Is this true? Justine transferring

Give me a hard working B student over an entitled A student any day.
Are all kids who get A’s entitled? Or is it just high academic kids from schools like Vanderbilt. Would a kid who got into both Tennessee and Vanderbilt be considered entitled?

Or just quoting Eric Thomas to quote Eric Thomas
Ah yes a coach throwing out wisdom just to do so. Yk I just randomly quote Eric Thomas too. Comes up in casual conversation all the time.

Didn’t mean it in a negative way. Maybe she thinks we have a lot of work horses.

Reactions: Bret178
Hi, Darthie! Doesn’t that depend on where in the employment process one is? First time hires the school and GPA can really impact; after working a few years it is very much on you: technical/job abilities, ability to supervise (hubby always said you got paid to manage people), team player - if applicable, independent worker, creativity, so much specific to the different jobs. And I have seen co-ops get first time hire preference over others due to proven ability. The degree definitely can open the first door, after that, “what have you done lately”. One of the best engineers I ever knew came out of Tennessee Tech and a genius CPA from a small church school. Two of the best I ever knew; the CPA was the best! Now be nice if you respond😌.

LOL we're good SmallVol. Despite the rumors going around this forum, I did NOT attend Vanderbilt. I'm still somehow managing to put food on the table...

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Justine in hindsight would have struggled to get much PT at UT next year with the additions from the portal. She is probably in a better place at Vandy to play and I will watch her also as she grows and develops, but there is too much firepower on LV roster now for her to have seen much more than 10 mpg next season. Wish her the best, seems like a great young lady.

I think Mulkey and Coach Harper are showing that there is a new way of building championship caliber teams from the portal these days. The biggest advantage the portal offers is you know what kind of college level player you are getting. The task of the coach is to take these new pieces and blend them into a team within a season, but Mulkey has shown the blueprint already, it’s very doable.

Justine in hindsight would have struggled to get much PT at UT next year with the additions from the portal. She is probably in a better place at Vandy to play and I will watch her also as she grows and develops, but there is too much firepower on LV roster now for her to have seen much more than 10 mpg next season. Wish her the best, seems like a great young lady.

I think Mulkey and Coach Harper are showing that there is a new way of building championship caliber teams from the portal these days. The biggest advantage the portal offers is you know what kind of college level player you are getting. The task of the coach is to take these new pieces and blend them into a team within a season, but Mulkey has shown the blueprint already, it’s very doable.

Justine would have been given playing time is she improved, I’m sure the coach would play the best players that proved it in practice.

And Yes Mulkey is proving how to build a championship team by being able to recruit the top H.S players and also get top players from the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
I am sorry she left but her body type and skill set to play a 3 or 4 just is not there. I watched Striplin transform her body in one off season and became a big fan of what hard work and determination can accomplish if you have the desire and the work ethic. I also think Puckett is on track to play a 4 or a 3 in some sets. Justine does not look like she could ever have the foot work and ball handing skills to be a 2 or 3 or the body to transform into a 4. We had to many players in that category with Darby Puckett Marta Justine and Striplin. Darby locked down that position and Striplin worked to become a viable 5 or sometimes 4. Puckett has some work but looks like she has a slot for the future as a solid 4 or a situational 3. Marta left and Justine with her 5 stars and bright future looked like the odd girl out.

where she goig? justinepissott @ instagarm posted photos of her wearing vanderbilt gear.

Mudcat, my observation on the picture of Justine wearing vandy togs is that she looked very sad and unhappy. Most all her pictures during her year here were of a happy young lady having a good time. To me the difference is marked. Hope this is not an instance of regret but a show of determination.

I am sorry she left but her body type and skill set to play a 3 or 4 just is not there. I watched Striplin transform her body in one off season and became a big fan of what hard work and determination can accomplish if you have the desire and the work ethic. I also think Puckett is on track to play a 4 or a 3 in some sets. Justine does not look like she could ever have the foot work and ball handing skills to be a 2 or 3 or the body to transform into a 4. We had to many players in that category with Darby Puckett Marta Justine and Striplin. Darby locked down that position and Striplin worked to become a viable 5 or sometimes 4. Puckett has some work but looks like she has a slot for the future as a solid 4 or a situational 3. Marta left and Justine with her 5 stars and bright future looked like the odd girl out.

Hindsight is 20-20, but it appears this was a recruiting mistake by an immature kid. Pissott's decision to commit so early to Kellie was probably a wrong decision. If she had waited til the normal commit time, she might have seen that she was not going to be a fit, and I doubt Kellie would have recruited her very hard if Kellie also saw that she would be blocked at the positions she might have been able to play. When she wanted to commit early, Kellie could not turn her down, not knowing what the future held. I agree her body type is not good for the perimeter, and as Coach Jumper pointed out when he saw her early film, she was not an aggressive rebounder or banger down low. At 6-4, her best position would be a stretch four with her range, but she is not physical enough for the four. At last not yet.

could the MTSU grad get into Vandy? MTSU benefits by applications being rejected from the University of Tennessee.
Not necessarily. Some make choices based on cost, location, etc. Some of our sharpest employees are from the non-elite or P5 type schools. Great work ethic and don’t carry the elite attitude that can get in the way.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
That was the knock on Pissott...apparently she didn't believe in after hours work.

