‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

@Plove23 Been reading on Volquest. Cam is getting a lot of love and WOW's over there. Austin Price, Brent Hubbs and Matt Ray all giving Cam huge praise and said Cam made the biggest step forward during Spring practice. They seem to think that he and Davis as Freshman are going to see the field next Fall. Can't wait!
That's awesome!!! Austin Price came up to us before dinner and was joking with him about his press conference..saying he couldn't get 2 words from him during his commitment, now he's just jabbering away lol.

We’ve been lucky the last couple years that guys lived up to their hype. Hyatt Bru and squirrel last year, Velus and Payton the year before. Hopefully Leacock and Webb can be those guys in 24
What hype? They didn’t have any. Then they preformed beyond expectations. Now that’s being lucky instead of working hard and having good coaching with a great scheme?Give them some credit even if you don’t think others will work that hard.

What hype? They didn’t have any. Then they preformed beyond expectations. Now that’s being lucky instead of working hard and having good coaching with a great scheme?Give them some credit even if you don’t think others will work that hard.
No no, I meant we expected Bru and squirrel to contribute and they did, etc. We haven’t had many WR busts in a while and we’re fortunate. Seems like this staff knows how to evaluate. Can’t forget days of Preston Williams, Jordan Murphy, etc

😏 …and we may have another one!

my one complaint with CP, the only one, was that he never learned to catch with his hands. He always caught with his body, and you see it even in these highlights. Thats why he is "only" a RB in the NFL these days. Catching with his body allows shorter corners to make a play on the ball before CP got hands on it, and it also gives them a hair of a second longer to react. If he ever learned to elevate and stretch out for balls he would be even crazier.

Insane physical talent. that fast, at that size, with the ability to stop on a dime, and acceleration out of those cuts? freaking scary talent, just not as much of a receiver as he could have been.

my one complaint with CP, the only one, was that he never learned to catch with his hands. He always caught with his body, and you see it even in these highlights. Thats why he is "only" a RB in the NFL these days. Catching with his body allows shorter corners to make a play on the ball before CP got hands on it, and it also gives them a hair of a second longer to react. If he ever learned to elevate and stretch out for balls he would be even crazier.

Insane physical talent. that fast, at that size, with the ability to stop on a dime, and acceleration out of those cuts? freaking scary talent, just not as much of a receiver as he could have been.
Really having to dig to find something negative to say. The only complaint any Vol fan should have about CP was he only played one season for us.

He would have been better suited for the offense we run now.
Have to disagree with the notion of him always catching with his body. I've seen him plenty of times at Tennessee and everywhere else catch with his hands.

He would have been better suited for the offense we run now.
Have to disagree with the notion of him always catching with his body. I've seen him plenty of times at Tennessee and everywhere else catch with his hands.
I can't think of many of him reaching out to catch many. I remember the Bama game, their DBs were just sitting and waiting for a pass so they could knock it down.

not taking anything away from him really, just calling it like I saw it. seems to have played out in the NFL as well.

Reactions: Plove23
😏 …and we may have another one!

Seldon looks like he's going to be a great player - but I think Patterson is on an entirely different level in terms of his combination of size, speed, vision and ability to turn on a dime in the open field. I can't think of anyone I've seen that is quite like Patterson was that year he was at Tennessee.

Seldon looks like he's going to be a great player - but I think Patterson is on an entirely different level in terms of his combination of size, speed, vision and ability to turn on a dime in the open field. I can't think of anyone I've seen that is quite like Patterson was that year he was at Tennessee.
We got to see Patterson in his 3rd year of playing college ball. He had spent 2 years in JUCO before coming to UT. I'm not saying that Seldon will be as equally dangerous for sure, but the comparison is from looking at a kid who technically should still be in high school. Let's see what he looks like in year 3.

VN Store

Back