Is this true? Justine transferring

UConn used to be our rival. You have to beat your rival for it to be a true rivalry.

So Alabama ceased to be our rival during the long drought?

Are they now our rival again? Or is there a certain number of wins that need to take place for that to be true?

Does that rule hold true for all historic rivalries going back decades? Teams have to trade wins every other year for the series to be called a rivalry?

(All rhetorical questions).

So Alabama ceased to be our rival during the long drought?

Are they now our rival again? Or is there a certain number of wins that need to take place for that to be true?

Does that rule hold true for all historic rivalries going back decades? Teams have to trade wins every other year for the series to be called a rivalry?

(All rhetorical questions).
That was just @turbovol with a daily acerbic quip.

Reactions: creekdipper
I stated earlier Vanderbilt was the in state rival 10 post ago lol now everyone trying to state it and I'm considered the dumbass who knows nothing lol,watch Lady Vols basketball since 77 before most on here was born.of course I'm not a True Fan what a crock

I stated earlier Vanderbilt was the in state rival 10 post ago lol now everyone trying to state it and I'm considered the dumbass who knows nothing lol,watch Lady Vols basketball since 77 before most on here was born.of course I'm not a True Fan what a crock
Take a deep breath, brother. It’s a fan forum. There are even twitter ‘stans on here. All types, all shapes, any defining characteristic you could imagine. So I enjoy, some I respond to directly by reply, quite a few I systematically ignore. I do not use the ignore function. If something someone says pisses me off to the extreme, I set my phone down for a few hours and chill.

No one says your not a true fan
A little disgruntled maybe...

I too watched my first lady vol game with my Dad in 1977
Little known Pat Head who had just two years before had won in the PanAm games
Sidelined by a knee injury, she began to coach the Lady Vols
Her team went 28-5 and looked like it was growing into a beast

Dad and I were in a heated rivalry ourselves
He loved JoJo White, John Havlichek and the Celtics and I preferred Adrian Dantley, Lew Alcindor (aka Kareem) and the Lakers
Neither one of us had a college team we followed so our in-state team was our goto

Nearly 45 years later we both still have the same chosen teams
I went in the Army in 78, got out in 81 and coached my first team (10u girls)
He is now 91 and still loves BB,,,and well, I guess I do too

No one says your not a true fan
A little disgruntled maybe...

I too watched my first lady vol game with my Dad in 1977
Little known Pat Head who had just two years before had won in the PanAm games
Sidelined by a knee injury, she began to coach the Lady Vols
Her team went 28-5 and looked like it was growing into a beast

Dad and I were in a heated rivalry ourselves
He loved JoJo White, John Havlichek and the Celtics and I preferred Adrian Dantley, Lew Alcindor (aka Kareem) and the Lakers
Neither one of us had a college team we followed so our in-state team was our goto

Nearly 45 years later we both still have the same chosen teams
I went in the Army in 78, got out in 81 and coached my first team (10u girls)
He is now 91 and still loves BB,,,and well, I guess I do too
Victoria Ann Cape, Plaintiff-appellee, v. Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association, Defendant-appellant, 563 F.2d 793 (6th Cir. 1977)
…judgement in favor of TSSAA before Coach Pat Head Summitt got involved.

Last edited:
Coach, just a question or two about Justine and her transfer to Vanderbilt....I understand your promised limitations....

Logic says that Justine transferred for her lack of playing time here during this past season...Is there some validity to that statement?

I personally felt she was treated like small change by the staff and she was right to get away from here...Kellie has her favorite (Puckett) and Justine was not going to come between the two of them, now, or in the future on any planet....

The last half of the season she looked way too bored with this non motion, stale offense, and knew she was not coming back for more misery....

She always had a pleasant demeanor about her, and this fan will always be a fan of the young lady....

You remember how wild I was about Ace from Farragut, that is until I saw Justine bomb those 25 footers...Like seeing a babe with a better backside...LOL

Coach, just a question or two about Justine and her transfer to Vanderbilt....I understand your promised limitations....

Logic says that Justine transferred for her lack of playing time here during this past season...Is there some validity to that statement?

I personally felt she was treated like small change by the staff and she was right to get away from here...Kellie has her favorite (Puckett) and Justine was not going to come between the two of them, now, or in the future on any planet....

The last half of the season she looked way too bored with this non motion, stale offense, and knew she was not coming back for more misery....

She always had a pleasant demeanor about her, and this fan will always be a fan of the young lady....

You remember how wild I was about Ace from Farragut, that is until I saw Justine bomb those 25 footers...Like seeing a babe with a better backside...LOL

Here say about Puckett being Kellie's favorite that's how rumors get started

Only talking basketball, nothing more, nothing less....I was speaking of playing time/minutes....

Only talking basketball, nothing more, nothing less....I was speaking of playing time/minutes....
Usually playing time is determined in practice,so Puckett must have been progressing more.By all means am a Puckett homer no way she really needs to work on her game.Maybe the young lady wasn't a fit nothing against her but Vanderbilt might use her skill level to their advantage

Players respect a coach that values what they do in practice, so if u are outplaying certain players in practice u should get the playing time, that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Last edited:
If we are going the practice earns playing time route, we have bigger issues based on game production.

Reactions: Voluble2
It's really bush league to attack 18/19 year olds for their decisions about where to play their basketball collegiate careers. Just let her go and wish her well.
I don't think the intent is to attack Justine at all. It's to make her a victim of an unfair situation. Then that gets answered w reasons others think PT was fairly appropriated.
Kellie has her favorite (Puckett) and Justine was not going to come between the two of them, now, or in the future on any planet....
'Favorite' sort of implies something unfair went on. Clearly, Kellie (and staff) favored playing time for Sara over that of JP and several others, in spite of Sara's struggles. Some folks obviously disagree w that coaching decision but unless we have evidence to the contrary, there was nothing nefarious or unfair. Arguably wrong headed, but not mean spirited.

Also I believe there is a planet where JP could have flipped the script. That would be Planet Reporting Ready to Play and Dialed In. If JP was consistently better than Sara in practice and still couldn't get "between them", then we're back to suspecting something unfair going on by the coaches.

Most likely scenario is no one was or feels unfairly treated, no one's mad at anyone and everyone hopefully did what's best for them.

I don't think the intent is to attack Justine at all. It's to make her a victim of an unfair situation. Then that gets answered w reasons others think PT was fairly appropriated.

'Favorite' sort of implies something unfair went on. Clearly, Kellie (and staff) favored playing time for Sara over that of JP and several others, in spite of Sara's struggles. Some folks obviously disagree w that coaching decision but unless we have evidence to the contrary, there was nothing nefarious or unfair. Arguably wrong headed, but not mean spirited.

Also I believe there is a planet where JP could have flipped the script. That would be Planet Reporting Ready to Play and Dialed In. If JP was consistently better than Sara in practice and still couldn't get "between them", then we're back to suspecting something unfair going on by the coaches.

Most likely scenario is no one was or feels unfairly treated, no one's mad at anyone and everyone hopefully did what's best for them.
This place often resembles a fan forum. 🤣

A poster or two took her transfer to Vandy personal.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back