I have seen something of hers on social media which made me think that she might not be putting in the hours. But I also remember her father saying that no one would be in the gym more than her during her recruitment.

Do you have inside knowledge, Earl?

I have seen something of hers on social media which made me think that she might not be putting in the hours. But I also remember her father saying that no one would be in the gym more than her during her recruitment.

Do you have inside knowledge, Earl?

Her father seems…interesting. I’ll leave it at that.

Looks like a case of a parent making the decisions rather than the player. Reminds me of the Joens sisters. Their dad is a nut bag id never want to coach his daughter.

Last edited:
Welp Justine can kiss her professional chances away ...WNBA at least , Vandy wont be winning no time soon nor are they putting players in the pros.

Maybe the WNBA is no longer her goal if it ever was? She is saving her parents a lot of money by playing BB. At least not having to borrow a lot via student loans.
OTOH, if she is good enough a WNBA team will want her regardless of who she plays for.

Resume is fine it tells what you've done. But what's the difference in a Vandy MBA and an mtsu MBA? To me, nothing except the Vandy guy might be a spoiled, entitled brat.

That is just not how it works. Let's break it down. A good bit of MBA curriculum is pretty standardized (particularly in the first year). So, the Vandy and MTSU classses may use similar text books, similar cases and so on. There is likely some difference in expertise across faculty but let's not dwell on that.

Here are the clear differences.

Students in the Vandy program will have GMAT scores (the entrance exam) that ranger beween 650 and 700. Average GMAT for an MTSU student is going to 550 to 600. So, students are coming in with better academic backgrounds and aptitudes so they can pushed more, particularly in the quant direction.

Third, when you enter into a MBA you are not just earning a degree you are gaining acccess to alumni networks and a host of corporate connections for internships and jobs after graduation. Honestly, Vandy's MBA program (the Owen School of Business) is not even that elite (Ranked 27th by US News and World Reports) but it dominates the placement potential of an MTSU,.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver
Not necessarily. Some make choices based on cost, location, etc. Some of our sharpest employees are from the non-elite or P5 type schools. Great work ethic and don’t carry the elite attitude that can get in the way.
My child was in that situation. We do not have money but after completing her medical residency at ETSU they matched her with Vandy in a 3 year fellowship. She could take the elitist attitude from top to bottom for 13 months and and gave it back to them and went in a great position at East Tenn Childrens hospital and loves everything UT and Kville. Just saying!

We got 4 players from the portal last season, (which is after high school players commit), and had 16 players on the roster. It was a lot of new players to integrate into a new cohesive team. Different player combinations played together to find which players played best together, a lot for a Freshman to learn.

Still, we needed help from someone who could should 3’s. That was Justine’s forte, but her shots just didn’t drop. If they had, she would have gotten more playing time, and might still be on our team. She looks to have the body type of Paige Bueckers, so maybe we hoped too much that she would play like Paige. For whatever reason, confidence, not ready for the big stage, lack of shooting focus, or Freshman nerves, Justine shot 26.1% on her 3 point attempts. We had to win games, and she didn’t prove she could help us do that.

Sorry to see her go, but maybe the timing just wasn’t right for her with us this year.

Last edited:
Where you go to school has very little to do with your salary. That’s all up to you.

Re: some of the snide comments made toward your post, it might be noted that you said "salary," not "starting salary" or even "chances of being hired."

An incompetent, lazy, or undependable employee from a highly-ranked school is unlikely to advance in the job (or even keep the job) whereas an employee who is motivated, creative, and dependable may move up the ranks quickly if the employer values those things, regardless of the latter employee graduating from an "inferior" school. The eventual salaries will reflect that difference.

Of course, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs prove that a degree from a "name" university is absolutely essential to achieving success.

Re: some of the snide comments made toward your post, it might be noted that you said "salary," not "starting salary" or even "chances of being hired."

An incompetent, lazy, or undependable employee from a highly-ranked school is unlikely to advance in the job (or even keep the job) whereas an employee who is motivated, creative, and dependable may move up the ranks quickly if the employer values those things, regardless of the latter employee graduating from an "inferior" school. The eventual salaries will reflect that difference.

Of course, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs prove that a degree from a "name" university is absolutely essential to achieving success.
Gates and Jobs are collrge drop outs. sure you knew that though.

VN Store

Back