'24 GA CB Demello Jones (uga commit)

“Tennessee is a good place to be,” Jones said. “They have a good thing going on right now. It’s a good thing to be around.
“They are recruiting me like I’m not committed. They are just telling me what they can do for me and how Tennessee can benefit me.”
“It will still be open till signing day. I’m still open but I’m still leaning a lot to Georgia. It’s going to be tough (to flip me). I still like Georgia a lot. Tennessee and Alabama are in my top 3. I will be back up here this fall.”
-AP

Not for nothing but you wouldn’t have to bump the thread if there was.
I saw in another thread that he was thinking about flipping to Tennessee after his visit but didn't see anything about it here. SOoooo I thought I would bring it here to see if people in the know knew about it and would then let us be in the know so we would know. You know what I'm saying?

I saw in another thread that he was thinking about flipping to Tennessee after his visit but didn't see anything about it here. SOoooo I thought I would bring it here to see if people in the know knew about it and would then let us be in the know so we would know. You know what I'm saying?

When he visited he had a good visit and stayed late playing a game with Heupel on his visit so there was a little smoke immediately after his visit but hasn’t been any talk of it since his visit. May be something we re-visit in the future but there doesn’t appear to be anything going on now. Could change if he decided to take another visit.

Nothing new happening with Mello Jones right now. He has told everyone that he is taking his visit this fall to UT for the UGA game. There is not much to talk about with this recruitment right now because he has no plans to really sit down and choose between UGA, UT, BAMA until after the fall season ends.

Who cares?
. You should hope their recruiting falls off some or we start putting together three straight top 5 recruiting classes if you wanna have a chance to beat them this decade. A number 11 or 12 ranked class isn’t going to cut it or bring us any titles we all want that right isn’t that the expectation at a football school like Tennessee? South Carolina is out recruiting us right now.

. You should hope their recruiting falls off some or we start putting together three straight top 5 recruiting classes if you wanna have a chance to beat them this decade. A number 11 or 12 ranked class isn’t going to cut it or bring us any titles we all want that right isn’t that the expectation at a football school like Tennessee? South Carolina is out recruiting us right now.

Lol. UGAs recruiting isn’t going to fall off anytime soon. I am not worried about recruiting in July. Jesus dude.

Is there any talk about him flipping?
Nothing about this one says "committed". His own comments make that crystal clear. If he does flip, you can bet the farm UGA recruited over him.

Not really I hate Georgia but yea I’m envious of the dynasty they are putting together right now I wish that was us.

Do you realize that they absolutely suck at everything else and we just had the most successful all around school year we’ve ever had from an athletic standpoint?

Their run in football is impressive but it has come at the cost of every other program on campus…is that really what you yearn for?

I’ll take what we have all day…especially when you consider that we are in fact building a football team that is going to take them the limits and have a VERY legit shot of beating them

Last edited:
Why even watch the games? Just check the 247 team rankings every year on signing day to see if we won or lost right?

Alabama has been top 2 in class rankings on 247 since 2019 and we beat them two years removed from having a significant chunk of our roster purged.

None of your chicken little antics are even remotely warranted until we start falling out of position with the guys we lead for currently.

VN Store

Back