'24 GA CB Demello Jones (uga commit)

I'd list this recruit as an ATH or a CB. Pretty positive UT and most schools see him as an elite CB at the next level.

Way too soon to call him elite CB prospect.
He caused no turnovers on defense, but had 2000 yards on offense and 28 TDs.

So he's got the that playmaker ability, but he needs to trust his ability more during his back pedal and in transition.

Ran an 11.1 as a sophomore in the 100.
Decent.

I fully expect him to run sub 11 second this spring.

Just trusting his athletic ability on defense is all he needs. Sky is the limit for him.
He moves well and has great hands. Fluid hips and dangerous feet

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Way too soon to call him elite CB prospect.
He caused no turnovers on defense, but had 2000 yards on offense and 28 TDs.

So he's got the that playmaker ability, but he needs to trust his ability more during his back pedal and in transition.

Ran an 11.1 as a sophomore in the 100.
Decent.

I fully expect him to run sub 11 second this spring.

Just trusting his athletic ability on defense is all he needs. Sky is the limit for him.
He moves well and has great hands. Fluid hips and dangerous feet
He has 31 offers already and of those 31 offers, he has Alabama, UGA, UT, LSU, ND, tOSU recruiting him pretty hard recently. Rather than us argue about our opinions on his film, i'll just say that since the top schools are giving him a lot of attention right now it sorta implies that he is a top CB prospect in the 24' class.

Last edited:
Probably going to Bama or Georgia. Has blown up recently. Planning on visiting Tennessee, Bama, and UGA this spring

Last edited:
Probably going to Bama or Georgia. Has blown up recently. Planning on visiting Tennessee, Bama, and UGA this spring
Can Tennessee ever get any traction with recruits like this instead of them flocking to Georgia, LSU and Alabama. You’d think so after the season Tennessee just had. I don’t get it.

A few recruits Tennessee has snagged but for 24’ that’s when the common thought was Tennessee landing a Top 5 class or so just about due to the on field success with so many super seniors. We’ll see I guess. Just frustrating when it’s two huge rivals

Can Tennessee ever get any traction with recruits like this instead of them flocking to Georgia, LSU and Alabama. You’d think so after the season Tennessee just had. I don’t get it.

Yes. Vols beat out those teams for players at every level of the defense in ‘23. Not to mention the guys on offense

A few recruits Tennessee has snagged but for 24’ that’s when the common thought was Tennessee landing a Top 5 class or so just about due to the on field success with so many super seniors. We’ll see I guess. Just frustrating when it’s two huge rivals
Hopefully we can make a move in the next...10 to 12 months. I'm getting concerned that we're only going to sign 4 players.

He has 31 offers already and of those 31 offers, he has Alabama, UGA, UT, LSU, ND, tOSU recruiting him pretty hard recently. Rather than us argue about our opinions on his film, i'll just say that since the top schools are giving him a lot of attention right now it sorta implies that he is a top CB prospect in the 24' class.
It wasn't an argument...

Good Lord he would have competed for a starting spot for us as a freshman!!
He'll just stand in line in Athens.
bonk.gif

Reactions: Vol since 77
I think it's a "tipping point" kind of phenomena. But part of that is being reached as younger recruits get used to seeing that orange T sitting there between crimson A and red G, among other top schools.

We are in position--and surely at least a year or three ahead of anyone's expectations when we signed Heupel!

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back