than Cromwell, Caesar, and Bonaparte".

He was mad at the entire assembly. IDK but probably voters too. He'd lost reelection and basically went to Texas because he thought he could get elected there and/or appointed to a position and do things his way in a new territory. In some way it's very Tennesseean of him to tell us to go to hell but I'm not sure outsiders would understand that - lol.

I'm related to 'ole Uncle Polk:p
Stopped at the Polk House on a recent trip to the Nash. Worth a visit. Also that restaurant with all the mule festival photos: don't recall the name. There are a lot of Tennessee mules of that pedigree working the carriage rides in New Orleans.

Last edited:
I knew a guy back in the day who every time he had a bad hangover used to say, "I must have gotten hold of some bad ice." 😂
Apparently there is a whole ice-making sub-culture out there. This video just scratches the surface. You can tell, by how he talks and the products he shows, there is a lot more to making ice for some people. 😆

The video is actually pretty good though. Has me thinking about making myself some clear ice. . . and I rarely ever use ice.

It did look pretty cool though. . . when he dropped a piece of clear ice in a glass and put some liquor in it, it looked like the ice disappeared below the surface. . . looked like there was no ice in it at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back