Is this true? Justine transferring

Only talking basketball, nothing more, nothing less....I was speaking of playing time/minutes....

GT I like you so none of this is personal. But give me one metric, any stat, any observable input that shows JP is better at this point in time than SP? Why would JP reasonably expect based on results to get more playing time than SP?

Shooting, ball handling, passing, defense, rebounding, toughness, ... SP is currently better than Justine in every metric.

She could have stepped in nicely to Jackson's role after next season. But that would have required her buying in and doing the work. She was too weak to do that and decided to go for easy pt at Vandy.

Last edited:
GT I like you so none of this is personal. But give me one metric, any stat, any observable input that shows JP is better at this point in time than SP? Why would JP reasonably expect based on results to get more playing time than SP?

Shooting, ball handling, passing, defense, rebounding, toughness, ... SP is currently better than Justine in every metric.

She could have stepped in nicely to Jackson's role after next season. But that would have required her buying in and doing the work. She was too weak to do that and decided to go for easy pt at Vandy.

There were a series of perhaps 5-7 games, or more, SP was completely ineffective, both on offense and defense...She had lost her offensive shot, and even on defense she moved out of the way of a few penetrating guards so they could score against us....

Kellie kept putting her back out there, while Justine just set on the bench and starred at the it show Kellie called offense...It was the worst lack of motion offense I have ever seen by any women's college basketball team....

In any event, Justine is now gone....It was her choice...Perhaps we will never really know what were the deciding factors for her to leave....She left without complaining...We owe her that much in return....
2DBS5SZSFJHJJOAOKNBSQWUUPM.jpg

She wrote to me "it had nothing to do with basketball " and "i have nothing but respect for kellie...".

I try not to push too hard for information from the players/family/staff I am associated with so I will take this as the answer(s) she want me to have. She's a great kid, GT. Really quiet and seemingly very introverted...I respect her world and wish her happiness and success, no matter where she goes,, as I know you do to. And I did tell her that you are her most consistent and truest fan

All I can say about this is I still have to see that Kellie can make changes without it being a forced situation...until then I consider her statement to Cora,,,FACT!
What statement to Cora? If you’re gonna get snarky, please reference specific quotes or links.

Edit: The Kellie I don’t like change quote . Weak sauce. Great coaches understand they need to grow.

Last edited:
There were a series of perhaps 5-7 games, or more, SP was completely ineffective, both on offense and defense...She had lost her offensive shot, and even on defense she moved out of the way of a few penetrating guards so they could score against us....

Kellie kept putting her back out there, while Justine just set on the bench and starred at the it show Kellie called offense...It was the worst lack of motion offense I have ever seen by any women's college basketball team....

In any event, Justine is now gone....It was her choice...Perhaps we will never really know what were the deciding factors for her to leave....She left without complaining...We owe her that much in return....
So true. Hasn’t stirred the webz as others have.

Come now GT. Our offense was better this year than it's been in over a decade.

Reading all of these Justine posts just brings me back to something that I think and have said many times before. To many players with a similar skill set of Justine has been recruited over the last 3 to 4 years. We had a log jam with these players, if SP wanted spot playing time the last 2 years she had to learn to play the 4 spot. Maybe she blossoms next year and becomes a more than a role player. If Striplin wanted playing time as a sophomore she had to muscle up her body and play the 5 spot, and she did. Justine was and is not very athletic as far as handling the ball, quickness and her body just not muscular enough to play in the paint. Her game does not fit with players skill set such as Horston, Jackson etc and Darby gets most of the playing time as she should. In KJH's defense how do you say no to a Parade AA who wants to come to TN and play when she was not a very good fit? Harper's ability to assemble a team has always bugged me. We needed more team speed and she has been slow to go out and get it.

Harper's ability to assemble a team has always bugged me. We needed more team speed and she has been slow to go out and get it.

She hasn't been slow to go out and get it. She has seen the need for more speed and has been in the running for many such players. She's trying; they're just not always signing.

Reading all of these Justine posts just brings me back to something that I think and have said many times before. To many players with a similar skill set of Justine has been recruited over the last 3 to 4 years. We had a log jam with these players, if SP wanted spot playing time the last 2 years she had to learn to play the 4 spot. Maybe she blossoms next year and becomes a more than a role player. If Striplin wanted playing time as a sophomore she had to muscle up her body and play the 5 spot, and she did. Justine was and is not very athletic as far as handling the ball, quickness and her body just not muscular enough to play in the paint. Her game does not fit with players skill set such as Horston, Jackson etc and Darby gets most of the playing time as she should. In KJH's defense how do you say no to a Parade AA who wants to come to TN and play when she was not a very good fit? Harper's ability to assemble a team has always bugged me. We needed more team speed and she has been slow to go out and get it.

“Darby gets most of the playing time as she should”

Numbers don’t lie in games we’ve lost.

Reactions: Raebo
We needed more team speed and she has been slow to go out and get it.
Wells and Spear say hold my gatorade. I'm sure if they could have gotten quality speed sooner, they would have. BTW our new team speed will be here June 4!
“Darby gets most of the playing time as she should”

Numbers don’t lie in games we’ve lost.
Numbers can lie when compared to nothing. There are zero numbers to show JP would have improved numbers in games we lost. There IS evidence that the coaches, based on prolonged practice observation, did not think that would have happened.

So as always, we're back to the implication that KJH and staff purposely, unfairly penalized JP to the determent of the team. If I believed that for a second, I'd quit following the team and follow Vandy. IMO this has more to do with the strange need to make victims of our fave players done wrong. White Knight alert.

Wells and Spear say hold my gatorade. I'm sure if they could have gotten quality speed sooner, they would have. BTW our new team speed will be here June 4!

Numbers can lie when compared to nothing. There are zero numbers to show JP would have improved numbers in games we lost. There IS evidence that the coaches, based on prolonged practice observation, did not think that would have happened.

So as always, we're back to the implication that KJH and staff purposely, unfairly penalized JP to the determent of the team. If I believed that for a second, I'd quit following the team and follow Vandy. IMO this has more to do with the strange need to make victims of our fave players done wrong. White Knight alert.

Evidence says this is an excuse to appease.
We were told RJ needed to learn how to practice, although she was the best player on the court for either team.

“There IS evidence that the coaches, based on prolonged practice observation, did not think that would have happened.”

I didn’t say anything in regards to JP. My comment was in regards to the statement on Darby getting the most playing time.

Evidence says this is an excuse to appease.
We were told RJ needed to learn how to practice, although she was the best player on the court for either team.

“There IS evidence that the coaches, based on prolonged practice observation, did not think that would have happened.”

I didn’t say anything in regards to JP. My comment was in regards to the statement on Darby getting the most playing time.
While I thought RJ was kept from starting far too long, the result speaks for itself. She had the best season of her career, was the happiest she's ever been in college, chose to return, and look the hell out this upcoming season.

Also, any comment about Darby getting "the most" playing time is of course about JP's playing time. In a thread about JP's transfer over playing time (though the loudest complainers acknowledge JP herself said it was NOT about playing time.) C'mon.

Reactions: Bret178
While I thought RJ was kept from starting far too long, the result speaks for itself. She had the best season of her career, was the happiest she's ever been in college, chose to return, and look the hell out this upcoming season.

Also, any comment about Darby getting "the most" playing time is of course about JP's playing time. In a thread about JP's transfer over playing time (though the loudest complainers acknowledge JP herself said it was NOT about playing time.) C'mon.
Not of course, when Tess was out JP wasn’t necessarily in. So the two were not always handcuffed to each others rotation.

Not of course, when Tess was out JP wasn’t necessarily in. So the two were not always handcuffed to each others rotation.
Then how did Darby's playing time get into almost every post in the JP transfer thread? Oh never mind. I give up. Ya'll go ahead and diminish JP as a poor Damsel in Distress in need of rescue. Even when she's told you that's not true. Whatever.

The first principle of a motion offense is motion....Imagine how effective the team could of been if the team moved with a purpose.....

You may not have seen much motion out there because they ran they much less motion offense than they have in the past. Seems like most of the plays were designed set plays for JH and RJ... closer to how the NBA and the W does things.

Personally, I prefer designed sets to motion offense.

Then how did Darby's playing time get into almost every post in the JP transfer thread? Oh never mind. I give up. Ya'll go ahead and diminish JP as a poor Damsel in Distress in need of rescue. Even when she's told you that's not true. Whatever.
I believe most were bitching about Puckett not Darby

She hasn't been slow to go out and get it. She has seen the need for more speed and has been in the running for many such players. She's trying; they're just not always signing.
You’re right on this I do believe at first her thinking was I need skilled shooters over an athlete which was Holly’s way but now she sees that isn’t working so hopefully she finds that medium of athlete with a skilled game

Reactions: chuckiepoo

she was ineffective the entire season lets move on lol

VN Store

Back